Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

Out of all the plans that I have heard for GotG, my favorite is still the first one that had it taking over GMR where they would use the LPS ride system and you would be transported into the action at the premier of a GotG sequel.

Eh, I prefer the Mickey attraction rumor for that space.

That may not be happening either.
raw

Quick slightly aside question. If ToT was revamped to Guardian in DCA and DHS - Would the remaining ones across the globe go too? Is it a contract thing with Twilight Zone?

as much as I LOVE TZ TOT, I really see this as a wise move for Disney. Like it or not, Movie culture has become super hero films. This will sell a boatload of merchandise and attract a whole new teen-mid 20s crowd to the park, which is exactly what Disney needs.

Agreed to an extent but what different demo does Guardians bring that SWL won't already bring in? TOT has such great ties to old Hollywood and old Televison. With GMR rumored to be leaving, it will be the last original park attraction ('94 I know but close enough!) and it should be put in the forever category of Pirates and HM.

Agreed to an extent but what different demo does Guardians bring that SWL won't already bring in? TOT has such great ties to old Hollywood and old Televison. With GMR rumored to be leaving, it will be the last original park attraction ('94 I know but close enough!) and it should be put in the forever category of Pirates and HM.
SW definitely is big with almost every demo... but if there is one demo that SW is probably the weakest with, it's teens, which GotG excelled with.

Gutting TOT for GotG will be a real tragedy, TOT is the last truly great attraction produced at WDW, everything after has been bad, OK or good but not great, meaning they haven't hit a home run in 22 years. On top of this the whole area is themed to Hollywood, how on earth does looking down sunset at GotG have any connection to Hollywood ?Reminds me a little of Transformers being plonked where it was, great ride but doesn't fit IMO.

Having said that the rumours swirling around this gives us more questions than answers and frankly leaves me scratching my head.

UoE could use the attention but again it doesn't fit the area or the park, not that Disney cares about things like the anymore.

Then there's RnRC, for me this would be the best plan, they could theme that whole area and with it being in its own section of the park it wouldn't intrude as much as the other rumoured plans. Only problem is the guy behind this rumor doesn't have the track record of the other two.

With three different rumours for GoTG doing the rounds I believe something is coming, as to what, when and where is anyone's guess.

Well that depends on who you talk too. ;) :lol:

Exactly!

Who are the 'insiders', are they people talking to Ops Managers who hear things second or third hand, are they talking to project managers who hear about what they 'might' be working on in the future, or are they talking the the board members who have the final say.

I have to say working in a project environment I see this all the time, rumors start from chinese whispers and partial info being discussed, which by the time it gets to the masses, is often twisted, or just plain incorrect! The perfect insider is probably someone who works in the Project Portfolio Office, they'll see the project ideas get submitted by the sponsors and they'll see what gets approved. The Governance behind projects on companies this size will be solid.

I'd hope the people who make these decisions have a roadmap and strategy as to where they are going. Even as a small 500 person Insurance company we have a plan that stretches a few years out, yes it changes sometimes, but the overall direction of the company is pretty well thought out.

People who called his office were told with 100% certainity ToT was not being transformed in GoTG in Cali or Florida so...take it with a grain of salt.

I would agree but two things in particular makes me not agree with you on that.

The first thing, is that Tower of Terror is an icon of Walt Disney World, and more importantly; the attraction that people think of when it comes to Hollywood Studios. Whereas DCA's TOT is not the icon of the park and to be honest, isn't a major part of the promotional appeal; regardless if it looms through multiple areas of the park.

The second thing is that as I said, he wouldn't make a deal about this to begin with. While yes, it's at a fan event at Walt Disney World; that came out of the words of the head of Parks and Resorts; an individual that does have a large power to make decisions.

While yes, anything can happen; I'm betting that any rumors to TOT closing for GOTG are gone..