Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

I thought the model and initial renderings were simply an insult to what was there before, but the finished product doesn't look half bad from the outside. I think it will fit in with the Marvel land that is rumored to be built around it.

It looks f'n terrible. Finished project matches the renderings.. absolute garbage. So happy Orlando is staying.

Hate to admit I'm reallllly digging the marketing...

Pretty awesome marketing.

How is getting into an elevator and going up and down a few times going to help save the Guardians?

Your goal is to help rocket save the Guardians by turning off the generator on the top floor. Upon turning all power off your elevator plummets and all the live artifacts get let out of their cells. Thankfully, the emergency power kicks in.

Looks like 1980s Epcot's interpretation of 'the future'.
Um........... no.
tumblr_ma0cjsBMmi1r1pz1eo1_500.jpg

C-rwGnAUIAE0n5m.jpg

Maybe you're thinking of Blade Runner?

Oh please, try a bit harder next time would ya lol? GotG is ugly, get over it, that's my opinion. Hopefully, the ride's storyline (which sounds fun) makes up for the nasty aesthetics. They put all that effort into revitalizing California Adventure and then not even 10 years later they take the tallest thing in the park and booger it up again? What were they smoking? Disney used to care about this kind of stuff.

Oh please, try a bit harder next time would ya lol? GotG is ugly, get over it, that's my opinion. Hopefully, the ride's storyline (which sounds fun) makes up for the nasty aesthetics. They put all that effort into revitalizing California Adventure and then not even 10 years later they take the tallest thing in the park and booger it up again? What were they smoking? Disney used to care about this kind of stuff.
I agree with all that, it just sounded like you were saying EPCOT Center had the same ugly aesthetic.

For some reason it reminds me of The Fifth Element and the Star Wars prequels
SW prequels - definitely! Fifth Element is a little less flashy than this. It does perfectly match the GoG aesthetic. So in that sense they nailed it. Its size and scale, however, cause issues with the sightlines of other attractions.

I just can't "un-see" this as just ToT covered in tacky foil Christmas wrapping. Just looks way overly flashy and obnoxious. I'm willing to forgive all this if the ride is good, but considering its a ride designed out of the shell of another ride, I find this unlikely to "blow away" expectations.

I just can't "un-see" this as just ToT covered in tacky foil Christmas wrapping. Just looks way overly flashy and obnoxious. I'm willing to forgive all this if the ride is good, but considering its a ride designed out of the shell of another ride, I find this unlikely to "blow away" expectations.

Eh, I'd say Frozen Ever After is better than both Maelstrom and Navii River Journey. So not every overhaul is bad. It's just what they choose to work with.

For now. If one tower isn't safe. None of them are.
I think ours is relatively safe. GotG wouldn't fit in Sunset Blvd, and our system is differently from the one in all the other towers. It wouldn't be an easy copy/paste job like it is at the others especially because of the extra areas they'd need to design.