Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've said it from the beginning. If there were ever a Universal/WDW Theme Park Ride draft and we could swap, TOT is my first pick.

But can they send that Wand Waver name back to the drawing board? Some of us have been huge fans of Universal for years before Harry Potter ever came into play.

If Disney ever did get the Marvel rights back, I wouldn't want to be the team that has to develop rides for it. Spider-Man and Hulk even after 17 years are still some of the best in the world and they'd have to top that? No thank you.

Look at the at the Iron Man ride for how unenthusiastic they can be.

If Disney ever did get the Marvel rights back, I wouldn't want to be the team that has to develop rides for it. Spider-Man and Hulk even after 17 years are still some of the best in the world and they'd have to top that? No thank you.

Look at the at the Iron Man ride for how unenthusiastic they can be.
Easy. They'd just do two more Soarin and It's a Small World clones. :lol:

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
Actually a pixie duster is someone who accepts any and everything Disney does. The type of Disney fan no sane person wants to associate with. In fact they're a very small minority in the Tower of Terror thread over there. Maybe one or two people and I've jumped on them with no mercy for defending this insanity.

In defense of the MAGICal fans for once, even some die-hard apologists I've previously accused of being plants (cough, Cap, cough) have taken a hard stance against this. Which just illustrates what a horrible idea it is.

But can they send that Wand Waver name back to the drawing board? Some of us have been huge fans of Universal for years before Harry Potter ever came into play.

Just as Disney foamers are a surprisingly recent phenomenon--I'd say no earlier than the mid 00s--Universal never really had its own class of Pixie Dusters until Hogsmeade opened. Will end up being a weird footnote in the history of the internet.

oh man..I gotta go read this...

Rock and Roller Coaster will eventually need to replaced, as the Aerosmith band members can only live for so much longer. A GoTG coaster makes too much sense....Removing ToT? ha...no way.

Hmm.. I have an idea.
Start another save Disney campaign and oust Iger. Replace him with someone else. His backround is nothing creative and cares the most about his pockets rather than people's feelings. Honestly I'd rather see Eisner back on board somewhere. I know most people didn't like him that much, but micromanaged the company with a creative input and backround.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
Hmm.. I have an idea.
Start another save Disney campaign and oust Iger. Replace him with someone else. His backround is nothing creative and cares the most about his pockets rather than people's feelings. Honestly I'd rather see Eisner back on board somewhere. I know most people didn't like him that much, but micromanaged the company with a creative input and backround.

I disagree, we're looking back on Eisner with nostalgia. Don't forget that Disney animation faltered under him (go watch Home on the Range), direct to video started under him, park budgets were cut, Pressler promoted, Circle D Animation was started to make knock off Pixar movies, and Pixar was going to go independent.

In defense of the MAGICal fans for once, even some die-hard apologists I've previously accused of being plants (cough, Cap, cough) have taken a hard stance against this. Which just illustrates what a horrible idea it is.
Only Phil and what's his name are for it. Phil even suggested UP as another possibility :doh:

What surprises me the most is how chill the West coasters are about this because it'll be part of a whole Marvel land. It's not like it'll be anywhere close to what Universal already did in 1999 from what Spirit has said about it.

I'm glad Marvel is exclusive to Universal in Florida. If only they had Gaurdians too :cry:

Reactions: Mad Dog
I can almost understand DCA changing their ToT for this. Supposedly they are/were planning to build an Avengers ride right next to it that would be a RnR clone. Retheme of ToT could be the start of a Marvel mini-land.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I can almost understand DCA changing their ToT for this. Supposedly they are/were planning to build an Avengers ride right next to it that would be a RnR clone. Retheme of ToT could be the start of a Marvel mini-land.
Not Avengers. Just Captain America. Like I said, not even close to Marvel Superhero Island.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The insiders on Magic are saying the Tower of Terror change is because the Capt. America coaster project was cancelled due to the Shanghai cost over runs. TOT would be a cost effective replacement.

Reactions: Mike S