Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just really hoping for a Dinosaur type ride with a coaster track and based on Forbidden Forest.
Thats exactly what i've been thinking since these rumors started. I feel like Dinosaur doesn't get the credit it deserves. Ride vehicle could be a thestral carriage. Of course seeing a thestral in the woods would also be pretty cool. If we are even allowed to see them in this world...

Ridiculously excited for Potter construction updates again! :clap:

I honestly don't mind what the outcome of the attraction/area is - I'll be happy with anything Potter. However, I can see that Arthur style ride translating very well into the wizarding world and would be very excited for something along those lines. Coasters like DC get me a bit headache-y and I won't be missing it terribly.

Next trip to Orlando from Australia = end of 2019. Time to start saving!!

I'm getting sooo excited for this project. It's gonna move fast after DC closes. Like almost Transformers fast.

After the issues with Gringotts, Kong, and Volcano Bay, I'm actually not looking forward to this timeline.

Reactions: Joel
I'm thinking now it's the Project 942 that permits have been popping up for.

If that's the case, that'd make sense. But where exactly are those kerosene tanks mentioned in the permit filing that would be relocated? Would that be potentially talking about the gas station right next to the coaster, or what? I don't particularly understand that.

Man I want to know what this ride will be.

Universal usually announces an attractions replacement pretty quickly but any details can take a while. Here's a timeline for Diagon:

December 2, 2011: Universal announce Jaws closure
December 6, 2011: Universal announce a HP expansion is coming
January 2, 2012: Jaws closes
January 25, 2012: Universal announce HP will replace Jaws and that the HE will connect the two lands
May 8, 2013: Universal announce that the expansion will be based on Diagon Alley and should open in 2014
January 23, 2014: Universal announce the name of the main attraction (Gringotts)
June 18, 2014: Diagon media peviews
July 1, 2014: HE soft opens
July 3, 2014: Diagon soft opens
July 8, 2014: Diagon officially opens

You can take from this what you want but I can see Universal aiming for a summer 2019 opening date if they turbo on.

For the track demolition, here's a timeline for Hulk.

August 14: Closure announced
September 8: Ride closes
November 5: Track fully removed (Not including footers, launch tunnel or station)
August 4: Reopens

It will be interesting to see if Universal go down the same route with Hulk and just trash the ride or if they'd be interested in selling it as it's probably in better shape than Hulk was.

Do Universal need the money or the hassle of safely demolishing this ride to sell on or do they just bring the heavy equipment in and get going?

August 14: Closure announced
September 8: Ride closes
November 5: Track fully removed (Not including footers, launch tunnel or station)

It will be interesting to see if Universal go down the same route with Hulk and just trash the ride or if they'd be interested in selling it as it's probably in better shape than Hulk was.

Do Universal need the money or the hassle of safely demolishing this ride to sell on or do they just bring the heavy equipment in and get going?

I would have to think, with the coaster's being very different in a way that they aren't easily able to be sold off, they would just bring the heavy equipment and tear everything down...after they fill up that lake with dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.