Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has.
Me too, 14 inversions on The Smiler and my phone falls out onto the train floor on the final brake run, I could not believe my luck.

Always keep it in a zip pocket since.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach is a whole different ball game, clinging onto our bags for dear life whilst going round the Revolution :p

Reactions: JoeCamel
Never lost anything from my pockets but then I wear cargo shorts lol. Did nearly have a heart attack on mako though as my GoPro (on a wrist mount) started spinning like crazy and I thought I was going to lose it lol. Worse I’ve seen was a girl on the row in front of me on Montu holding her phone in selfie mode all the way around. I couldn’t take my eyes off the phone as i envisaged it flying towards my face.

Reactions: Coasted
Hey guys, this is Russ from the old OrlandoRocks site, I rarely post, but thought I would share something interesting. One day years back I was on the Hulk, with my hands up. Something hit my hands and I instinctively grabbed it, when we got to the station, I realized that is was a guys glasses from a few rows in front of me, he was very grateful. Also one day back in 2000, I got all the way to my car and realized I was missing my car key. It was one of those elecronic keys for my then Lincoln. I though about it for a minute and though maybe I lost them on the hulk. I went back, had a heck of of time talking my way in the then closed park, but sure enough I did and the found the keys in the bottom of the loading bay. The key was bent though, so apparently it had a rough ride. True Story!

I see objects flying from roller coasters all the time at Six Flags. In recent memory, the boy next to me losing his eyeglasses on Nitro, a map almost hitting me on El Toro, and watching an iPod touch projectile off of Toro at 50+ mph toward the full queue before (luckily) crashing into a wooden support and landing about 4 inches from the people waiting in line. Can confirm that iPod touch never turned on again.

Also, never underestimate a coaster because of it's height. The only ride my dad almost lost his phone on was Runaway Mine Train. It's all about the physics.

Nowadays, I slip one of those super slim athletic fanny packs under my shirt and never worry about it. Fits my phone, debit card, and season pass in the small of my back. Best $8 I spent on amazon.

Nowadays, I slip one of those super slim athletic fanny packs under my shirt and never worry about it. Fits my phone, debit card, and season pass in the small of my back. Best $8 I spent on amazon.

I’ve been real tempted to get one of these so I don’t have to worry about my stuff falling out! To be fair, pockets on women’s shorts are ridiculously small, so I have to carry something!

Reactions: Coasted
This past trip to Six Flags over Texas I had two girls filming New Texas Giant using their iPhones in front of me. I held up my arm the whole time. I wish they had mandatory lockers at that point.

Anyway guys, back on topic please. We've had this detour for a bit. :)

The knife was the reason they started the metal detectors.

Same reason why some guests thing they should be able to bring guns into parks: gives themselves agency in perceived safety.

*NO I DO NOT WANT THIS THREAD TO GO OFF TOPIC*

Plus, a gun is too expensive to risk losing and I wouldn't want the thing to somehow go off and shoot me in the butt.

Still, stupidity knows no bounds. Like the people who go into the coaster's area while it is running and lose their life. Honestly, I don't know if people are becoming more stupid or if we just are notified of stupidity more frequently. Who would think about getting off of a ride like MIB mid-course? At Kings Island, the primary fatalities occurred when people were drunk as skunks (although, I don't know how many skunks actually drink). They did something to sidestep safety and paid the ultimate price.

A couple minor notes:

1. Pretty sure the ride will take place at the edge of the castle grounds and in the Forbidden Forest.

2. We had the ride path direction backwards.

That is all.

I can’t find the original layout somebody had made but would that mean that the coaster would finish at the side where the queue will be?

Yes. Start out of Fire station, end in Ice's.
A couple minor notes:

1. Pretty sure the ride will take place at the edge of the castle grounds and in the Forbidden Forest.

2. We had the ride path direction backwards.

That is all.
aed.gif

Dumb question to ask: I feel like you couldn't really hear DC from within Hogsmeade (which seems unusual, especially considering the Hulk is quite loud). Are there any noise concerns with the new coaster?

I actually thought that Universal was moving away from coasters because they're too loud and Universal has to deal with neighbors

Dumb question to ask: I feel like you couldn't really hear DC from within Hogsmeade (which seems unusual, especially considering the Hulk is quite loud). Are there any noise concerns with the new coaster?

I actually thought that Universal was moving away from coasters because they're too loud and Universal has to deal with neighbors
You could hear... the screams! Oh the screams were loud. That will be the case again I feel (but to a much lesser extent.) The coaster itself, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.