Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, the point is, the solar panels would barely produce any power, so the chance of them being deactivated or just broken by now is very likely.
Oh, for sure. But at least Epcot has the big modern solar farm next door that actually does provide some power.

I’ve grown used to seeing those solar panels on UoE, and I hope they replace them with modern ones to keep the original concept alive.

Oh, for sure. But at least Epcot has the big modern solar farm next door that actually does provide some power.

I’ve grown used to seeing those solar panels on UoE, and I hope they replace them with modern ones to keep the original concept alive.
That one's actually small compared to the one that's going to be put right new Western Way. Here's the thread from when it was announced back in February: Origis Energy 270 Acre Solar Farm at WDW | Inside Universal Forums

At 270 acres, it will be the 9th largest in the United States and will be able to power two of WDW's theme parks...
new-disney-solar-facility-infographic.jpg

My understanding was the solar panels were actually disconnected when Ellen was done. In any case they haven't been hooked up in a long, long time

You know what a new big show building means to me?

NEW E-TICKET!!! YEAH!!!!!
Yea, I’m excited. It’s sooo far to the side you really don’t notice it when waking most normal directions in the park. It’s no more noticible than the Swan/Dolphin is from World Showcase.

As long as I’m still immersed within each pavilion I don’t mind it at all.

I'd love to see it covered in mirror tiles similar to the outside of UoE. Since you're pretty much always looking up at, reflecting the sky could be an easy way to help hide it.

I'd love to see it covered in mirror tiles similar to the outside of UoE. Since you're pretty much always looking up at, reflecting the sky could be an easy way to help hide it.
As the sun makes it's race across the sky cars in the epcot parking lot burst into flames one at a time.

They have to be real careful with reflective surfaces here in Florida.

Yea, I’m excited. It’s sooo far to the side you really don’t notice it when waking most normal directions in the park. It’s no more noticible than the Swan/Dolphin is from World Showcase.

As long as I’m still immersed within each pavilion I don’t mind it at all.
I'm weird in that I like seeing rides in my amusement parks. (Looking at you DHS!)

As the sun makes it's race across the sky cars in the epcot parking lot burst into flames one at a time.

They have to be real careful with reflective surfaces here in Florida.

I'm weird in that I like seeing rides in my amusement parks. (Looking at you DHS!)

If it’s a flat surface, I assume it should be ok as it won’t concentrate the sun. Anything curved and you’ll have a repeat of the Vdara in Vegas.

I had the weird revelation back when Toy Story Land was still under construction that there were exactly two outdoor things that moved in the entire park: the arm on the Mickey’s of Hollywood sign and the doors on Tower of Terror.

If you wanted to include water features, you could count Gertie’s nostrils steaming and the Muppets fountain, but it’s still very minimal.

A little tip. If you ride the monorail from MK to IPCOT at night, you can get a lit view of the inside of UoE building. Not much to see yet though.

A little tip. If you ride the monorail from MK to IPCOT at night, you can get a lit view of the inside of UoE building. Not much to see yet though.
Yea, thats a cool way to check in on construction.

Also, was that a typo? Or are you really calling it IPCOT from now on lol?

Reactions: Norrin