Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 388 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little puzzled why there couldn't be ruins in the FF? JK has "added" a lot of stuff since the release of the books. For her to say now that there are ruins in the forest wouldn't be out of character for her. I don't see how it would detract from anything in the books or the movies and it would give her a chance to expand the lore of the series a little more. Seems plausible to me.

Reactions: Teebin and Mike S
just curious...did the castle used in DC, for the Tri-wizard Cup have anything in common with the books/films?

I realize JKR wants everything to be "authentic", but it's highly possible they could "add" to the story world instead of trying to "fit into it". Anything is possible.

Reactions: Ryno27
What if... it was a fun ride with some kick ass buildings in the mix where we suspend our disbelieve just like the fact the "real" castle does have a lake next to it, doesn't have a roller-coaster in Hagrid's garden, doesn't have a queue inside it's schoolgrounds nor exit signs or ride vehicles.
I'm sure JK has approved and added to the story and thought it was fine for the whole theme park context this is set in.

Sure, if they wanted to be sloppy.

And your examples are incredibly exaggerated. Considering the care Universal/WB/JKR have taken in creating queues for their existing rides, using something like a repurposed coaster or exit signs (really?) as an example to why they wouldn’t take any mind to a storyline and for us to just suspend belief is disingenuous. The entirety of HP is to be in the books/movies as they appear, exactly. Making a flagship ride have no cohesiveness is ridiculous. This isn’t Ollivanders in Hogsmeade or frozen Butterbeer.

What’s next, you saying it’s ok they put Coca Cola and Sunkist machines in Diagon Alley because they have Hp/Universal merchandise bags that they use when you buy souvenirs and that’s “suspending belief” also?

I don’t think they’ll do that. I would hope they would do something like @richthe4th said. It’s coherent, it makes sense, and most importantly, it fits in that location.

Sure, if they wanted to be sloppy.

And your examples are incredibly exaggerated. Considering the care Universal/WB/JKR have taken in creating queues for their existing rides, using something like a repurposed coaster or exit signs (really?) as an example to why they wouldn’t take any mind to a storyline and for us to just suspend belief is disingenuous. The entirety of HP is to be in the books/movies as they appear, exactly. Making a flagship ride have no cohesiveness is ridiculous. This isn’t Ollivanders in Hogsmeade or frozen Butterbeer.

What’s next, you saying it’s ok they put Coca Cola and Sunkist machines in Diagon Alley because they have Hp/Universal merchandise bags that they use when you buy souvenirs and that’s “suspending belief” also?

I don’t think they’ll do that. I would hope they would do something like @richthe4th said. It’s coherent, it makes sense, and most importantly, it fits in that location.
I thought I maybe should add #sarcasm in my post but I thought it was blatantly obvious. I was clearly wrong.

just curious...did the castle used in DC, for the Tri-wizard Cup have anything in common with the books/films?

I realize JKR wants everything to be "authentic", but it's highly possible they could "add" to the story world instead of trying to "fit into it". Anything is possible.

The castle was redecorated inside to hint at the triwizard tournament... cup and tent included.

I thought I maybe should add #sarcasm in my post but I thought it was blatantly obvious. I was clearly wrong.

Which part was sarcastic?

Do you believe that if it was just a fun ride with kickass buildings in the mix that we should suspend belief and just enjoy it, or do you think it should be criticized as not having a legitimate story like everything else in HP areas do?

Because if it’s the former, then my point stands and you’re not being sarcastic.

The official concept art does say a "Magical New Adventure" right on it. That should tell everyone that this story won't be from the books but will likely reference places and creatures that book readers are familiar with. It will feel like an expanded part of the world where the Harry Potter story is told.

Last edited:
The official concept art does say a "Magical New Adventure" right on it. That should tell everyone that this story won't be from the books but will like reference places and creatures that book readers are familiar with. It will feel like an expanded part of the world where the Harry Potter story is told.

Don’t be bringing common sense into this thread!

The official concept art does say a "Magical New Adventure" right on it. That should tell everyone that this story won't be from the books but will like reference places and creatures that book readers are familiar with. It will feel like an expanded part of the world where the Harry Potter story is told.

technically all the rides are 'new adventures'. I think people are questioning the actual location though, as all the current rides are in well known locations.

Yeah, we haven't seen the entirety of the FF in the books or the movie...so why is it a problem that we don't know about these buildings? If you're going to complain about that complain about how close FotH is to FJ...because Hagrid's hut was clearly much further away from the castle, even on the scale that they currently have going....also the fact that Hagrid's hut is on the wrong side of Hogwarts.

She’s pulling a Star Wars. The Harry Potter saga is episode VI - XIII with the Fantastic Beasts saga being episode I - VI with the future sequels planned for release in 2040 with the key characters returning and Harry Potter refusing unless he gets killed off in the first sequel.
As long as Harry Potter drinks green milk from the Whomping Willow

This may be a silly question, but it's just because I haven't been following, has Universal officially announced this attraction? like with concept art, etc? Reason I ask is because this project is already so far along but I haven't seen much publicity about it.

This may be a silly question, but it's just because I haven't been following, has Universal officially announced this attraction? like with concept art, etc? Reason I ask is because this project is already so far along but I haven't seen much publicity about it.

Just one piece of concept art came out recently on Pottermore. Other than that, pretty much nothing.

They did acknowledge that they are building it but no details. You should go back to the beginning and check out the progress. It is fascinating to see all the elements being built and sussing out the story from what they install. Hints from @Alicia certainly helped guide the speculation and dampen some of the wilder guesses as to what will be happening in the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.