Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was the maintenance area/building for the former coasters?
I thought they would have been in the enormous queue building but they are clearly building a new one...

Where was the maintenance area/building for the former coasters?
I thought they would have been in the enormous queue building but they are clearly building a new one...

It was basically in the location of where you see the most recent straight track laid. You could look to your left and see it as you started up the DC lift.

Reactions: tielo
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here are some quick pics I just took with my phone, I’ll upload the higher quality ones from my camera when I get home. You can vaguely make out the track in these two.

What is the new structure at the end of the Hogwarts train station?

Dc9IzDyVMAAfUAF

It might be some sort of power house for the launches or something?

That or for outdoor effects, yea

Yea, one of the several ride control buildings. They’ll have power supply for effects as well as fire control in case of emergency for the firefighters. Boring stuff. They’ll be hidden by themed elements and foliage later.

Reactions: gabe3235
They’re still stripping its outside. We won’t see new brick and rockwork until the track is installed around it. Also, I believe the new queue building additions/scenic work are being permitted separately so they’re only demo’ing it currently.

I know that’s always the way it goes in the list of things to be done but it does seem a little weird doesn’t it? Like the track could get damaged and it restricts movements for heavy lifting.

Remember that these zoomed pictures make objects appear closer together than they actually are.

There’s obviously gaps to manoeuvre but for working on the station and queue building exterior, the track does seem to cuddle around it pretty closely with a lot of work to be done.

Maintenance bay looks like it could be 5-6 tracks wide, so I'd guess this will have a whole fleet of trains with 4 or more in operation at once.
The site also looks long enough that each track could accommodate multiple trains.

As a high end estimate, it looks like 5 maintenance tracks with 2 trains per track might be possible, which could mean 9 trains running at once.

My guess is that the actual number of trains is a couple less than that though.

Reactions: Alicia
The site also looks long enough that each track could accommodate multiple trains.

As a high end estimate, it looks like 5 maintenance tracks with 2 trains per track might be possible, which could mean 9 trains running at once.

My guess is that the actual number of trains is a couple less than that though.
But they probably also need space for a transfer track which is the length of one train or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.