Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Forbidden Forest is coming to Hollywood, I would have to imagine it takes over the current Tram Plaza, Maintenance Bay for Tram, some CW Backstage and maybe the solar panels. Why? Is that being considered for Hollywood as well?
Just a detail Dynamic Attractions said at IAAPA that hasn't clicked yet.

If I'm not mistaken, when they said that a SFX coaster was coming to Otown, they implied it was a multi-park deal specially saying "both coasts".

Reactions: anihilnation
Just a detail Dynamic Attractions said at IAAPA that hasn't clicked yet.

If I'm not mistaken, when they said that a SFX coaster was coming to Otown, they implied it was a multi-park deal specially saying "both coasts".
Could that instead for Guardians here and a Marvel coaster at DCA?

Or are we expecting a much less interesting ride system for Guardians now?

Reactions: Disneyhead
See, here's the thing. If I'm paying $100+ to go to the "Harry Potter Theme Park". I expect there to be theme parky looking stuff all slathered in a detailed Harry Potter theme. That's what I'm paying for. If I want total immersion. I would visit the places it was shot and probably the studio tour.

I don't want the art of theme park design to be squashed by the chase of total immersion. Giant steel and jaw dropping weenies that can be seen from everywhere in the park are part of the aesthetic of a "theme park".

That's not to say that Universal hasn't created some humorously tragic visual mash-ups. Like the spectacular view of Hogwarts through the Jurassic Park arch. Sad. And what makes that particular situation worse is that is the arch they kept. The visually clean version they removed for Kong. Personally, I would have kept the arch and just declared Kong an attraction inside of "Jurassic Park". Literally all they would have had to do to tie that in would have been 2 signs with a "You Are Here" fake "Jurassic Park" park map that has Kong on it as an attraction. It would have been a nice nod to the line in the first JP when Dr. Malcolm sees the arch the first time and says, "What have they got in there King Kong?" The line was written because the arch was in fact inspired by the original King Kong movie. As was the wall around Mordor.

Remember, BTMRR would just be a narrow gauge train in a spectacular environment if we chase that rabbit down the hole.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I've preferred Diagon over Hogsmeade was the total immersion I always felt when I was in Diagon. I think the new area in, in place of DC, will help to even the field.
With the size D.C. Was, WB/UC actually have he ability to completely transform Hogsmeade to be nothing like it is today.

As it currently stands, you snake up the tight streets of Hogsmeade and then make it to Hogwarts- it's grand as an elevated structure, but the thin walking areas remain with Hippogriff on the right.

They have the ability to keep the appropriately tight streets of Hogsmeade and then allow for a grand reveal, in both height and width with Hogwarts.

If they can make a viewing area for the castle show (and new castle shows) while subsequently pushing hippogriff back closer to the Forbidden forest area, it would transform Hogsmeade completely into three separate areas, instead of the singular area that it feels like today.

I truly hope they take this opportunity to give us the feeling of grandness in that area. By doing so, we would get:
1) A much needed night show at IoA with the ability to support the crowds due to the viewing area.
2) A rebuild of Hippogriff allowing for the improved and slightly higher capacity (18 vs 16) Mack version that USH has vs our Vekoma version.
3) 3 Seperated areas that are more true to their forms

That D.C. plot had so much potential and size that I'd hate to see them squander this opportunity. I have a bad feeling we're going to get a FF attraction that takes up a few acres and we're left ~3-5 acres just sitting there beyond hippogriff.

For the record, I know my feeling is unfounded as WB/UC working in tandem have done nothing but exceeded our expectations.

If they can make a viewing area for the castle show (and new castle shows) while subsequently pushing hippogriff back closer to the Forbidden forest area, it would transform Hogsmeade completely into three separate areas, instead of the singular area that it feels like today.

I don't think there's any chance of them moving Hippogriff, but I could see them maybe opening up the section of Dragons' queue that overlooked the castle for a viewing area

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
See, here's the thing. If I'm paying $100+ to go to the "Harry Potter Theme Park". I expect there to be theme parky looking stuff all slathered in a detailed Harry Potter theme. That's what I'm paying for. If I want total immersion. I would visit the places it was shot and probably the studio tour.

I don't want the art of theme park design to be squashed by the chase of total immersion. Giant steel and jaw dropping weenies that can be seen from everywhere in the park are part of the aesthetic of a "theme park".

That's not to say that Universal hasn't created some humorously tragic visual mash-ups. Like the spectacular view of Hogwarts through the Jurassic Park arch. Sad. And what makes that particular situation worse is that is the arch they kept. The visually clean version they removed for Kong. Personally, I would have kept the arch and just declared Kong an attraction inside of "Jurassic Park". Literally all they would have had to do to tie that in would have been 2 signs with a "You Are Here" fake "Jurassic Park" park map that has Kong on it as an attraction. It would have been a nice nod to the line in the first JP when Dr. Malcolm sees the arch the first time and says, "What have they got in there King Kong?" The line was written because the arch was in fact inspired by the original King Kong movie. As was the wall around Mordor.

Remember, BTMRR would just be a narrow gauge train in a spectacular environment if we chase that rabbit down the hole.
Hogwarts itself is enough of a weenie as it can be seen from around the lagoon. We don't need big steel ruining the environment of Hogsmeade. Also, movie sets don't offer "total immersion" as they're built to only look good from a specific viewpoint.

Example:
This
article-2356778-1AAD2E31000005DC-775_964x517.jpg

vs.
b43cc74543f49355c74a8f71144fe296.jpg

My hope in the area redesign is that they shift traffic patterns to include walkways on both sides of the central shops. The existing Dragon area made it a hard wall and narrow walkway on that side of the shops.

If they're smart, they'll open up that area and utilize it better for guest flow and cut down on congestion.

My hope in the area redesign is that they shift traffic patterns to include walkways on both sides of the central shops. The existing Dragon area made it a hard wall and narrow walkway on that side of the shops.

If they're smart, they'll open up that area and utilize it better for guest flow and cut down on congestion.
I think some of that congestion is intentional. I agree that it is too much (I always look to see if the bypass is open) but it gives energy and a feeling of a small town that lots of people came to visit.

With DD there I felt like it was a carnival day and that is why so many people were about.

Status
Not open for further replies.