Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time to wonder how they will theme that drop-track show building... will it be an ancient ruined castle or a massive rock outcrop... fun fun fun to wonder.

How well themed does it need to be? You're going into it backwards and you're launching out of there with what seems like the fastest launch of the whole coaster.

I'm thinking since we are already in the forest, a Huge old tree could work too.

:lol: I don't know why I found this so hilarious.

I think the concern is how visible the framing is from Hogsmeade
It is pretty far back. That shot was taken with a zoom. Several rows of trees in closer proximity to Hogsmeade should block that building, along with much of the second half of the attraction.

Not that the structure won't be themed, just that it shouldn't be too visible from the village anyway.

You're going into it backwards and you're launching out of there with what seems like the fastest launch of the whole coaster.
If you’ve seen that thing in person it’s huge, and very visible to guests. It should be themed for the purpose of it not looking out of place in the ride. A huge unthemed show building in a pool of trees will not look good.

If I had to guess the entrance to this attraction and the earlier part of the track we see will be some of the most densely populated areas with trees and forest facade. I doubt we'll be able to see that deep into the attraction grounds

Reactions: Magic-Man
It is time to wonder how they will theme that drop-track show building... will it be an ancient ruined castle or a massive rock outcrop... fun fun fun to wonder.
I first thought it would be the squeaking shack but Alicia is very persistent in saying it is not and Jim Hill didn't mention it either so it probably isn't that.
Then I thought you would go up Fluffy's butt, but that dog is going somewhere else so that was also wrong.
Looking at the London exhibit the entrance could look like this (I'm going for the tree/cave thing in the back) and then multiple tree trunks clustered so make it look dense.:
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27 and LJGonz
Put in my earbuds and listened to the new Disney Dish yesterday and immediately ran over her to check if Alicia was okay considering just how bad Jim made it sound, thankfully it was all for naught. You have to remember that, despite Jim's new Universal Joint podcast, he really is far more of a Disney insider and more or less fudges the Uni stuff (obvious seeing as they got all their info literally from Alicia's vid), doing his usual embellishments. I do think that people are a bit too cantankerous/salty when it comes to him since he does tend to, again, embellish for entertainment but I would say a good chunk of what he says about Disney is fairly on the money especially since Len Testa can back him up many times. Glad to hear it ended well, though.

And hell, this might just become public knowledge soon enough if Uni countermeasures like we predict it will.

More likely they UOR goes public soon do feed off TSL opening/soft opening news.

Does Uni have like a D23 type event where they will maybe talk about the plans for the newly acquired land? As well as this, the lagoon show, the JP expansion and the rumored Bourne show? I know Universal usually doesn't announce as early or as much as Dis Parks do.

Does Uni have like a D23 type event where they will maybe talk about the plans for the newly acquired land? As well as this, the lagoon show, the JP expansion and the rumored Bourne show? I know Universal usually doesn't announce as early or as much as Dis Parks do.

They haven’t really held a press event to announce new projects since CityWalk 2.0 announcement. There really is no need as D23 isn’t a theme park event it’s a cultural convention.

Reactions: shiekra38
Nope, theme park information is distributed for free, no paywall, whenever Universal feels to share it. Next moment will probably (and for no apparent reason) coincide when Disney opens Toy Story land for the press.

They should get it on the biz. The parks are becoming more culturally relevant especially with Nintendo that they could up the hype machine a bit. People eat that up .

They should get it on the biz. The parks are becoming more culturally relevant especially with Nintendo that they could up the hype machine a bit. People eat that up .
I dunno. The more you cater to a fan base, the more of an animal it becomes, until you can't control it. (Star Wars fans come to mind nowadays.) They even had to scale back the AP social media group because it was getting a bit unruly/cult like.

Let Disney do that. Universal is good as it is now (still in control of their own narrative.)

I dunno. The more you cater to a fan base, the more of an animal it becomes, until you can't control it. (Star Wars fans come to mind nowadays.) They even had to scale back the AP social media group because it was getting a bit unruly/cult like.

Let Disney do that. Universal is good as it is now (still in control of their own narrative.)

That's a pretty good argument against. Fanbases these days can be really OOC especially something people are super passionate about like Potter or Nintendo... could potentially get ugly if they feel they've been done wrong ever.

Then I thought you would go up Fluffy's butt, but that dog is going somewhere else so that was also wrong.
That would be interesting. lol

I have a friend and we're always naming off ways that universal rides would be ridiculous.
Examples: Hoping that MoM ride is the Knight's bus ride with the Kong ride vehicle and that JP ride is a bus ride through Jurassic world with the Kong ride vehicle. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.