Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa whoa whoa... “Lockers”... to the LEFT.

<--Dragons fanboy, but dear Jesus those lockers were awful. Long line to enter a tiny hut while having to memorize your locker number or it could take an hour being packed like sardines trying to scout every single locker to find your stuff.

(Happened to me once. In contrast, Hulk's lockers are very efficient. Wide open, just scan your ID and wa-la! :))

<--Dragons fanboy, but dear Jesus those lockers were awful. Long line to enter a tiny hut while having to memorize your locker number or it could take an hour being packed like sardines trying to scout every single locker to find your stuff.

(Happened to me once. In contrast, Hulk's lockers are very efficient. Wide open, just scan your ID and wa-la! :))

Welp, those aren’t lockers anymore. Not sure what it’ll be now. Would be a good place to put (or move) a butterbeer stand, honestly.

I’m assuming lockers are behind the wall after you turn left now? But cant see from that pic.

A little off topic but I'm sure one of you would know. At the end of gringotts when the dragon saves you...right before Fred says his goodbyes....what exactly does the train do? Because I've been on the ride plenty of times and can never get over that final "wtf"

A little off topic but I'm sure one of you would know. At the end of gringotts when the dragon saves you...right before Fred says his goodbyes....what exactly does the train do? Because I've been on the ride plenty of times and can never get over that final "wtf"

Plain and simple, the train is launched into a S curve, and in the S curve the cars literally spin a bit!

I anticipate single riders to be shut more often that not during the busy periods. And would be surprised if they opened with it.

Just like HRRR because of the two in a row seating, more often than not I’ve found it a longer wait in single rider than the actual queue.

A feel like the reason single riders wouldn't be open right off the bat is mostly because it is one less thing for the "caretakers" to have to deal with trying to manage during a time when they're still getting to know the operational flow of the ride. This is especially true since the crew has had VERY little time with the ride so far.

Welp, those aren’t lockers anymore. Not sure what it’ll be now. Would be a good place to put (or move) a butterbeer stand, honestly.

I’m assuming lockers are behind the wall after you turn left now? But cant see from that pic.

It appears that the lockers are in an even smaller building now - the former merch storage building that was immediately to the left of the Dragon Challenge entrance.

Here's the beginning of the discussion about the new location from a few weeks ago:

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

So I’m sure that hagrid won’t have soft today but is there any chance I would be able to see it running today? And it so where is the best place to view it?

So I’m sure that hagrid won’t have soft today but is there any chance I would be able to see it running today? And it so where is the best place to view it?
Hogwarts Express queue (IoA to Studios) is probably the best spot, but you can see small bits of track from the bridge going into Hogsmeade from JP, as well as next to the entrance of Three Broomsticks

Lockers (both the requirements to use them and the cramped, hot spaces they occupy, continue to be one of the most common complaints at Universal guest services so I'd be sad if this ride opens with the same circle of hell scenario that Forbidden Journey still has.

If Universal's legal team insists on remaining stricter and more paranoid about being sued than every theme park operator on the planet (including Disney which is no small feat) they have got to find a way to make the process seamless. The relocation of the Mummy lockers to the Paradise Theater and the removal of the fingerprint scans were steps in the right direction but then they went ahead and shrunk down the free lockers to the size of a postage stamp which was kind of one step forward, two steps back. And then of course there is the absolute hilarious hypocrisy of requiring lockers on a ride like Men in Black in the name of safety while at the same time having thrilling and highly turbulent water rides that would effectively ruin your belongings if brought on-board with "optional" lockers that you have to pay for. I'd argue backpacks placed in the bottom of a log on Dudley is far more "unsafe" than some of the other rides that require lockers.

Meanwhile at Disney you can hop on Rock N' Rollercoaster, Dinosaur, Space Mountain, and Tower of Terror with an army backpack, shopping bags, a pet carrier, a beach umbrella, and an antique bedroom credenza and cast members will just say, "please place everything on the floor at your feet."

Status
Not open for further replies.