Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
you know....I don't think World Showcase would be nearly the same if it had a giant coaster with people screaming on a constant basis.

One thing I enjoy about WS is how "peaceful" it can be compared to the rest of the resort. it's a much more relaxed atmosphere. The japan pavilion is no exception.

I dunno, Everest kinda took that idea and ran with it. Although Mt. Fuji would look amazing at the back of the park looming over the Japan Pavilion, the best part about it was the concept of the coaster train coming out of the side of the mountain, which was in the early Space Mountain concept art as well, but never realized. It finally got utilized on Everest, so all good and done in my book.

View attachment 7099

View attachment 7100
I imagine it would have been a re-skinned Matterhorn tbh

I dunno, Everest kinda took that idea and ran with it. Although Mt. Fuji would look amazing at the back of the park looming over the Japan Pavilion, the best part about it was the concept of the coaster train coming out of the side of the mountain, which was in the early Space Mountain concept art as well, but never realized. It finally got utilized on Everest, so all good and done in my book.

View attachment 7099

View attachment 7100

Disney has always tried to be fairly unique with the different types of rides it offers but with so much coming and potentially in the pipeline, I think sooner or later, Disney are going to have to start creating similar types of rides.

It’s that kind of thinking that I think has kept Radiator Spring Racers away from WDW but this concept still has the potential to be a massive hit. Not having an IP attached is a different story.

you know....I don't think World Showcase would be nearly the same if it had a giant coaster with people screaming on a constant basis.

One thing I enjoy about WS is how "peaceful" it can be compared to the rest of the resort. it's a much more relaxed atmosphere. The japan pavilion is no exception.

Most of the coast itself would have been inside, though. Not much noise pollution.

I imagine it would have been a re-skinned Matterhorn tbh

Not quite, considering the original plan was for there also to be a Matterhorn in the never-built Switzerland pavilion.

Most of the coast itself would have been inside, though. Not much noise pollution.

Not quite, considering the original plan was for there also to be a Matterhorn in the never-built Switzerland pavilion.

Most of Everest is inside too, and that ride produces constant screaming on the exterior drop.

Reactions: Alicia
I would love to see a trackless Alice in Wonderland ride based on the original animation (like DL has). Even though Ratatouille will have the trackless tech, I think that Alice is timeless & would be a HUGE hit. It would also fit right in with the existing M&G & tea shop at the UK pavilion.

Add in Mr. Toad as well!

I would even take a clone of DL's alice, as is! I'm a bit jealous of DL's classic FL dark ride line-up, particularly alice, which might be my favorite since they added those awesome projections a few years ago. A little updating, a new facade to work into the land better, and I'd be totally satisfied.

That being said, Poppins would be a new ride, which is exciting, but also possibly disappointing. Idk, the Poppins ride really intrigues me, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried :lol:

Reactions: SkiBum
The land that Mt. Fuji would've sat on is actually currently being cleared. Rumored to be for a drone launch/land pad last I heard.

Eh. If you want big boy coasters it's either visible track or a giant showbuiding. I guess they could build some random mountain over it. Mt. Ready Creek?

Since it's next to the parking lot, I think they should theme it to look like a parking garage.

Yeah I don't have a problem with it. If you want pristine sight lines, go visit a national park :lol:

You can't theme a building lazier than Soarin, and it's never ruined my World Showcase expirence. I think it will just become a natural part of the skyline over time.

Yeah I don't have a problem with it. If you want pristine sight lines, go visit a national park :lol:

You can't theme a building lazier than Soarin, and it's never ruined my World Showcase experience. I think it will just become a natural part of the skyline over time.
Am I the only one that has never seen the Soarin building from inside the park?

Also, another good example is that big hotel next to Rainforest Cafe...I never noticed it until they re-did the mountain

Am I the only one that has never seen the Soarin building from inside the park?

Also, another good example is that big hotel next to Rainforest Cafe...I never noticed it until they re-did the mountain
Honestly, I never really notice Soarin' either. It's not much of an issue to me from WS, but I don't think it's comparable to the GotG building since that show building is so incredibly huge.

It is what it is though.

I’d rather see this as a plain boring building than something overly colorful like Mission Breakout. It won’t be very visible/noticeable when you’re near the actual attraction entrance, just like Rockin Roller Coaster. And it would look beyond awful all colorful and Marvel-y as seen from World Showcase, where this thing will actually be visible.

I’d rather see this as a plain boring building than something overly colorful like Mission Breakout. It won’t be very visible/noticeable when you’re near the actual attraction entrance, just like Rockin Roller Coaster. And it would look beyond awful all colorful and Marvel-y as seen from World Showcase, where this thing will actually be visible.

I agree. Plus, Epcot has plenty of those semi themed/or no real themed buildings in Future World anyway. So it fits. No big deal.....and, hearing it's going to be over it's targeted original budget, it makes sense they won't continue overspending for theme.

Reactions: SkiBum
I agree. Plus, Epcot has plenty of those semi themed/or no real themed buildings in Future World anyway. So it fits. No big deal.....and, hearing it's going to be over it's targeted original budget, it makes sense they won't continue overspending for theme.

I'd much rather have an awesome ride than a themed exterior but I'm one of those oddballs.

Reactions: Mad Dog