Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the park does not become Harry Potter Studios Florida, I just think we do not need too much Harry Potter

It’s a license to print money. There’s been plenty of rides I haven’t cared about but I know that those rides have led to the development of ones I do care about.

oFeYNpD.gif

I wonder if the interior of Hagrid’s hut might be featured in the queue.

I wonder if the existing model is big enough to open up (theme the inside) and have us walk through it during the outdoor portion of the queue... otherwise, I highly doubt it. We will definitely at least see the back of the existing model while on the outdoor queue, as we did with Dragon Challenge.

Too, if carriages, will there be tow shafts out front attached to apparently nothing?

If we do have carriages as ride vehicles (and I believe we should, although insiders keep pointing otherwise), then the carriages should just be enchanted, and not pulled by Thestrals. I would much rather see Thestral AAs in the queue. Also, today I rode Flight of the Hippogriff and let me tell you, Buckbeak has looked better; his "scalp" looked badly cracked. The least outdoor AAs, the better... unless they're all metal *cough*Anglia*cough*.

Reactions: tankart150
I hope the park does not become Harry Potter Studios Florida, I just think we do not need too much Harry Potter

Universal decided long ago to build a Harry Potter theme park; they just decided to divide it up between the two existing theme parks, to phase it in one sectionat a time, and use the income from it to replace older rides and to add a water park and eventually a third theme park. For people who don't like Harry Potter, I get that it's annoying to see the Wizarding World taking over old rides, but those rides were in need of replacement anyway, and for every WW attraction added, other attractions are being added that are based on other properties.

If they had built an entirely separate Wizarding World theme park instead of building it as a train-connected theme park in the midst of 2 older theme parks, all the money earned would have gone purely to the WW instead of towards refurbishment of older attractions and the addition of many of the attractions that have been built the last few years. Is that really what people would have preferred,or do they just not realize that the approach Universal chose is a win/win for everyone?

I haven't seen it recently, but I'm not sure if this has been discussed in this thread before... Hagrid is the obvious choice to "host" this attraction, but he's already "hosting" Flight of the Hippogriff AND also appears in Forbidden Journey. Wouldn't it be cool if Luna Lovegood "hosted" this attraction through the Forbidden Forest, or at least made an appearance? I would LOVE that. Luna (and Evanna Lynch who portrays her in the movies) are really beloved in the fandom.

I haven't seen it recently, but I'm not sure if this has been discussed in this thread before... Hagrid is the obvious choice to "host" this attraction, but he's already "hosting" Flight of the Hippogriff AND also appears in Forbidden Journey. Wouldn't it be cool if Luna Lovegood "hosted" this attraction through the Forbidden Forest, or at least made an appearance? I would LOVE that. Luna (and Evanna Lynch who portrays her in the movies) are really beloved in the fandom.
I’d be all for a Luna led preshow!

Last edited:
Congratulations to Theme Park University for being the first to publish an article using my track layout image! It looks like a pretty good, thorough article actually. Reading it now. And thanks for giving my website proper credit, much appreciated!

An In-Depth Look at Hagrid's Roller Coaster Headed to Islands of Adventure in 2019 - Theme Park University

EDIT: There’s something correct in here I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned before. Nice.
I just saw it over there. Congratulations. I recognized your work and checked to make sure that you got proper credit.

Congratulations to Theme Park University for being the first to publish an article using my track layout image! It looks like a pretty good, thorough article actually. Reading it now. And thanks for giving my website proper credit, much appreciated!

An In-Depth Look at Hagrid's Roller Coaster Headed to Islands of Adventure in 2019 - Theme Park University

EDIT: There’s something correct in here I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned before. Nice.
Congrats alicia you deserve it!!!

Damn it.. they seem pretty sure about the motorbike. Sigh

Universal decided long ago to build a Harry Potter theme park; they just decided to divide it up between the two existing theme parks, to phase it in one sectionat a time, and use the income from it to replace older rides and to add a water park and eventually a third theme park. For people who don't like Harry Potter, I get that it's annoying to see the Wizarding World taking over old rides, but those rides were in need of replacement anyway, and for every WW attraction added, other attractions are being added that are based on other properties.

If they had built an entirely separate Wizarding World theme park instead of building it as a train-connected theme park in the midst of 2 older theme parks, all the money earned would have gone purely to the WW instead of towards refurbishment of older attractions and the addition of many of the attractions that have been built the last few years. Is that really what people would have preferred,or do they just not realize that the approach Universal chose is a win/win for everyone?
Besides, it gives more crowds to both parks

Status
Not open for further replies.