Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the fact that there's now two huts.
This one is MUCH bigger, and is more like a stable, and not Hagrid's Hut. It will have a porch with a fence and other features that his hut does not to better differentiate it when it's done.

The confusion is probably my fault for referring to it as a hut and saying it'll have Hagrid inside (but in my defense, I never said it was "Hagrid's Hut" lol).

Without having to stop for screens every scene like Gringotts it already has a better chance for decent pacing.

Agreed, Gringotts for me was too much stop, start, stop, start.... kind of killed the experience. Not saying it is a bad ride by any means but I think it had potential to be so much more than it is. Hopefully the new launched coaster finds that nice balance!

Sorry for putting this out there but I am pretty bothered by it. It’s my first year of collage and 1 of the clubs I joined is called TEA (themed entertainment association) club. Don’t know if anyone’s heard of it but I’ve come to a conclusion that they are a vey pro Disney club. This can sometimes mean that they ridicule Universal for their screens and “lack” of theming. Just came back from a meeting and they brought up very briefly the new Potter coaster. Their description of it was insulting to say the least. The topic of Univesal is always an afterthought in this club btw. So, after the Disney news they let everyone know that a new promo pic for the potter ride had come out. They mentioned it was “ a forbidden forest ride even though the forbidden forest is in FJ already, but whatever.” They went on to ask what creatures were in the front of the poster and that nothing was said on the promo pic itself which is “bad advertising.” I was gripping my chair as to not completely blurt out my true opinions/ knowings of the ride, and how wrong they were. To make the situation worse, a girl came out and said she had seen a few memes with jokes relating to this new ride and screens. How the new ride would be just a bunch of screens simulating a roller coaster track. I was not going to stand up and yell what I really felt but boy was I angry. Sorry to vent but this was just something that happened a few hours ago and I am still angry as this club is to talk about all themed entertainment and not praise one and put down the other. This club hosts the imagineering competition as well as some other Official universal ones so I will not be quiting just because I actually want be apart of them. I am also in an art school and my school won 1st & 2nd last year in the imagineering competition for Disney so being apart of that and winning will look really good for internships and such.

206C4587-ED88-4076-8BA0-ABBA1AA64C11.jpeg

Sorry for putting this out there but I am pretty bothered by it. It’s my first year of collage and 1 of the clubs I joined is called TEA (themed entertainment association) club. Don’t know if anyone’s heard of it but I’ve come to a conclusion that they are a vey pro Disney club. This can sometimes mean that they ridicule Universal for their screens and “lack” of theming. Just came back from a meeting and they brought up very briefly the new Potter coaster. Their description of it was insulting to say the least. The topic of Univesal is always an afterthought in this club btw. So, after the Disney news they let everyone know that a new promo pic for the potter ride had come out. They mentioned it was “ a forbidden forest ride even though the forbidden forest is in FJ already, but whatever.” They went on to ask what creatures were in the front of the poster and that nothing was said on the promo pic itself which is “bad advertising.” I was gripping my chair as to not completely blurt out my true opinions/ knowings of the ride, and how wrong they were. To make the situation worse, a girl came out and said she had seen a few memes with jokes relating to this new ride and screens. How the new ride would be just a bunch of screens simulating a roller coaster track. I was not going to stand up and yell what I really felt but boy was I angry. Sorry to vent but this was just something that happened a few hours ago and I am still angry as this club is to talk about all themed entertainment and not praise one and put down the other. This club hosts the imagineering competition as well as some other Official universal ones so I will not be quiting just because I actually want be apart of them. I am also in an art school and my school won 1st & 2nd last year in the imagineering competition for Disney so being apart of that and winning will look really good for internships and such.

View attachment 8030
Disney fanboys are great.

View attachment 8030
I'm guessing you go to Savannah? I mean, Imagineering is by far the biggest sponsor of TEA college clubs. It's not really a surprise, and also a genius way for Disney to recruit top talent while they're still young.

Last edited:

View attachment 8030
They drank the brainwashing kool aid that the rat brewed.

Can you blame them for goofing on UOR when the last 4 (or more?) rides were screen based?

