Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

^ That was a long time ago right? Back when all the MagicPuffs were thinking that they were tearing down Hulk because they thought Disney was taking it away from Uni...

It was speculated now an insider is confirming talks did happen and Universal did get something. Hints why GOTG despite some of them being avengers Disney is to use along with Doc Strange.

I posted in another thread that kinda got sidetracked about GotG/Ellen ain't happening. So it's nice to see now that in some way... It was slightly validated from the Disney side.

I don't think the ToT is happening either but "wait N see"
Curious, do you base that statement from a source's knowledge or your understanding of the Marvel contract? Or both?

Last edited:
Rumors are rumors. We can all do what we choose with them, no one is forcing anyone to believe them.

I personally don't think any of this is ever going happen, but I do think it is important to report on what the current "rumors" are. People are going to talk about about it everywhere else so it's going to end up here eventually.

Fair, I've always felt that holding back and not reporting EVERYTHING until there's a clear path is the best bet. Saved my ass quite a few times (last time was HHN25 being extended).

Fair, I've always felt that holding back and not reporting EVERYTHING until there's a clear path is the best bet. Saved my ass quite a few times (last time was HHN25 being extended).

As long as you're not outing sources, I think there's value to be gained in hearing what could be, just as long as everyone understands plans change, nothing is a lock until it opens. Maybe it's because I live in the company town (well, two company town now), but I enjoy seeing the process of how things come together, or fail to come together.

Marni around 4 PM today stated that EUOE was going to the location of the new GOTG and was greenlit very recent. Spirit around 937 PM today stated he just talked to his two sources and got that it was 70% happening for TOT due to cost and DHS already being a construction pit.

In essence: :shrug:

And I don't fault either of them for it. This rumor seems particularly difficult to pin down.

Agreed.

Taking a bit of discussion from the MSHI thread... rumors are a pain in the ass to report; especially when people look to you as solid sources. If we had shared everything we've heard, we'd probably be at 10% success rate :lol: Things are always changing, whether it's due to budget, creative, or just something else. For example... Hate nailed Springfield for the most part, but some of the small things were cut... He also said Jurassic Park was next for additions, but it went from JP to Kong. So even rumors that are right or in the realm of it... still can be wrong.

As stated before... this is different because there are a lot of factors that aren't normally involved with project development.

Marni around 4 PM today stated that EUOE was going to the location of the new GOTG and was greenlit very recent. Spirit around 937 PM today stated he just talked to his two sources and got that it was 70% happening for TOT due to cost and DHS already being a construction pit.

Interesting that each has heard such a different plan. I choose to believe Marni... if for no other reason than Spirit comes across as an insufferable, egotistical jerk with contempt for just about everybody, and I'd like to see him be wrong just on that basis!

Out of all the plans that I have heard for GotG, my favorite is still the first one that had it taking over GMR where they would use the LPS ride system and you would be transported into the action at the premier of a GotG sequel.

I really don't know what to believe with any of this. The only thing I can take away from it is that something is looming. Don't know what. Don't know where. Don't know when. But it's interesting none the less.

There has been so many it is replacing this attraction, no this one no this one that until we get official word from Disney anything I read I will file it under wait and see.