Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 442 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we have referred to Taron on this thread, I wonder if the team involved in its creation and its fans are monitoring the construction on this project. I hope they enjoy the comparisons!
Hey, just want to give my opinion to "Taron [..]fans are monitoring the construction" because I am from Germany and I am very active in the local theme park community the most are only slightly interested in the new Harry Potter Coaster (at least there is not much talk about it). Besides that I like to watch the Construction updates and looking at the thread from time to time without writing sth.

Hey, just want to give my opinion to "Taron [..]fans are monitoring the construction" because I am from Germany and I am very active in the local theme park community the most are only slightly interested in the new Harry Potter Coaster (at least there is not much talk about it). Besides that I like to watch the Construction updates and looking at the thread from time to time without writing sth.
Having done Taron can you draw any parallels or departures between what you see being built here and Taron?

Having done Taron can you draw any parallels or departures between what you see being built here and Taron?
The problem is that Phantasialand has there own way of building stuff because there space is very limited so it is really hard to compare. Especially when it comes to theming I would say Phantasialand is superior to Universal. But when I have to make a tip I would say May/June

Reactions: JoeCamel
^ Exactly. You’re missing the mark if you’re comparing this HP coaster to Taron. HP is going to feel much more like a high tech mine train than a powerful double launch coaster. Yes the HP ride launches 7 times but aside from the Hagrid Hut launch and the final launch the other LSM fields will feel more like boosts. If you want a good Taron comparison look no further than the new JP coaster

^ Exactly. You’re missing the mark if you’re comparing this HP coaster to Taron. HP is going to feel much more like a high tech mine train than a powerful double launch coaster. Yes the HP ride launches 7 times but aside from the Hagrid Hut launch and the final launch the other LSM fields will feel more like boosts. If you want a good Taron comparison look no further than the new JP coaster
I don't think anyone is comparing HP to Taron in terms of layout at all. As you said, the only real similarity is that they both have multiple LSM launches. I think that people have been using Taron as a comparison because both have immersive and extensive theming, rather than just bare, unthemed coasters.

Taron is a thrill ride, but not an immersive ride.
The JP coaster will be much closer to taron then the new HP coaster.

Kluheim (where taron is located) is the best themed zone you can find in europe, including a table service restaurant where everything is themed. The decor, the table and chairs, the metal menu’s and even the food. So shinigami has a point. But I expect the new HP ride to be better themed then Taron on its own.

The problem is that Phantasialand has there own way of building stuff because there space is very limited so it is really hard to compare. Especially when it comes to theming I would say Phantasialand is superior to Universal. But when I have to make a tip I would say May/June
Ah, and you said you didn't want to writing sth. ;)

Reactions: Shinigami
I'm comparing HP coaster to Big Grizzly Mountain at Hong Kong Disney

It’s as close of a comparison as we can get, of course. And that’s a great coaster with a similar pace, even.

But I don’t think the HP Coaster will be able to be compared to any coaster. I think anything you try to compare it to would be the equivalent of comparing Dr Doom to Tower of Terror.

I think it’s going to stand out that much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.