Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Dragons is scrap metal, I'm kind of over being upset about it. My new focus is on hoping its a better ride than either Potter ride. I mean aren't rides supposed to "improve and evolve" as time goes on? There is no reason this shouldn't be the best ride in both parks when it opens. If it's lesser than, then it's a failure in my humble opinion.

I've given up all hope that it will ever be as thrilling as Dragons.

At this point, I would be happy if Universal backs up and uses a tried ride system and merely sets out to make the experience the best that there is.

well that would qualify as an evolution. I don't need a new ride system. Just a ride that blows me away.

that and it has THREE lift hills...how many successful coasters have that many lift hills for such a short ride? I really like BTM, I'm just saying if it were in any other park, that would probably be a nitpick.
Almost all of the "runaway mine train" type coasters have more than one lift (even the Six Flags ones). Why, dont know, but it seems some sort of tradition I guess. :)

Reactions: Mike S
I think the reason for the lift hills is to make the ride seem longer, even thought the track layout it shorter. Similar to how Mummy and Gringotts use brakes and show scenes to make it seem longer. Dragon Challenge is a shorter ride (time wise) even though the ride layout is a lot longer.

Also, there was an interview a while back where Woodbury mentioned that Universal was moving towards less and less "thrill" rides in terms of technical aspects and rely on the story for the thrill.

Last edited:
You guys act like we never get aerial updates :lol:

We get aerials at the very least every other week, sometimes weekly. Just a few years ago, before bio started doing this, we rarely ever got aerial updates and the ones we were getting were mostly from WDW focused sites, so they didn't explore UOR. Bio spreads the love.

We get aerials at the very least every other week, somethings weekly. Just a few years ago, before bio started doing this, we rarely ever got aerial updates and the ones we were getting were mostly from WDW focused sites, so they didn't explore UOR. Bio spreads the love.

We’re an impatient bunch but everybody loves Bio, no doubt about it. If Twitter was monetised by post views, he could probably afford his own helicopter from this forum alone.

We get aerials at the very least every other week, somethings weekly. Just a few years ago, before bio started doing this, we rarely ever got aerial updates and the ones we were getting were mostly from WDW focused sites, so they didn't explore UOR. Bio spreads the love.

Yeah we really are spoiled now. I remember when Diagon was being built, someone doing Paypal on here to rent a copter for pics.

But we are needy and spoiled.....

Reactions: Skold and Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.