Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe the concept art showed the ship on the slanted part of the roof, where there will be solar panels. A giant ship would create a shadow over the panels, which would make them pointless.
I've only ever seen it in the front. In art and in the Epcot Experience model even.

guar0874324.jpg

Reactions: Andysol
From Blog Mickey, we can see that the theming is starting to come together in the queue. This is what will be the "Galaxarium" room of the queue, which looks to be be just off from when the entrance of the ride will likely be so this will probably be early in the queue.
guardians-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-queue-03072020-1-1.jpg

guardians-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-queue.jpg

I don't know whether I'm surprised or not that they're not further along inside there after 2.5 years.
It does look like other parts of the queue are farther along as you can see the wall up behind this area. Obviously after 2.5 years, you'd hope it to be further along, but from what I heard, similar to Maelstrom, when they started interior work and removal of UoE, they quickly realized that they had to gut the entire building and basically start from scratch. Based on what Martin has said, it would've been cheaper and faster for them to have demolished the building and started over completely. I'm kinda happy they didn't do that though since I don't trust Disney to theme a show building these days.

Does anyone know why this project is taking so long? Yes, covid puts them ~3 months(?) behind and gutting the building obviously took longer than expected, but the track started going up months ago. Why on earth do they need 2 more years to finish this?

Does anyone know why this project is taking so long? Yes, covid puts them ~3 months(?) behind and gutting the building obviously took longer than expected, but the track started going up months ago. Why on earth do they need 2 more years to finish this?
Disney construction timelines gonna Disney construction timeline

Let me get this straight. Universal is just started building a mega-coaster last year and it's still on track to open in 2021. Disney has been building an indoor spinning coaster for SEVERAL YEARS and it won't be ready? C'mon Disney.

Reactions: SkiBum
Disney construction timelines gonna Disney construction timeline
Disney timelines are really no different than Universal. Both set something for a certain year so that they’ll have something opening that year and they focus their construction timelines around the opening timeframes.

The difference is Disney never tries to pick up the pace on a project whereas Universal is willing to. Disney always goes at the slowest pace possible to meet their desired opening date.

Universal also is different in announcing late in the game versus Disney announcing things stupid early.

The frustrating thing is that Disney builds things at such a lackluster speed that it's like they're constantly anticipating lower revenue, and then when a slowdown actually does materialize, it compounds what's already their M.O.
What really sucks is that they had to stop construction. I mean, I get it due to Disney’s situation, but it’s frustrating thinking of how much they could’ve gotten done when you look at how far Universal has come with their new coaster.

When the parks closed, there wasn’t that many footers even down and now the thing is vertical with some track in place.