Guest Brings Gun to Animal Kingdom | Inside Universal Forums

Guest Brings Gun to Animal Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
He had a CC license, but still needed to declare it to Disney security, who likely would have asked him to leave it in his car. At least its obvious he's not a nut who wanted to do something stupid, but why you would carry at WDW. The signage is a little...non existent, but I would expect people with a CC license to be smart enough to ask/declare it if they're well-intentioned.

I agree with others, why carry in Disney? I mean with all those kids around, what if a child had found the gun and fired it? Just stupid.

So much for that baggage check security...

Oh come on, this is a joke in all parks. They check baggage, but not your stroller very well or your pockets. Prior to kids I would just give my hubby all the stuff to carry into the park in his cargo shorts, his pants pockets were bulging going into Uni to hide all the water :)

I'm not sure about all Six Flags parks but Six Flags Great America has metal detectors and very much needs them. Though I'm not in favor of Disney having metal detectors, I'm still ok with the bag check areas just need to be more thorough.

This is another instance of where are our priorities in life do not make a damn bit of sense! You can bring a loaded fire arm with hollow point rounds into a family oriented area like Disney. Then lose the loaded gun making it accessible to children who could of hurt or even killed themselves or someone else within seconds of finding it. Then go back to find your gun, display a piece of paper that anyone can get saying I'm "intelligent" enough to carry this fire arm in a concealed method into massive crowds. Then not only get your firearm back, keep your license, and not face any charges!? On top of that only be slapped on the wrist and asked to leave for the day and not TRESPASSED!!!

Meanwhile people get trespassed for taking construction photos on guest mid ways, wearing shirts with profanity, walking behind the scenes of abandoned buildings for life!! This guy brought a loaded firearm into a themepark and lost the thing! Someone wasn't going to offended or misguided by this, someone was going to get seriously hurt or killed if this turned south. This was so close to being a tragedy it's not acceptable. It's not funny, it's not tolerable, and it should of resulted in disciplinary action from Disney, the Orange County Sheriffs Office, and the US Government. He should of been trespassed for life, fined if not arrested for negligence, and his concealed permit revoked.

I am a firm believer in the right to bear arms but this country needs to do a better job at controlling who has this right. Bringing a loaded firearm into an environment with thousands of little children is the definition of negligence and he should of been made an example of. Some of this may seem harsh to some but god forbid this happens again. It won't seem so harsh then when someone's child shot and killed himself by accidental discharge on a family vacation. I'm disgusted at how this was handled by Disney, I'm disgusted you can be banned for the other things I listed but not this. You can bet I will be mailing in my thoughts to Disney today!

Done

Reactions: Frogki
What is really horrid about this is that now everyone knows that it is quite simple to carry a handgun or guns into any WDW park. Those with angry intentions may now act on such information.

This is another instance of where are our priorities in life do not make a damn bit of sense! You can bring a loaded fire arm with hollow point rounds into a family oriented area like Disney. Then lose the loaded gun making it accessible to children who could of hurt or even killed themselves or someone else within seconds of finding it. Then go back to find your gun, display a piece of paper that anyone can get saying I'm "intelligent" enough to carry this fire arm in a concealed method into massive crowds. Then not only get your firearm back, keep your license, and not face any charges!? On top of that only be slapped on the wrist and asked to leave for the day and not TRESPASSED!!!

Meanwhile people get trespassed for taking construction photos on guest mid ways, wearing shirts with profanity, walking behind the scenes of abandoned buildings for life!! This guy brought a loaded firearm into a themepark and lost the thing! Someone wasn't going to offended or misguided by this, someone was going to get seriously hurt or killed if this turned south. This was so close to being a tragedy it's not acceptable. It's not funny, it's not tolerable, and it should of resulted in disciplinary action from Disney, the Orange County Sheriffs Office, and the US Government. He should of been trespassed for life, fined if not arrested for negligence, and his concealed permit revoked.

