Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 609 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how it looks in the park but even in the movies they had to go “down” to Hogsmeade from Hogwarts. If Hogsmeade is in perpetual snow because it’s above the snow line, why isn’t Hogwarts? I really think it’s as simple as they just happen to only go there when it’s winter.

Hogwarts is in the Loch and Hogsmeade in the mountains.

From Pottermore:

Stuart Craig envisaged the village of Hogsmeade as being firmly rooted in the Scottish Highlands. ‘Hogsmeade is the country version of Diagon Alley. It’s just off the perimeter road around Hogwarts. For Hogsmeade, we did need to have a distinctive theme and feel, so we said that it’s above the snow line. That gave it a remote feeling. Every time we see Hogsmeade it is covered in snow.’ Craig’s artistic decision brought to cinematic life the description that author J.K. Rowling wrote in Prisoner of Azkaban: ‘Hogsmeade looked like a Christmas card.’

Strange question: will squirrels and other critters take residence in this 'forest'?

Is this something theme parks actively try to avoid for safety reasons? And if they do have to take active measures, what do they do? I know about spikes and decoy owls to keep seagulls away, but are there more advanced techniques used by the parks to keep unwanted animals away?

I know Disneyland have a small army of cats that roam the park at night time. I imagine this could be something similar.

Once the coaster is up and operating in the morning, the animals will hide or leave the area.

Strange question: will squirrels and other critters take residence in this 'forest'?

Is this something theme parks actively try to avoid for safety reasons? And if they do have to take active measures, what do they do? I know about spikes and decoy owls to keep seagulls away, but are there more advanced techniques used by the parks to keep unwanted animals away?

It's not like Deer are going to populate it. So you're just talking about small animals like Rabbits, Squirrels, Cats and at worst, Raccoon.

They're fine in there. If, by some fluke chance, they're on the coaster track when the coaster is going over it, they'll simply get flattened and know one will no any different.

The only issue on a roller coaster is a bird. Just ask Fabio.

56fbdf77c6a37.image.jpg

I know Disneyland have a small army of cats that roam the park at night time. I imagine this could be something similar.

Once the coaster is up and operating in the morning, the animals will hide or leave the area.

Yeah, quite possible the sound of the coaster might scare them off. But just from observing some of the hardened city squirrels and raccoons where I live, loud road noises don't seem to deter them, so I thought maybe something more specialized would need to be employed.

Animal kingdom is literally full of wildlife and they don’t seem to have this problem. I’m sure there is something in place

Yeah, I don't for a moment think this is going to be an operational problem, of course. I'm just super curious and fascinated with what secret techniques might be used.

Reactions: Andysol
It's not like Deer are going to populate it. So you're just talking about small animals like Rabbits, Squirrels, Cats and at worst, Raccoon.

They're fine in there. If, by some fluke chance, they're on the coaster track when the coaster is going over it, they'll simply get flattened and know one will no any different.

56fbdf77c6a37.image.jpg
That one never gets old.

Reactions: Mike S and Andysol

56fbdf77c6a37.image.jpg
Ok.....what exactly happened here? Where is this from?

The grand opening of Apollo's Chariot at BG Williamsburg. A goose flew into Fabio's face on the first drop and broke his nose.

I unreasonably laugh every time I see the picture. Even your description, which isn't meant to be funny and is simply describing an injury, has me cracking up.

I don't know if it's the pissed off look or the blood splatters all over the faces of the girls behind him, but it's absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.