Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those pictures remind be how weird the decision to make Hogsmeade snowy was....

That might end up clashing with the Forbidden Forest ...?

yeah I agree that was a weird choice. I think it was done to really try to take you mentally out of the Florida atmosphere, but I always find it kind of jarring when it's like 95 degrees and you see fake snow in the crevices. I really don't like how that snowman by the butter beer cart is in one of the sunniest places in all of hogsmeade and is rarely in the shade

Blaw, what is that in your avatar?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W. and Mike S
Those pictures remind be how weird the decision to make Hogsmeade snowy was....

That might end up clashing with the Forbidden Forest ...?

yeah I agree that was a weird choice. I think it was done to really try to take you mentally out of the Florida atmosphere, but I always find it kind of jarring when it's like 95 degrees and you see fake snow in the crevices. I really don't like how that snowman by the butter beer cart is in one of the sunniest places in all of hogsmeade and is rarely in the shade

The film designers made the stylistic choice that Hogsmeade would be in perpetual snow as it’s in the mountains. Plus a lot of the visits there in the books are during the winter.

Driving around in California when it’s 107 degrees with real snow in the mountains in the distance is just as jarring. Everything about feels wrong but it happens.

I wish Universal would release some new info about anything soon. All these threads are starting to feel a little stale.

Driving around in California when it’s 107 degrees with real snow in the mountains in the distance is just as jarring. Everything about feels wrong but it happens.

I wish Universal would release some new info about anything soon. All these threads are starting to feel a little stale.
Agreed. I'm bored :bored:. Really not much to post about. Seems like there's way more Disney discussion now on this, the only real primary Universal site. That's not a bad thing, since I like Disney too. But I'd rather discuss Universal...Oh well, back to hibernation :sleep:. I've been busy with the Holidays anyway. :)

Agreed. I'm bored :bored:. Really not much to post about. Seems like there's way more Disney discussion now on this, the only real primary Universal site. That's not a bad thing, since I like Disney too. But I'd rather discuss Universal...Oh well, back to hibernation :sleep:. I've been busy with the Holidays anyway. :)
Patience young one. ;) After The Holidays we'll get an announcement.

About the Mardi Gras concert line up. :bolt:

So, I heard June 2019 is the target opening for this but supposedly they haven't really nailed down the story line yet. I find that surprising if true...

Reactions: JoeCamel

Early concept layout of a ride I've been developing.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-30-at-11.35.15-PM.png

Reactions: JaySalahi
Will the entrance still look like a castle? Just seems strange not to go "all the way". I mean they destroyed everything else. Why not just start from scratch?
They will gut it until it is basically just a frame left. You can then make it look like anything you want. Why build a new indoor queue, when you need a dark indoor queue anyway to create the FF vibes.Repurposing the building seems like a easy and quick idea. Would be a lateral move to knock a building down, to just then rebuild a new one for the queue.

They will gut it until it is basically just a frame left. You can then make it look like anything you want. Why build a new indoor queue, when you need a dark indoor queue anyway to create the FF vibes.Repurposing the building seems like a easy and quick idea. Would be a lateral move to knock a building down, to just then rebuild a new one for the queue.

I guess it just limits what they can do. They are now designing the ride around the original queue. Now, I'm not entirely complaining, because it's an intricate and expansive line system that was rarely full due to how great the capacity was. I'm just curious if we will indeed see a new entrance, or a dressed up version of the original.

Also, given how state of the art the Kong and GB lines were, you'd think they would go all out.

Reactions: Andysol
I guess it just limits what they can do. They are now designing the ride around the original queue. Now, I'm not entirely complaining, because it's an intricate and expansive line system that was rarely full due to how great the capacity was. I'm just curious if we will indeed see a new entrance, or a dressed up version of the original.

Also, given how state of the art the Kong and GB lines were, you'd think they would go all out.

If you've ever been backstage, this particular queue really is just a block building with a faux castle on one side. Very simple in comparison to most, especially considering PF next door built at the same time.

It won't take much to renovate.

I also think they will utilize a lot of the existing outdoor paths leading up to the building that already caters to the forest theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.