They also just opened one of their worst attractions in years. So...I say UOR can take a little hit.

Once this rise opens (and hopefully delivers) they will change their tune.
The way people were comparing Pixar Pier to Six flags quality they have no room to talk. Also TSL is constantly attacked for no reason but for some it is lacking.

Reactions: HPFred
Bringing up Pixar Pier or TSL isn’t really necessary. They’re placeholders and Disney clearly didn’t put their all into it, much like Universal didn’t for F&F, Fallon, and others.

Sometimes, though, placeholder rides can be charming, like (imo) Fallon and Slinky Dog.

But recently, when Disney goes all out, you can get incredible lands such as Pandora. But you can also get underwhelming lands like New Fantasyland.

Instead of making that group Disney v Universal, @LJGonz - why not bring up budgets and abilities between the parks. I’ve brought it up before, but with less than 1/5 the attendance, an even smaller percentage of on-site rooms, and significantly smaller revenue (and subsequently, budgets); what Universal can bring to the table is pretty damned impressive.

Disney can afford 1 billion dollar lands. Universal has to get by with 500 million all based on revenues per resort. And the fact they can make fully immersive areas at a third of the costs has to prove something. If nothing else, it gives a good talking point of- what would disney do if they only had $200 mil for pandora. What would that look like?
You can’t really Uni v Disney until they get their 3rd and 4th Parks open and are rolling nearly 60 million people through the gates a year.

Bringing up Pixar Pier or TSL isn’t really necessary. They’re placeholders and Disney clearly didn’t put their all into it, much like Universal didn’t for F&F, Fallon, and others.

Sometimes, though, placeholder rides can be charming, like (imo) Fallon and Slinky Dog.

But recently, when Disney goes all out, you can get incredible lands such as Pandora. But you can also get underwhelming lands like New Fantasyland.

Instead of making that group Disney v Universal, @LJGonz - why not bring up budgets and abilities between the parks. I’ve brought it up before, but with less than 1/5 the attendance, an even smaller percentage of on-site rooms, and significantly smaller revenue (and subsequently, budgets); what Universal can bring to the table is pretty damned impressive.

Disney can afford 1 billion dollar lands. Universal has to get by with 500 million all based on revenues per resort. And the fact they can make fully immersive areas at a third of the costs has to prove something. If nothing else, it gives a good talking point of- what would disney do if they only had $200 mil for pandora. What would that look like?
You can’t really Uni v Disney until they get their 3rd and 4th Parks open and are rolling nearly 60 million people through the gates a year.
Haha I said thing in defense of TSL being a placeholder and got attacked for it on WDWMagic. I also agree with the majority of post though as Disney and Uni have both proven that they create immersive themed lands however not everything is a home run.

Reactions: Andysol and Ryno27

View attachment 8030
It sounds the boys and girls feel threatened by the huge success Universal is having. That is understandable but also shows they are very immature. Many former imagineers work now for Universal and the creatives visit each others themed lands and rides. If Universal builds an amazing land like Potter Imaginering at Disney can be sure the money train comes their way to go all out on their next ride. The same thing goes into the other direction. You clearly don't care for the industry if you only focus on 1 company. There is a world of high quality themed entertainment to be found outside the Disney/Universal bubble. Don't get angry, you have a more balanced and intellectual look on things and it will make you eventually more successful in your work/life.

It sounds the boys and girls feel threatened by the huge success Universal is having. That is understandable but also shows they are very immature. Many former imagineers work now for Universal and the creatives visit each others themed lands and rides. If Universal builds an amazing land like Potter Imaginering at Disney can be sure the money train comes their way to go all out on their next ride. The same thing goes into the other direction. You clearly don't care for the industry if you only focus on 1 company. There is a world of high quality themed entertainment to be found outside the Disney/Universal bubble. Don't get angry, you have a more balanced and intellectual look on things and it will make you eventually more successful in your work/life.
Really great advice. Next time they attempt to roast Universal I will bring up these awesome points. Thank you.

View attachment 8030
Just smile knowingly and walk away......

Status
Not open for further replies.