Guest Brings Gun to Animal Kingdom | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Guest Brings Gun to Animal Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
you can come back to the park! just leave the gun in one of our fabulous hotel rooms for the maid staff to find.

I do hope that this leads to stricter and tighter bag checks. Even if this does lead to metal detectors and patdowns at the bag check area. I read the article in the Orlando Sentinel and I have to write that this happens way more than any of the parks will ever admit to. It wasn't just that he had a simple handgun with him...he had a .380 caliber cobra loaded with 5 hollow point bullets. When is that ever acceptable. Yeah..blah, blah, blah he has a CW permit...who cares? It doesn't allow him to be an absolute moron. When people are getting trespassed from parks for comitting acts that are way less serious than this then there is a huge problem. Luckily a grandmother found the gun and not some little wanna be "gangster"..or even worse the gun had accidentally fired.

OMG. The article sounds like he was actually riding on Dinosaur, with this loaded .38 caliber pistol with hollow point bullets in his back pocket! Sitting on the loaded gun during the ride! Very lucky the grandmother ended up finding it instead of her grandson. And very lucky the gun didn't fire during the ride. I usually don't call people idiots, but this takes the cake.

So much for that baggage check security...

that i found to be 50/50 i had a full bag of camera gear let through without question then a day later at the same had to explain in great detail to a guard what each lens did and what my intentions were for each

but this whole thing sorry he may have been licensed to carry but what in the blue possessed him to think he would need it at a disney theme park

Last edited:
I know this may offend a fair few Americans but something really needs to be changed about gun laws in the states. It is a complete joke that nothing is being done considering all the news these days which report school shoot-outs, etc. The people who argue it's their 'right to posses a gun,' why do you really need a firearm which has no real purpose apart from to kill?!? And to the people who complain it will change nothing, people will still obtain guns. Well look at drugs yes there's a black market for it but its not readily available to everyone. It would certainly change things, not saying there won't be gun crime but seriously compare gun-crime rates to the UK there is a massive difference and I think the reason is obvious.

Don't you live in Northern Ireland ?? You don't have any violence there right. The guns were taken away from the people of Ireland for what reason? thier own safety

Infringements on the rights of the Irish can be traced back to the centuries of rule of Ireland by Great Britain. For eight centuries the Irish people never consented to English rule, and they repeatedly attempted to regain their independence by force of arms.

Beginning in the late 17th century, the rule of the British, and of those Irish Protestants who allied with the British, was consolidated by the “Laws in Ireland for the Suppression of Popery,” which were commonly called the “Penal Laws.” A 1695 statute, titled “An Act for the better securing the government, by disarming papists,” forbade arms and ammunition possession by Catholics.

Further, “No person making fire-arms, swords, knives or other weapons shall take or instruct as an apprentice any person of the popish religion.” Informers who told the government about Catholics with arms would get half the fine as a personal reward. Any judge who even once refused to enforce the arms ban would lose office. A 1739 statute mandated that law enforcement officials conduct annual searches for arms possessed by Catholics in their jurisdiction.

In 1920, the British government imposed a similar system on Great Britain itself, again because of political concerns, although the government deliberately lied to the public and falsely claimed that there was a tremendous wave of gun crime.

It's pretty chilling to think what could have happened because of this moron, especially when we we were at AK on Sunday.

I'm like many of you, I support the Constitutional right to own a firearm (though I personally choose to not exercise that right). That being said, this right is dependent on citizens safely and reasonably owning these weapons, and clearly this guy is not a responsible gun owner. At the very least, his concealed permit should be yanked.

Will be interested to see how Disney and other parks respond to this.

I have a CC permit W/ Reciprocal rights in Florida (I live in another state bordering Fla)
I leave my gun locked in car w/gun lock on it when in the park .
Lock it in room Safe on days when I have already checked in.
But when driving @ night in Orlando or sleeping in my room it is nearby
(motel type 1st floor anyone can walk up to door)
Try to barge into my room in the middle of the night and you will get to see it.
To those of you who do not like guns and the fact we are allowed to carry them in US
See the example of the british soldier who was attacked with a cleaver.
If he was armed (or a spectator) he might be alive now.

This guy broke a rule.Not a law.Should he have been reprimanded harder by Disney.
I would say yes. but it is a judgement call.
Plus Disney might have wanted to stay away from the politics of gun control (that this thread is now)
I also have a leatherman multi tool on my belt W/2 blades I have carried it into park
openly on my belt.In plain sight.Never been asked not to take it in.
Six Flags made me take back to car (long walk)

P.S. You can't CC into a bar or somewhere serving alcohol .So if he was carrying into Universal
He might have been breaking the law.

