Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see it during the day time and I’ll judge. It’s called “fluffy” but the texture of it looks off.

giphy.gif

I mean, it’s a good concern to have. They showed it to us in this lighting because it’s likely the best way to see it.

How does it look in daylight?

I don't have any concern about AA fur. It's a nitpicky critique.

It looks good. You see the AA for seconds, and they went above and beyond to make all 3 heads move. You're not petting the damn thing.

At night it’ll most likely look great but I’m not gonna drool over these dark pictures. I just want to see it in the day time. IOA is barely open late throughout the year so most people will see it during the day anyway.

I do love the whiskers.

My only concern with the day time would be if the eyes are backlit and not animatronic.

Having said that, the day time will allow for more detail to be seen so it’s swings and roundabouts.
I'm guessing they're also reflective, so should reflect sunlight and look alive. Plus, the video looks like they have eyelids that open/close, which is neato.

Holy crap, that animatronic looks great. Was expecting just the one head to have motion, per insiders here, but thrilled to see the fluidity of independent motion across the entire figure... sure to be an excellent set piece!
I wonder if we were just wrong, or if this was part of the rumored improvements and "plussing" (to borrow a Disney term) we heard about earlier this year.

Lots of things have changed from what we originally heard, including the Anglia moving from an earlier scene to the cave, etc.

Now, I wonder what we'll get to see tomorrow for the Cornish Pixies. If they are animatronics, I guess we'll be getting our first look at them. If not, I expect we'll just see still frames from the films or drawings.

I wonder if we were just wrong, or if this was part of the rumored improvements and "plussing" (to borrow a Disney term) we heard about earlier this year.

Lots of things have changed from what we originally heard, including the Anglia moving from an earlier scene to the cave, etc.

Now, I wonder what we'll get to see tomorrow for the Cornish Pixies. If they are animatronics, I guess we'll be getting our first look at them. If not, I expect we'll just see still frames from the films or drawings.

I was being conservative and reporting only what I knew for sure.

I was being conservative and reporting only what I knew for sure.
I had actually heard from someone that claimed to see early plans that only the middle head was animatronic. Figured we were moving by as we passed so it wouldn't matter. I did not expect all three heads — or even blinking eyes for that matter — so this is far beyond my expectations!

Fluffy looks AMAZING!! :bigeye: So realistic and the movements are great!!

Heck yeah another media blitz. I hope they include the centaurs since I’m scared i haven’t seen them pop up yet in photos.

Also really hoping to see Centaurs; they're my most anticipated creature. Tomorrow is obviously Pixies from the hint and I'm curious to check out those, too. I want to figure out where they'll be... Probably in the queue, maybe in the floating candle room from Dragon Challenge / frozen knight & horse room from Dueling Dragons?

What do y'all think they'll feature the other 3 days? Could we finally see the Blast-Ended Skrewt? I'd guess:
4/15 - Fluffy
4/16 - Cornish Pixies
4/17 - Unicorn
4/18 - Centaur
4/19 - Blast-Ended Skrewt

I don't expect to see devil's snare or the Hagrid AA (not a creature, lol). Hagrid should look great, too. They already had a Hagrid animatronic head for the films years and years ago, so Hagrid 2019 should be pretty amazing!

Speaking of the Anglia being moved....A key insider who had seen the original plans said there was spiders in the , at that time, cave that fully enclosed the backwards start of the track. But once that was changed, and the cave shortened, it seemed spiders would be gone since there's not much of a cave there now. But, I was thinking that since the Ford Anglia was next to the spider cave in chamber of Secrets film, that perhaps the spiders are still there in that cave since the Ford's been relocated...I guess we'll soon find out for sure.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Anglia being moved....A key insider who had seen the original plans said there was spiders in the , at that time, cave that fully enclosed the backwards start of the track. But once that was changed, and the cave shortened, it seemed spiders would be gone since there's not much of a cave there now. But, I was thinking that since the Ford Anglia was next to the spider cave in chamber of Secrets film, that perhaps they are still there in that cave since the Ford's been relocated...I guess we'll soon find out for sure.
Could just have a spider or two hiding in that quick little cave dip. I could see it. Non-moving probably though

Status
Not open for further replies.