Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 316 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Joe Rhode saying the Everest track switches were "heavy as hell" or something like that..Perhaps it's just a weight thing

Wouldn't want an effect cracking the concrete foundation or anything
They almost weigh as much as his earring!

article-joe-rohde.jpg

One thing I would love to see on this project is an erratic boulder. We have them all over Maine and I looked up Scotland and sure enough the glaciers dropped them there too.

An erratic boulder can be as large as a house and sometimes bares no resemblance to the surrounding stone as the boulder may have been carried by the glacier 1000s of miles to its location.

It would be cool to have such a giant marker on this project.

Scotland:
Erratic%2C_Kinloch_Glen_-_geograph.org.uk_-_153460.jpg

2000’ from me as I type this:
801f9b7caad7811aecf1c14f465d8b3a.jpg

One thing I would love to see on this project is an erratic boulder. We have them all over Maine and I looked up Scotland and sure enough the glaciers dropped them there too.

An erratic boulder can be as large as a house and sometimes bares no resemblance to the surrounding stone as the boulder may have been carried by the glacier 1000s of miles to its location.

It would be cool to have such a giant marker on this project.

Scotland:
Erratic%2C_Kinloch_Glen_-_geograph.org.uk_-_153460.jpg

2000’ from me as I type this:
801f9b7caad7811aecf1c14f465d8b3a.jpg

Hey kids - Get off my rock!

Here is another quick video update of the Potter coaster. I will say that the new structure going up over the dive curve and final scene is really impressive.

God, this looks amazing. The only thing that’s got me a little bummed out is that we aren’t getting the raised Taron ride vehicles :(

As a food for thought feeling..what if Universal goes out to share any details of the Hogsmeade coaster and the T2 coaster this week? They will have their eyes set on them this week with Adventura opening, and I would wonder if they may consider the possibility of low-key dropping an announcement of what to expect for the 2019 operating season.

Merely a thought, I am curious of this possibility.

As a food for thought feeling..what if Universal goes out to share any details of the Hogsmeade coaster and the T2 coaster this week? They will have their eyes set on them this week with Adventura opening, and I would wonder if they may consider the possibility of low-key dropping an announcement of what to expect for the 2019 operating season.

Entirely possible, but that's unprecedented. Lets see...

Possible, but Uni tends to make this kind of announcements through their parks blog and press releases.

I think we’d be more likely to get an HHN or Christmas announcement, since they can advertise it as “come see this cool offering next month, and stay in our brand new hotel while you’re at it!”

Status
Not open for further replies.