Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 389 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kw3611613_1024x1024.jpg
Long time follower first time poster, but I came across something regarding the big building in ruins. Not sure if this has been said before but there were ruins mentioned in the book. And after some research I came across this. It’s called tintern abbey

kw3611613_1024x1024.jpg
Long time follower first time poster, but I came across something regarding the big building in ruins. Not sure if this has been said before but there were ruins mentioned in the book. And after some research I came across this. It’s called tintern abbey
Welcome to the Forum. :thumbsup:

kw3611613_1024x1024.jpg
OMG the likeness is uncanny! And tintern abbey is mentioned by name in the books?

That’s one heck of a first post! Welcome!

I see pictures such as that and wonder why it is a ruin.

So:

The abbey fell into ruin after the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the 16th century. Its remains have been celebrated in poetry and painting from the 18th century onwards.

The Dissolution of the Monasteries, sometimes referred to as the Suppression of the Monasteries, was the set of administrative and legal processes between 1536 and 1541 by which Henry VIII disbanded monasteries, priories, convents and friaries in England and Walesand Ireland, appropriated their income, disposed of their assets, and provided for their former personnel and functions.

So, it is a ruin because of progress...

OMG the likeness is uncanny! And tintern abbey is mentioned by name in the books?

That’s one heck of a first post! Welcome!

Tintern abbey was never mentioned in the books but “the ruins” were mentioned in the deathly hallows video game

The Ruins[1] (or the Forest of Dean ruins) were the remains of an old building located within the Forest of Dean. These ruins were used to imprison enemies of the Death Eater controlled Ministry of Magic, in 1997-1998.[2]

To add to the above post

“The Misty Dell, The Quarry and The Ruins within this forest was used to imprison enemies of the Death Eaters during this time and the Snatcher Camp was used by Snatchers for same purpose. An area of the forest have been infested by Acromantulas, called "The Acromantula", and the spiders began to imprison Muggle-borns. Also some Inferi infested the forest in the late 1997 winter periods.”

While we're looking at Abbeys, Melrose Abbey in Scotland looks a lot like what the final product will be, with flying buttresses and all. The color of Tintern is better for what's on the concept poster though.

View attachment 8277

Shame its not the abbey
Highclere_Castle.jpg

....Dame Maggie Smith in a dual role as Professor Mcgonagall and Violet Crawley...how marvelous that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.