Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the reality that a late night Volcano Bay, and subsequent night Volcano effects show, doesn't work, has got Universal to rethink night shows at IOA as an alternative. People will attend a real theme park in the evening. Not so much a water theme park.

I wonder if the reality that a late night Volcano Bay, and subsequent night Volcano effects show, doesn't work, has got Universal to rethink night shows at IOA as an alternative. People will attend a real theme park in the evening. Not so much a water theme park.
People would attend VB in the evening in the summer if Universal let them. They never kept the parks open as late as they had promised last summer (and there was always still a lot of people left in the park when it closed at 9pm or whenever).

People would attend VB in the evening in the summer if Universal let them. They never kept the parks open as late as they had promised last summer (and there was always still a lot of people left in the park when it closed at 9pm or whenever).
Summer only though. Kind of limits things.

Summer in Florida starts like next month though. :lol:
Summer crowds don't, though. September has summer-like weather in Florida and the park was empty as can be after 5, even though the park was open until 7. The same will likely apply in February and early March. Spring break season may be a different story, though.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It "didn't work" because Universal never gave it a chance to work. But anyways, that is a discussion for the Volcano Bay thread. Back to Harry Potter....

Reactions: Nick
Is there such thing as a suspended/inverted family coaster? Not sure they're right on that one.

Is there such thing as a suspended/inverted family coaster? Not sure they're right on that one.

Yes, there’s one in legoland

Seems like this may be indicating more to..something else.

@Joe brought back up if I am not wrong, of a possibility that it may be the Inverted Power Coaster from Mack. And that for context, it has been currently used in two locations, Europa Park, and Motiongate Dubai.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm so down for either of those. Technically, now that I think about it, Puss in Boots at USS is a family invert. So there's a few examples.

Reactions: Magistra

We need a Bio update.

That being said, if they are pouring footers now, it's a little early to have supports on site. At least with typical coaster construction. There is a cure time on the footers, and they usually don't want to store the supports and track for months. Not impossible though. If they are indeed pouring footers though, they could have the track completely up and done my mid summer.

I hate the idea of either of those lol
How can they consider either of those a “thrill ride”

Perhaps it should be reminded that it seems like they aren't banking on this going for one direction, but more on a family thrill ride direction.

Quote, from the Universal Orlando Blog when it was announced...
  • This all-new thrill ride will take you deeper into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where you will encounter some of your favorite characters and creatures. It’ll be unlike anything we’ve ever done before and it will be fun for the entire family.
Not everything needs to be something big and for a thrill junkie. And to be honest, you are limiting people with familys if you bank on the thrill aspect the most.

If you use the word thrill, then it needs to be thrilling lol

Then let me ask you, what do you want for a new "Thrill" coaster. Something like Big Thunder and Space, to where it can accomodate mostly everyone, while still being remarkably thrilling for what it is? Or do you want an RnRC/Tron?

Status
Not open for further replies.