Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IOA has a very nice coaster collection now. Many people afraid of coasters ca
I think max 50mph is a good bet. Anyone?? Only reaching max speed at the last launch.

I think the final launch will be at around 40-45mph. However, the close proximity of trees and theming elements such as rockwork will make it seem like you are going a lot faster.

This is not going to happen, but I wish this coaster would take hulk's old roar and mash up with hagrid's motorcycle. I Would love it!

Reactions: Joel
I like how the dragons existed for a long time without being an eyesore, but as soon as HP stuff shows up terrible opinions start showing up.

Harry Potter has brought out the best and worst of the fan community.
Sightlines are not more important than the actual rides themselves.

Not saying I think the new ride will be worse than DD or DC, but stating it as fact just because you cried about roller coasters in hogsmeade doesn't make your opinion fact.

Harry Potter has brought out the best and worst of the fan community.
Sightlines are not more important than the actual rides themselves.

Not saying I think the new ride will be worse than DD or DC, but stating it as fact just because you cried about roller coasters in hogsmeade doesn't make your opinion fact.
Exactly.
I can understand the need for sightlines keeping individual islands from spilling over into the others(something Uni doesn't quite get yet), but at the end of the day it's still an amusement park. There's no such thing as 100% immersion. Not gonna happen ever, so people should wake up from that pipe dream.

If rumors are true and they are building a "more thrilling" coaster in Jurassic Park, I'll be much more content with the removal of DD.

I don't consider roller coasters an eyesore
Dueling Dragons was extremely well themed for a roller coaster.
Conclusion - We won't know poop until we ride it. So check yourself.
You seem confused. This is what a themed roller coaster looks like.
IMG_3570.jpg

While this ride won’t be on a mountain this seems to be the standard they’re shooting for with everything we’ve heard about it. Dragon Challenge had theming in the queue and that’s it, just like every other lazily themed coaster where the designers think simply giving it a name is good enough.
I like how the dragons existed for a long time without being an eyesore, but as soon as HP stuff shows up terrible opinions start showing up.
Because Harry Potter showed what they were really capable of and I wanted to see that standard applied to the rest of the parks. And yes, it was an eyesore on Hogsmeade. I’ve had this opinion since opening day.
Exactly.
I can understand the need for sightlines keeping individual islands from spilling over into the others(something Uni doesn't quite get yet), but at the end of the day it's still an amusement park. There's no such thing as 100% immersion. Not gonna happen ever, so people should wake up from that pipe dream.
Not a good excuse to never try though. At the end of the day Universal seems to have agreed with my stance on Dragon Challenge so there we go :cheers:

Btw, Six Flags is an amusement park. Universal runs theme parks. Higher standard.

surrounding a Roller Coaster with a Giant Castle queue , and theming the cars to look like dragons. Seems pretty themed to me. Considering it was a floorless coaster, the Dueling element which was later removed could be considered theming as well.

We will just have to agree to disagree here.

My whole point is, don't automatically assume this will be a superior ride just because you dislike seeing coasters when you enter fantasy land.

And spoiler alert, you will likely still see plenty of coaster tracks.

surrounding a Roller Coaster with a Giant Castle queue , and theming the cars to look like dragons. Seems pretty themed to me. Considering it was a floorless coaster, the Dueling element which was later removed could be considered theming as well.

We will just have to agree to disagree here.

My whole point is, don't automatically assume this will be a superior ride just because you dislike seeing coasters when you enter fantasy land.

And spoiler alert, you will likely still see plenty of coaster tracks.

I would like to point out, that I didn't know they had the car's like this.

734110_orig.jpg

;)

You seem confused. This is what a themed roller coaster looks like.
IMG_3570.jpg

While this ride won’t be on a mountain this seems to be the standard they’re shooting for with everything we’ve heard about it. Dragon Challenge had theming in the queue and that’s it, just like every other lazily themed coaster where the designers think simply giving it a name is good enough.

Because Harry Potter showed what they were really capable of and I wanted to see that standard applied to the rest of the parks. And yes, it was an eyesore on Hogsmeade. I’ve had this opinion since opening day.

Not a good excuse to never try though. At the end of the day Universal seems to have agreed with my stance on Dragon Challenge so there we go :cheers:

Btw, Six Flags is an amusement park. Universal runs theme parks. Higher standard.

Allow me, to drop something honest and truthfully.

Disney, is not the End-All, Be-All. There are plenty of other places that have more modern examples of how to properly theme coasters.

Check ye'self, Mike on expectations.

Why can I see exit signs inside the FJ ride itself? An outrage and an eyesore, if I do say so.

There is no standard for immersion.
And the parks haven't had a cohesive 'theme' in over a decade. They're just two parks with IPs nonsensically strung together.

DD died when they took the dueling out, so a replacement was necessary, but to say that it was an eyesore puts Mike in an extreme minority. Hulk's an eyesore too I suppose? Hippogriff?

Allow me, to drop something honest and truthfully.

Disney, is not the End-All, Be-All. There are plenty of other places that have more modern examples of how to properly theme coasters.

Check ye'self, Mike on expectations.

Phantasialand and Alton Towers are good examples of awesome theming on roller coasters. Hell, even Verbolten, Cobra’s Curse, Manta, and Maverick have surprisingly good theming.

I’d even argue that some of Disney’s coasters are worse than others across the world (again, Phantasialand).

Status
Not open for further replies.