Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd consider the Chinese Theater to be the icon. It makes sense, considering that's been the original place for Disneys premieres back in the day. And that's also considering the first five Star Wars films premièred there.

The Chinese Theater is famous because its been the place that launched so many great films, not a factious tower, that was based in a mediocre film.
But it's the TOT they're putting on merch...

But it's the TOT they're putting on merch...

And it can be changed. TOT doesn't make sense as a icon, even if the skyline is dwarfed by it.

TOT is also based on a third-party IP, that is in the hands of a dying corporation (Viacom).

If they wanted to get rid of the branding of 'The Twilight Zone'; it can be done extremely simple, in changing the overall story, even with not changing the sets and decor.

And it can be changed. TOT doesn't make sense as a icon, even if the skyline is dwarfed by it.

TOT is also based on a third-party IP, that is in the hands of a dying corporation (Viacom).

If they wanted to get rid of the branding of 'The Twilight Zone'; it can be done extremely simple, in changing the overall story, even with not changing the sets and decor.

Agreed, they can get rid of The Twilight Zone and keep the majority of stuff. They don't need to go to the extreme like they are right now.

Some Disney fans just infuriate me. There's another thread on Magic about Zootopia M&G characters and someone posted some very alarming tweets from "fans." They want Zootopia to take over Splash Mountain. I can't even.........

Reactions: Cheezbat
Tower of terror might be my favorite ride in Disney and one of my favorites in any park. The themeing works fine as it is and considering the ride itself is so good, doesn't need a re theme to drive up ridership. This would be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard for Disney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I'm not going to allow myself to get all angry over this, because it seems to me that there is a good chance that this may not happen at DHS (but who knows?). That said, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is one of the best themed attractions in the industry. It deserves far better than being turned into a clown just because the powers that be feel it's a good idea. For God's sake Disney, have some respect and dignity.

To me, this rumor isn't as crazy as Screamscapes new Marvel rumor in the industrial area of his site.

For now, I'm believing in the GOTG rumor because of two simple reasons..

One, Viacom. Its a corporation thats been deteriorating these past few years; and this can very well make TWDC want to rethink in their stituation.

And two, The Twilight Zone, to agree or disagree; is not as big as it was. Its memorable, but the older it gets, it becomes more dated; to where its almost irrelevant in the public eye. Of-course, it can change if the film reboot if it comes out, is successful but that is a long shot.

Replacing the current IP makes sense but at the cost if GotG is the case, beings a big uproar in possible negative feedback. But that'd be in essance, equivalent exchange and it'd be more profitable in brand name, much more now than ever.

Take it for what you will in my thoughts.

Last edited:
It's the masochism in me. I flail my back with barbed leather straps after reading one of Spirit's or Photo Dave's threads. :lol:

Also missed in the thread was Spirits quip that Uni fans are slowly becoming their own brand of Pixie Dusters but Wand Wavers....thanks for taking the licks Mad Dog, I'll share them with you brother!

As said the author had not released this kind of detailed info in a long while and I'm sure it was a deliberate plant. I put my trust in Martin in that Sunset is doomed. Pretty much Said that Animation Courtyard is longterm Phase 4. I would not put it past then to use RnRC as a Gateway to Super Hero Land...

But ToT, still makes Zero Since! Zero. Stupid! But if Tower Goes you can be sure RnRC is coming with it and a new Land will be born....

Reactions: Mad Dog
Disappointing if true as that is far and away the best ride WDW has IMO. That queue, the uniforms, the theme. It is one of the most immersive experiences in almost any theme park so to see it changed would be devastating.

However, I tend to agree with Alex that the IP isn't going to get any bigger than it has. It's a 20+ year old ride now (which I'm not saying is old) and lets be honest, Disney exec's aren't THAT stupid, they know that ToT is (one of) the most popular rides in the park and they wouldn't be considering this unless they had very good reason.

Hope it's not true.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If Anaheim really is about to pull the trigger on this, I sure as hell hope that all this is giving them pause.

Yes, the common reaction is to coldly look at the execs with a cynical chill but come on. C'man!! A freaking 1930s-age red car trolley passes it for god's sake!