Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or how much everyone will complain it’s not exactly what they have hyped up in their head. :lol:

Admittedly I know a lot of you guys on here think I'm a big complainer, but I actually think this one might be a home run. Even if they stuffed it full of trees with minimal themed props I still think it's different enough from the rest of Orlando's attractions to make it unique and must see.

My wish list is running water features (creeks/falls/fountains), lots of rock work, heavy foliage, and an on board cinematic soundtrack that syncs with the ride vehicle.

Admittedly I know a lot of you guys on here think I'm a big complainer, but I actually think this one might be a home run. Even if they stuffed it full of trees with minimal themed props I still think it's different enough from the rest of Orlando's attractions to make it unique and must see.

My wish list is running water features (creeks/falls/fountains), lots of rock work, heavy foliage, and an on board cinematic soundtrack that syncs with the ride vehicle.

I agree, there’s nothing else like this in the market and I’m hyped, but I do think there are some expectations set that cannot be met. It’s reminding me a lot of Gringotts, which got backlash when it opened then evened out to very positive reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure about water. I get the feeling that other than the pond in the middle we won't be getting any water features. Could be wrong, but that's my feeling.
I agree, there’s nothing else like this in the market and I’m hyped, but I do think there are some expectations set that cannot be met. It’s reminding me a lot of Gringotts, which got backlash when it opened then evened out to very position reviews.
So so so very true. I fear when I read the comments for my video about it saying this is going to be the longest coaster ever! Or this will be the best ride in the world! They may be misunderstanding that just because it takes me 8 minutes to explain it, doesn't mean the ride will be 8 minutes long. And I think everyone is over-hyping it in their mind.

Just like Gringotts and Kong, I bet you the first complaint after it opens will be "is that it? Seemed so short."

I expect the scenery to be grounded in realism (as is most of the wizarding world). Anything bright and cartoony like 7dmt won't fit the world. I expect riders to have better views from the ride vehicle than Slinky Dog and more immersion than most themed coasters around.

Tried my hand at an updated track layout based on more recent aerials from bio. Let me know if you can follow it, and if there's anything I missed (or spelled wrong lol.)

potter-coaster-layout-new5.jpg

Are we 100% sure that the start of this ride doesn't happen inside? I'm thinking the U-turn out of the station plus the first section of track before the right hand turn into launch 1 will happen indoors. I may be wrong but that's what the aerial photo seems to indicate. It also supports the idea that there will be a flying Ford Anglia animation before launch 1, which would need to be housed under cover and out of the Florida elements.

Reactions: Ryno27
Are we 100% sure that the start of this ride doesn't happen inside? I'm thinking the U-turn out of the station plus the first section of track before the right hand turn into launch 1 will happen indoors. I may be wrong but that's what the aerial photo seems to indicate. It also supports the idea that there will be a flying Ford Anglia animation before launch 1, which would need to be housed under cover and out of the Florida elements.
I’m imagining the first turn area may be somewhat covered, but not fully enclosed. There aren’t any permits to build an actual building there, so semi enclosed at best.

I don’t think the flying car needs to be enclosed. Thunder Mountain has the whole flooded town scene with animated characters and detailed sets.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I’m imagining the first turn area may be somewhat covered, but not fully enclosed. There aren’t any permits to build an actual building there, so semi enclosed at best.

I don’t think the flying car needs to be enclosed. Thunder Mountain has the whole flooded town scene with animated characters and detailed sets.

It strikes me as funny that the maintenance bay is almost as large as the queue and load area combined. I have no idea why that's funny, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.