Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 643 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know trying to find out, we're being trolled by our very own today, wish they wouldn't have said anything:_:
Things ain’t ready yet. I don’t want to say the words delayed, or complications, because I’m not entirely sure of the situation. But my opinion, my opinion, is that at this point we’d be lucky to get softs the week of. But that’s not something I really want to say, because next thing you know there’s a ton of articles coming out quoting me. So, I’ll just keep it at “oh no”.

Honestly, if I knew more, I’d share it.

As Joe has said, I’m sure they’ll have the ride open on time, anything else prior is unplanned, and might be a nice surprise.

Again- maybe, maybe not.

Why run softs now and then try to fix the issue later retroactively after opening while trying to increase capacity? For what purpose?

This is literally why they run the trains for weeks, increase load, etc. It's not some quota that they have to run 100 cycles before they're allowed to start softs. No; they run dummies, they run water bags, they run empty, they increase capacity, they increase the amount of trains, etc etc because each change to get it to full operating speed can create issues. And the plan is always to diagnose and correct those issues prior to open.

Again, I don't know what the issue is in particular; but to think there wasn't going to be an issue as they increased the stress-load closer to actual capacity is incredibly naive.
They are aiming for their June 13th opening, not some hopeful and mythical May 24th date for softs (which wouldn't have even happened anyway as they haven't even turned over operations). If softs happened, that's just a better benefit to both us to have earlier rides and them to expand testing and adjustments. But they put this wiggle room in specifically for these reasons which are known to happen regularly.

I wasn’t referring to softs, I was referring to having to delay the actual opening. My point was possible if it’s a multi train issue they could open at lower capacity on opening day.

Things ain’t ready yet. I don’t want to say the words delayed, or complications, because I’m not entirely sure of the situation. But my opinion, my opinion, is that at this point we’d be lucky to get softs the week of. But that’s not something I really want to say, because next thing you know there’s a ton of articles coming out quoting me. So, I’ll just keep it at “oh no”.

Honestly, if I knew more, I’d share it.

As Joe has said, I’m sure they’ll have the ride open on time, anything else prior is unplanned, and might be a nice surprise.

That's why it was probably best not to allude to anything until the situation became clear... :read:

Yeah I’m guessing the issue will change capacity only. They are still full steam ahead on the opening. Unless it says just an AA issue.

Reactions: truejonas
Is there an option for this ride if both drop tracks are down?

Well there is a way to still run the ride, but they'd only be able to do it for the first train or two as it's a legit freefall...Just Kidding!

Serious answer: No. With the way the layout is, the drop track is used to bring the trains back down literally and into the forward direction. If both DT's are down, the ride can't operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.