Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 299 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to draw a new layout trying to get all the launches, tire drives, and drops.

Blue-Coasting
Orange-Tire Drive
Red-Launch
Dark Purple-Fwd+Bkwd+launch
Light Purple- Bkwd+launch
Maroon-Duel Drop Tracks

Potter_Coaster_727_2.jpg

For the most part. Though I've planted Japanese Willows on my property (Pennsylvania) and they grow super fast, in fact, too fast, and just from clippings yet.

You can also plant arbor vitae's and they grow fast and provide evergreen screens. I have some Green Giants that are five years old, started at 6 feet high, and are pushing the 15-18 foot height. And, if you have the money, you can buy much more mature trees.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
You can also plant arbor vitae's and they grow fast and provide evergreen screens. I have some Green Giants that are five years old, started at 6 feet high, and are pushing the 15-18 foot height. And, if you have the money, you can buy much more mature trees.
Yes, we have those along a 350 ft. border. And they're trimmed at the bottom, naturally, when the deer eat them during the hard winters. ...............Yes, as Teebin said, they'll have that HP foliaged out in a zip. Just like the foliage that has Diagon hidden away already on the Amity restroom side.

Reactions: Ryno27
OK, here is an update to the layout to include the show scenes/coaster elements and added more drive tire sections like in front of Fluffy (I had forgotten @Alicia pointed those out a month or so ago). I also put the backward tire drive section in gold.

Blue- Coast
Orange- Tire Drive (Fwd)
Gold- Tire Drive (Bkwd)
Red- LIMS
Purple- Fwd+Bkwd+LIMS
Lavender- Bkwd +LIMS
Green- Drop Tracks

Potter_Coaster_Breakdown.jpg

The main reason I wanted to do this was just to see how many technical elements are going into this attraction. This is a FAR more complex coaster than Everest.

OK, here is an update to the layout to include the show scenes/coaster elements and added more drive tire sections like in front of Fluffy (I had forgotten @Alicia pointed those out a month or so ago). I also put the backward tire drive section in gold.

Blue- Coast
Orange- Tire Drive (Fwd)
Gold- Tire Drive (Bkwd)
Red- LIMS
Purple- Fwd+Bkwd+LIMS
Lavender- Bkwd +LIMS
Green- Drop Tracks

The main reason I wanted to do this was just to see how many technical elements are going into this attraction. This is a FAR more complex coaster than Everest.
Nice job. :thumbsup:.....but you do have entirely too much free time. :lol:...........Methinks you need to join UK Trigg and us in our travels. :)

Blue- Coast
Orange- Tire Drive (Fwd)
Gold- Tire Drive (Bkwd)
Red- LIMS
Purple- Fwd+Bkwd+LIMS
Lavender- Bkwd +LIMS
Green- Drop Tracks

I think the launch after Fluffy brakes won't be until AFTER the track switch. Will be a short launch, (like the backwards launch after falling past the track switch later). I could be wrong, but I think that's how I see it going.

Otherwise, I think it's a good illustration of how complex this ride is. Over on YouTube I have comments every week about how there's no way any coaster would have THAT MANY launches... and yet, here we are.

Reactions: Ryno27
I think the launch after Fluffy brakes won't be until AFTER the track switch. Will be a short launch, (like the backwards launch after falling past the track switch later). I could be wrong, but I think that's how I see it going.

Otherwise, I think it's a good illustration of how complex this ride is. Over on YouTube I have comments every week about how there's no way any coaster would have THAT MANY launches... and yet, here we are.
That's what I thought, but the section in front of Fluffy is half tires and then a short section of LIMS right before the track switch. Not sure how they will use them, they may use them as brakes. :shrug: There are also ton of LIMS along the backwards section. I am sure the ones between the track switch and the spike will launch forward and act as brakes.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Alicia
That's what I thought, but the section in front of Fluffy is half tires and then a short section of LIMS right before the track switch. Not sure how they will use them, they may use them as brakes. :shrug: There are also ton of LIMS along the backwards section. I am sure the ones between the track switch and the spike will launch forward and act as brakes.
Interesting stuff.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Rumors are that it is part of a bridge sorta kinda thing. We crash through it (high) in the middle of the ride and then glide through it lower down at the end.

Head-chopper elements are always a fun little thrill on a coaster, especially at night or with low lighting. In this case, it seems like a nice way to incorporate scenery that might only have been used to hide other elements of the ride from riders/visitors. A large bridge/foot bridge could hide quite a lot, but it would also waste a lot of valuable ride space, if that's what their thinking is with this element.

Reactions: Alicia and Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.