Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 480 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but absolutely no one ever reads those.

You wouldn't believe how many times I got asked at Spaceship Earth if it was a rollercoaster or if the Jungle Cruise had a big drop when I worked there.

It's not a big deal, but it irks me a little when they don't just put "coaster" in the name. Just makes everything easier.
As someone who doesn't really like coasters, and who went on Mummy not really aware of how much of a coaster it was, I have to say that making clear that a ride is a coaster would be good.
It was not even the question of not reading the signs, but I was with my family and after entering the building I read the "high speed" warning and everything, but then they kept trying to convince me it wasn't really strong, that i was already in the queue etc etc, and i gave it a try.

I don't hate that i gave it a try, but definitely wasn't something i loved either. I just don't like the feeling of 'stronger' coasters.
If I ever go to Orlando again, maybe i will ride again, but more on the mentality that i know already how it is, and that i want to get used/not be afraid, so i can get courage to go on even stronger ones.

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't really like coasters, and who went on Mummy not really aware of how much of a coaster it was, I have to say that making clear that a ride is a coaster would be good.
It was not even the question of not reading the signs, but I was with my family and after entering the building I read the "high speed" warning and everything, but then they kept trying to convince me it wasn't really strong, that i was already in the queue etc etc, and i gave it a try.

The difficulty is that there's a lot of hybrid type of systems like gringott's that's not purely a rollercoaster, it's a dark ride with a few coaster elements. Test Track also isn't a rollercoaster in the purest sense of the word, but moves like one (it's fully powered almost the entire time, maybe save for the one short drop coming out of the show building)

The difficulty is that there's a lot of hybrid type of systems like gringott's that's not purely a rollercoaster, it's a dark ride with a few coaster elements. Test Track also isn't a rollercoaster in the purest sense of the word, but moves like one (it's fully powered almost the entire time, maybe save for the one short drop coming out of the show building)
I get it, they don't have a way knowing how sensible a person is. I even sometimes get surprised how some rides get the title "thrill ride" when they are as weak as a car on a road(Star Tours). Hell, even Pirates has a drop.
So i think it's time for theme parks to get together and make an official ride intensity classification(with separated ranks for drops, speed and turns). :p

Reactions: Bozobrain24
Helicopter footage with close ups!

I could see quite lot of different things I've never seen from Bio (despite the terrible low resolution).
At 0:07 it looks one pillar for the coaster gets themed but it's hard to see (could be plastic). It also looks the tunnel before the spike gets some rock-work.
At 0:39 at the bottom there is a nice looking service entrance. I like they themed that. Next to it they also build a small square building.
At 0:42 top middle of the screen there are white pillars visible that look like the once you see for water raft rides. They make the water more alive. That could be a rapid stream you zoom by.
At 1:10, the building in the middle, attached to the wall was always there but had a ton of pipes around it. It looks that is fixed.
At 1:14 top left the building with the ladder looks new, at least there is work being done there. I expect that is for the Team Members. At the bottom right they are doing some groundwork that could be a switchback but I hop it will be an observation deck for people who want to watch the ride.

Reactions: Alicia
Anyone listen to Jim Hill's Universal Joint? They didn't want to admit that coaster train testing is happening, but thanks to @RollermanDan we've actually seen testing in a video. Just thought it was interesting. Of course, this was recorded on the 2nd, but I think we had seen testing by then.

Anyway, they're repeating the Potter coaster not opening until Fall rumor in this episode.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Anyone listen to Jim Hill's Universal Joint? They didn't want to admit that coaster train testing is happening, but thanks to @RollermanDan we've actually seen testing in a video. Just thought it was interesting. Of course, this was recorded on the 2nd, but I think we had seen testing by then.

Anyway, they're repeating the Potter coaster not opening until Fall rumor in this episode.

and.....that's Jim Hill for you. I refuse to waste my time listening to any of his dog and pony BS. :sleep:

They’ve been testing for a long time, even beyond What Dan reported.

Yea, just wondering when we first saw it though. Jim said that once people find out they're testing trains that a flock of bloggers will descend on the site and never stop filming. I guess the way around that is, just test at night lol, like they have been.

I mean film WHAT? It’s all hidden.

A fall opening would be a bummer....and would explain the delay in announcement.

It’s not delayed to the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.