Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The locker system is terrible. We should invent a bin conveyor system that matches up with your spot loading and unloading. Totally inaccessible until your RV coming back into the station.

Streamline it baby!!!

Pretty sure Universal actually patented that idea (or maybe it was Disney?) Don’t have it in front of me at the moment though.

Icon (Mack double Launch coaster at Blackpool UK) has cool system for this. The Bins are on the exit side and have a vertical moving system such that only one vertical level of bins is accessible at each time which is tied to each the trains.
Its kinda hard to explain and i did look for a video, but can't find one.

Icon (Mack double Launch coaster at Blackpool UK) has cool system for this. The Bins are on the exit side and have a vertical moving system such that only one vertical level of bins is accessible at each time which is tied to each the trains.
Its kinda hard to explain and i did look for a video, but can't find one.

Timestamp at 2:43 if it doesn’t work

I think the issue with a locker like that, is because of the probability that the attraction may have separate load and unload areas. If they do a locker system like Icon, wouldn't it be potentially a problem?

I think the issue with a locker like that, is because of the probability that the attraction may have separate load and unload areas. If they do a locker system like Icon, wouldn't it be potentially a problem?
Yep. Unless they figure out a way to have everything move from one place to the other, and be able to get everyone’s things in the lockers fast, it would do more bad than good. Having a moving station means very limited time to get loose articles and bags into the cubbies, and from my experience, guests are almost always very slow with it.

Why is Universal still keeping this a secret? Dragon Challenge will have been closed for a full year very soon. I just want confirmed details on this!
It's not a secret if they announced it last year. It's just only had very little details released. Kong didn't even get a tease on the blog till a couple months before it was scheduled to open.

I would be amazed if it doesn't have a breaking/hold system in place by the end somewhere on the spike, if only because it means they're assuming the track switch will always work...which seems like a bad idea.

Good point. The last thing we need is an "oops" moment. So are they waiting to put something on after the foundation work is complete? Odd that it hasn't been installed yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.