Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Parks blog released a video talking about the scale model. Yep, the model. Doesn't scream desperation at all.

The model looks better than the concept art in my mind. That's a pretty low hurdle to clear though.

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel
You'd think they'd put some gold and bronze pipes on it...missed opportunity

Can we talk about that font from the 80s on the word "Breakout" though

Disney Parks blog released a video talking about the scale model. Yep, the model. Doesn't scream desperation at all.

The model looks better than the concept art in my mind. That's a pretty low hurdle to clear though.

What is this, a ride for ants??!?!!
What-is-this-A-Center-For-Ants-Zoolander.gif

But really. I just can't get over how dumb this is. Why does the collector need a power plant? Why does it look like somebody ate the Transformers building, Waterworld, and the F&F construction walls, and then threw up all over the Tower of Terror?

Now that DCA's ToT is officially closed, let's see what updates there are.

Looks like we got a look at what the CM uniforms are.

Considering the array of patterns and whatnot adorning them, it's clear they're not using the KISS method for them.

They also were quick to put up a sign for the attraction.

Just like the uniforms, they clearly didn't use the KISS method here either. While it took me longer then it should on what angle they're going at here (This is a advertisement for the Collectors Museum with the Guardians being the newest exhibit, and the ad is defaced.), there's still several questions here.

First off, shouldn't "Mission:" be spray painted as well? Since I highly doubt the Collector would be advertising this as
"Guardians of the Galaxy
Mission:"

Second, if all the Guardians are locked up at the moment, who the heck defaced the sign?

An' then there's the biggest question of the all...

Why do they think this is something to take park photos of?

Reactions: tankart150
It's funny, it's been almost half a year since they announced TOT was closing.

Normally I warm up to things, come to appreciate change, and move on.

But this... this still feels very wrong and... for lack of a better term, just a really bad idea.

But this... this still feels very wrong and... for lack of a better term, just a really bad idea.
Agreed. I can't get behind this at all. Not only does it feel wrong, it ruins the theming along the trolley route.

Agreed. I can't get behind this at all. Not only does it feel wrong, it ruins the theming along the trolley route.

Same here, I feel the same about this as I did, and still do, about the Frozen ride in WS, Some things just should be let be.

Thing is I think we all need to get used to these crazy decisions as it seems to be the way the WDWC wants to move things forward these days, to hell with theme and placement just build it already, shame.

You know, at least Jimmy Fallon fits into the overall theme of New York...Even though it is clearly an act of synergy...

I'm just glad WDW still has its ToT...hopefully forever

Same here, I feel the same about this as I did, and still do, about the Frozen ride in WS, Some things just should be let be.

Thing is I think we all need to get used to these crazy decisions as it seems to be the way the WDWC wants to move things forward these days, to hell with theme and placement just build it already, shame.

I think this along with Frozen shows a complete lack of confidence in the idea. They're cutting corners by reusing the building and ride system. I get the impression if they had a truly get and inspired attraction, it would be built from the ground up, not compromised to work around an already existing ride.