Last edited:
I know this may offend a fair few Americans but something really needs to be changed about gun laws in the states. It is a complete joke that nothing is being done considering all the news these days which report school shoot-outs, etc. The people who argue it's their 'right to posses a gun,' why do you really need a firearm which has no real purpose apart from to kill?!? And to the people who complain it will change nothing, people will still obtain guns. Well look at drugs yes there's a black market for it but its not readily available to everyone. It would certainly change things, not saying there won't be gun crime but seriously compare gun-crime rates to the UK there is a massive difference and I think the reason is obvious.

This guy should be banned for a year imo.

Honestly, I feel like the reason we need firearms is to protect us from the government, but that's just me.

I have a CC permit W/ Reciprocal rights in Florida (I live in another state bordering Fla)
I leave my gun locked in car w/gun lock on it when in the park .
Lock it in room Safe on days when I have already checked in.
But when driving @ night in Orlando or sleeping in my room it is nearby
(motel type 1st floor anyone can walk up to door)
Try to barge into my room in the middle of the night and you will get to see it.
To those of you who do not like guns and the fact we are allowed to carry them in US
See the example of the british soldier who was attacked with a cleaver.
If he was armed (or a spectator) he might be alive now.

This guy broke a rule.Not a law.Should he have been reprimanded harder by Disney.
I would say yes. but it is a judgement call.
Plus Disney might have wanted to stay away from the politics of gun control (that this thread is now)
I also have a leatherman multi tool on my belt W/2 blades I have carried it into park
openly on my belt.In plain sight.Never been asked not to take it in.
Six Flags made me take back to car (long walk)

P.S. You can't CC into a bar or somewhere serving alcohol .So if he was carrying into Universal
He might have been breaking the law.

While some members may not like gun laws here, I've seen quite a few who, like myself, have no problem with the second amendment. However, there's a problem when people think that right extends to putting a bunch of people in danger on a private property. Seriously, Disney knows that this could have been very bad. Imagine if some nut had actually gotten a hold of that gun. Or a kid. Or if it had gone off accidentally. This guy should be banned from the parks for at least a year. Not punishing him shows that it's okay to be negligent and bring a dangerous weapon into the theme parks.

AK serves Alcohol. Only park that doesn't is MK.

With Be Our Guest, that is technically not true anymore.

That being said. I condone and support our right to have a firearm of any kind. If you want to carry it in the park(although private property can make their own rules and we know what their answer would be.)

Thousands bring potential harmful weapons in every day. But to date there has never been an incident. Most people are moral and responsible. This person made a mistake. Besides a fine to be a heavy reminder to avoid such carelessness ever again (which is the only thing I can think to do since it is comparable to a wreckless neglagint behavior of a driver putting other people at risk)...I can't think of what else could be done.

How do you forget that you have a loaded gun in your back pocket? Either this guy is lying and brought it in on purpose or he's a complete moron. This is the reason why the responsible people with the right to bear arms are now having that right ripped away because idiots like this can't handle it. It's common sense, don't bring a gun into a place that is filled with small children. Disney should be taking action and at least banning him from their parks for the simple fact that this had the potential to do some serious harm.

Don't you live in Northern Ireland ?? You don't have any violence there right. The guns were taken away from the people of Ireland for what reason? thier own safety

Infringements on the rights of the Irish can be traced back to the centuries of rule of Ireland by Great Britain. For eight centuries the Irish people never consented to English rule, and they repeatedly attempted to regain their independence by force of arms.

Beginning in the late 17th century, the rule of the British, and of those Irish Protestants who allied with the British, was consolidated by the “Laws in Ireland for the Suppression of Popery,” which were commonly called the “Penal Laws.” A 1695 statute, titled “An Act for the better securing the government, by disarming papists,” forbade arms and ammunition possession by Catholics.

Further, “No person making fire-arms, swords, knives or other weapons shall take or instruct as an apprentice any person of the popish religion.” Informers who told the government about Catholics with arms would get half the fine as a personal reward. Any judge who even once refused to enforce the arms ban would lose office. A 1739 statute mandated that law enforcement officials conduct annual searches for arms possessed by Catholics in their jurisdiction.

In 1920, the British government imposed a similar system on Great Britain itself, again because of political concerns, although the government deliberately lied to the public and falsely claimed that there was a tremendous wave of gun crime.

I am actually talking about the UK as a whole, I am English and have lived in NI for the past year due to it being my fiance's home. Yes Northern Ireland is violent but it is still basically in a civil war very different from the states. And I dislike the violence in comparison to living in England.