I am a firm believer in the right to bear arms but this country needs to do a better job at controlling who has this right. Bringing a loaded firearm into an environment with thousands of little children is the definition of negligence and he should of been made an example of. Some of this may seem harsh to some but god forbid this happens again. It won't seem so harsh then when someone's child shot and killed himself by accidental discharge on a family vacation. I'm disgusted at how this was handled by Disney, I'm disgusted you can be banned for the other things I listed but not this. You can bet I will be mailing in my thoughts to Disney today!

Done

I agree completely. I am waiting for the day when we hear about some awful thing happening in one of these parks due to the stupidity of people. The gun could have gone off on accident while riding on this ride as well.

What I don't understand is how Disney didn't detect the firearm as he was entering the park. I thought they had all sorts of hidden surveillance techniques to detect that sort of thing, more than just the bag check.

I know this may offend a fair few Americans but something really needs to be changed about gun laws in the states. It is a complete joke that nothing is being done considering all the news these days which report school shoot-outs, etc. The people who argue it's their 'right to posses a gun,' why do you really need a firearm which has no real purpose apart from to kill?!? And to the people who complain it will change nothing, people will still obtain guns. Well look at drugs yes there's a black market for it but its not readily available to everyone. It would certainly change things, not saying there won't be gun crime but seriously compare gun-crime rates to the UK there is a massive difference and I think the reason is obvious.

Done

I completely agree with this. How can the man say he did not know? How did security not catch this? This was very close to being a horrible tragedy (specially on such a bumpy ride).

You know what would really screw up My Disney Experience? Getting shot in the face. They should take those some of those millions used to collect kiddie data and put it towards checking for armed weapons coming into the parks.

I don't think this is Disney's fault, honestly. But if people are really this stupid, then I guess they have to do what they have to do.

Oh come on, this is a joke in all parks. They check baggage, but not your stroller very well or your pockets. Prior to kids I would just give my hubby all the stuff to carry into the park in his cargo shorts, his pants pockets were bulging going into Uni to hide all the water :)
I was kidding more than anything. I know it's a joke most of the time. Most of the time they barely check, but when i've gone through with a backpack, i've been thoroughly searched. Either way, the baggage check security is more just to make people feel safe, it's very easy t sneak something in if anyone wanted.

I know this may offend a fair few Americans but something really needs to be changed about gun laws in the states. It is a complete joke that nothing is being done considering all the news these days which report school shoot-outs, etc. The people who argue it's their 'right to posses a gun,' why do you really need a firearm which has no real purpose apart from to kill?!? And to the people who complain it will change nothing, people will still obtain guns. Well look at drugs yes there's a black market for it but its not readily available to everyone. It would certainly change things, not saying there won't be gun crime but seriously compare gun-crime rates to the UK there is a massive difference and I think the reason is obvious.

What are the gun laws over there? And how often do you hear of gun related crime in the UK? Im not familiar at all with the laws over there but have always been curious.

Heres something pretty scary. Here in the city I work in, they installed a gunshot recognition system in local neighborhoods because the gun violence is really bad. Pretty much sensors scattered around the city that can pinpoint the location of a gun shot as it happen. Pretty scary knowing im so close to all that, luckily we are in an industrial area sort of away from that area.

[video=youtube_share;4jAQd53bQBQ]http://youtu.be/4jAQd53bQBQ[/video]

You know what would really screw up My Disney Experience? Getting shot in the face. They should take those some of those millions used to collect kiddie data and put it towards checking for armed weapons coming into the parks.

I don't think this is Disney's fault, honestly. But if people are really this stupid, then I guess they have to do what they have to do.

I do think it was Disney's fault for not taking harsher actions on this person. Of course I could say the same about the police. That person put people's lives in danger when he went into that park with a gun and didn't secure it properly. Just stupid, why would you ever need a gun in any theme park is beyond me.

There's a few acts on wikipedia which you can read through (british gun laws are complicated), any actual firearm (apart from airsoft's) pretty much needs a license which have strict procedures to gain one. The law is completely different when it comes to self-defence as well, for example a farmer shoot a burglar and got sentenced for manslaughter, where as I think it's different in the states. Just because it's seen as excessive force.