Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
will there be a locker area? If so it will be improved... RIGHT?!?!?!
Outside of the scope of the initial plans, so if they are planning on re-vamping the lockers, it will come later. But I doubt it will change at all to be honest.

No more metal detectors though, as far as I know. So pocket contents should be allowed on the ride, just like Gringotts, which will cut down on required locker use A LOT.

Outside of the scope of the initial plans, so if they are planning on re-vamping the lockers, it will come later. But I doubt it will change at all to be honest.

No more metal detectors though, as far as I know. So pocket contents should be allowed on the ride, just like Gringotts, which will cut down on required locker use A LOT.

That's what I assumed as the ride won't come close to guest areas.

To recap: no Shrieking Shack, no snow, no extension of Hogsmeade, no extra pathways or more shops. Instead we get a coaster ride that takes up allll that real estate, which is pretty exciting in its own right.

Do you think there will be a viewing area over the ride or will this be mostly hidden from the public?

I think DD had one of the most iconic views of any coaster.

Dueling_Dragons_by_NoushinNienor.jpg

So no Shrieking Shack. That's fine, but it still leaves unanswered the question of what the three buildings in this ride are going to be themed as. Are they just going to be hidden with rock work, so that we're zipping through random rocky crags and caves in the middle of the forest?

The Shrieking Shack isn't a fascinating location in and of itself, but other than the Black Lake it's the only thing that we should be able to see from Hogsmeade that we can't, so I was hoping they'd rectify that somehow with this ride. I also really want Puddifoot's to be a real tea shop, however I am also excited that we're getting a giant roller coaster, so, it's all good. (Personally I think what they should do with the Shrieking Shack is to make a playground space out of it. From a distance the house will be full of shrieking and moving walls, but it's not haunted, it's just kids climbing around inside.)

Speaking of the Black Lake, is that what the giant hole in the ground is going to represent in this new ride, or is that just going to be a lower section of forest?

I don't just want the Shrieking Shack. I also want a full Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, and the only thing that happened there was that Harry made Cho cry.

If you Google "places in Hogsmeade" and compare that to the shops and store fronts of Hogsmeade, they're pretty much all represented at least as a storefront: Honeydukes. Hog's Head Pub. Dervish and Banges. Owl post. The Three Broomsticks. Gladrags Wizardwear. Zonko's Joke Shop. Dominic Maestro's Music Shop, Spintwitches Sporting Needs, and Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop (as a storefront). Check, check, check, and check. What's missing? The Shrieking Shack.

Yes, the creatures that inhabit the Forbidden Forest may provide sufficient theming in and of themselves. But why would you prefer nothing but rocks to an iconic building that is an integral part of the Hogsmeade landscape? At worst, I could see a "Meh, it would be cool to have a forced perspective Shrieking Shack in the distance but I can do without it," but all this vociferous outrage in defense of structures representing "interiors of the forest"? What's next, a proposal to insert a generic Tower Hamlets highrise landscape in place of the Ministry of Magic? After all, the MoM is just a sterile administrative office full of meddlesome bureaucrats, right?
Because it’s not worth getting worked up over if it’s not there. And last I checked the Shack isn’t inside the forest.

So no Shrieking Shack. That's fine, but it still leaves unanswered the question of what the three buildings in this ride are going to be themed as. Are they just going to be hidden with rock work, so that we're zipping through random rocky crags and caves in the middle of the forest?

The Shrieking Shack isn't a fascinating location in and of itself, but other than the Black Lake it's the only thing that we should be able to see from Hogsmeade that we can't, so I was hoping they'd rectify that somehow with this ride. I also really want Puddifoot's to be a real tea shop, however I am also excited that we're getting a giant roller coaster, so, it's all good. (Personally I think what they should do with the Shrieking Shack is to make a playground space out of it. From a distance the house will be full of shrieking and moving walls, but it's not haunted, it's just kids climbing around inside.)

Speaking of the Black Lake, is that what the giant hole in the ground is going to represent in this new ride, or is that just going to be a lower section of forest?
At least for IoA I always got the impression that the central lagoon fills in for the black lake.

Do you think there will be a viewing area over the ride or will this be mostly hidden from the public?

I think DD had one of the most iconic views of any coaster.

Dueling_Dragons_by_NoushinNienor.jpg
No viewing area I think. In fact maybe even a little building built here to block the view entirely. After you enter through to the other side though, you should have an exquisite view of a large part of the ride, so like a grand reveal as you enter I'm guessing.

One in the middle will likely be rockwork. The other two will be themed as things.

It is.

Universal should be ashamed. How could they dare finally putting a much higher themed ride in this spot with hopefully little to no screens without including a beaten down shack with nothing special about it in and of itself. Heresy I tell you!!!

And before you say “Lupin became a Werewolf there!!!” So what? Harry learned he was a Wizard in that house in the middle of nowhere and I don’t see clamoring for that. I also don’t see clamoring for a place like Godric’s Hollow or the cave where the Horcrux Locket was (wouldn’t that be something, and also terrifying). Werewolves could easily just live in the Forest itself. I’m pretty sure during the kids first trip there Malfoy even says that they do.

And you call ME grumpy.

So there is a precident for a cave in Hogsmeade. In the fourth book, Harry goes to visit Sirius and Buckbeak in a cave on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. (They camped out here while on the lamb.) Hagrid does the same thing with Grawp in the fifth book, and again when Umbridge fires him. It’s a little messy with the location of the forbidden forest though.

So there is a precident for a cave in Hogsmeade. In the fourth book, Harry goes to visit Sirius and Buckbeak in a cave on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. (They camped out here while on the lamb.) Hagrid does the same thing with Grawp in the fifth book, and again when Umbridge fires him. It’s a little messy with the location of the forbidden forest though.
I think the ride is more castle grounds than Hogsmeade.

I think the ride is more castle grounds than Hogsmeade.

It would be cool to see the Durmstrang ship and the Beauxbatons carriage, but it would be odd for a coaster to enter inside either of those. It's doubtful they'll do something as large as the quidditch pitch or maze, either. The Whomping Willow and Hagrid's hut, as well as the Chamber of Secrets to some extent, have already been done, and dragons are unlikely. So that leaves the Owlery, the Boat House, and the hippogriff paddock unless you continue further into the forest itself.

So I'm going to go with the Boat House as the entry and exit point and the Owlery as the tall structure, if both are actually buildings, that is.

Is it possible the ride vehicle could be composed of miniature boats that Hagrid accidentally sends flying through the air with an overly enthusiastic wave of his pink umbrella, or that a giant squid tentacle launches into the air? Perhaps the tall structure is just a giant squid tentacle? Is it anywhere near the water?

Last edited:
The boathouse wouldn't work because it is located at the foot of the mountain. I don't think moving it makes sense. Technically we should see the back of Hogwarts but it wouldn't be as cool. But I could see them doing the Owlery somewhere, it was in the original concept art but it was behind the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.