1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by Brian G., Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

By Hogsmeade Station, you can see it pass by trees a little bit; and over near the JP side Hogsmeade entrance, you can see it zip up through the Ruins.

2. MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly Rookie

Also it’s the most infuriating thing in the world when a a family of 5 all insist on standing in the locker room. Wish these people would engage their brain, or get the TM’s to drill it into guests.

truejonas and Andysol like this.
  3. Riler

Riler Rookie

Ive never really understood the locker complaints. Forbidden Journey was the worst from my memory, but other than being a mild inconvenience and my lousy eyes not being able to see where I was going, I didnt really see much of an issue. I totally prefer the finger print lockers as well, I love the peace of mind of not having my ticket in and out of wallet and tucked away safely. I cant ever recall having a problem re-opening my locker with them either. I do remember observing others struggling to follow the clear instructions for doing so though.

4. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Rookie

Haha so true. Disney operations are so smooth because they don't deal with loose article BS.

5. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

They're not. Lockers are mandatory on several attractions throughout Cedar Fair, Six Flags, and (I believe) Busch parks.

6. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Lockers, or leaving items with non rider, are mandatory for nearly all coasters at BGT and SWO, yes. And they all cost money.

EDIT: They do have free cubbies at the load areas, but that's for glasses, hats, and flip flops. They don't usually let bags get that far in line.

CyborgDinosaur likes this.
  7. Jonathan Edewaard

Jonathan Edewaard Newcomer

I appreciate that they have a "one day locker price" at SW, so you can transfer your locker all day instead of buying a new one each time. It's a rather manageable system if you're there all day

8. Fluffy's Caretaker

Fluffy's Caretaker Newcomer

I know there are lockers in the location on to the left of the entrance and I think there are still some in the old spot for Dragon Challenge.

9. Joe

Sooooooo anyone in the park today?

HPFred, Joel, SpatulaShack and 2 others like this.
  10. SpatulaShack

SpatulaShack Member

From my experience the TMs typically do tell large groups that they should send only one or two members of their party into the locker room area but that isn't always tenable depending on the type of group.

I also never had a problem with the fingerprint scanner lockers but it's undeniable that plenty of average guests did which caused a snowball effect on everyone else trying to retrieve items. Honestly, no matter how perfectly they design the lockers the very process of diverting such a large number of guests into an area to store and retrieve items will always be an uphill battle based on volume alone.

Per Cedar Fair and Busch Gardens rules, "Items must be safely secured in a sealed pocket, a waist pack, left in a locker or with a non-rider." The official policy is "loose items" are not permitted but you can absolutely have a small fanny pack with your wallet and keys so long as its secured. At Great Adventure the only two rides that don't allow personal items are Kingda Ka (for VERY obvious reasons) and El Toro due to the insane amounts of ejector negative Gs produced on the ride. Every other ride including massive coasters like Nitro allow small backpacks, phones, and anything else for that matter as long as they are "secured" at all times during the ride. This is different than the current TSA style measures in place at Hulk and Rockit where three pennies zipped in a cargo pant have to be removed.

11. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

On FJ the TM's constantly scream to the guests arriving, only one in the locker room and the rest of the family or party are to stay out and stand to the left. Universal really needs to 'move' the lockers to another area, but the TM's are basically doing the best they can under the circumstances......Hulk & Mummy lockers are pretty easy & smooth now.

12. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Some of the walls *were* down for filming I think, but they're probably back up now. I wonder what they were filming/photographing for? May have just been photos of the empty entrance to use on the official website or something. WDW tends to do that, photograph rides early in the morning as the sun comes up, that way there aren't any guests in the pics.

I haven't seen confirmation yet, but I have a feeling the walls are still up today.

HPFred, Ryno27 and allaboutthatchase like this.
  13. SpatulaShack

SpatulaShack Member

I've been creeping all over twitter and while I haven't gotten a definitive answer, I'd say you're right since people are less likely to post pictures of the status quo. Soon!!!!!

14. Joe

Just, no. I've been to ten parks this summer so far and no (including Steel Vengeance which I had to walk through a metal detector to ride).

CyborgDinosaur likes this.
  15. Grits0808

Grits0808 Newcomer

Currently sitting by Dervish and Banges. Walls are still up

HPFred, Bozobrain24, Alicia and 8 others like this.
  16. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Ryno27 and Grits0808 like this.
  17. SpatulaShack

SpatulaShack Member

Interesting. I had no idea about Vengeance requiring metal detectors since I haven't been to Cedar Point in a few years but I was quoting Busch Gardens official website regarding their policy and I visit Great Adventure every year so I'm not pulling this out of my bum. Every ride at Cedar Point per their website EXCEPT Steel Vengeance allows personal items on board as long as they are placed in "secure" cargo pockets or waist packs. Straight from the site: "All loose items not able to be stored in cargo pockets or waist packs must be left in a locker or with a non-rider prior to entering the line." In the end, even if the damn Ferris Wheel at Cedar Point forced you to use lockers I don't think Universal should be trying to mimic these parks when Disney is the clear market leader and manages just fine without them on rides like Everest, Space Mountain, RNR, Dinosaur, Tower, etc. and when you blatantly allow back packs and loose articles on rides like Dudley which is clearly more intense and less secure for personal items than others (and then you charge for THOSE lockers knowing people will want to use them to avoid their items getting soaked) strikes me as dishonest and hypocritical. Is it about safety or is it not about safety? Is a phone dropped from Dudley (which travels directly over and under guests both on-ride and off) less of a concern than a purse falling 3 inches to the ground from a Men in Black ride vehicle?

Anyway, I'm getting off topic as I tend to do. Back to Hagrid.

HPFred, therock and jrn14 like this.
  18. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Thanks! Everyone just blew by your comment on that discussion, didn't they? Hah

Looks like 3 entrances/exits based on that overhead shot. Is that where the ride exit will occur also?
    If so, there might be a 4th on the backend. If not, then riders will have to walk back to that location. Why, oh why didn't they make that building larger? They had the room around it.

I never minded them either... until my last two/three trips. Have anything bigger than a wallet? Like, say, I don't know... a wand? You're screwed. You have to pay for whatever locker you use if you need the larger (formerly regular) size. They downsized the lockers to a tiny size and are nickel and diming like a Six Flags would. Not a world class theme park. It's embarrassing, actually.

All I can do is do the survey at the end of the day sharing those sentiments. But it's pathetic and cheapens the park a ton.

HPFred, violarum and therock like this.
  19. RFRees

RFRees Member

That seems like a huge exaggeration. Maybe your magic staff doesn't fit in there but I'm fairly certain all (or nearly all) of the wands fit.

During my visit yesterday (specifically Mummy), I stuffed my medium sized backpack in there, along with my large water bottle and phone, and still had room for more. When I visit with my GF, we take two lockers if needed and remove items from the backpack if necessary.

I can't wait til the change comes to FJ*.

Edit*: fixed

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  20. devinp267

devinp267 Premium Member

^^FJ

allaboutthatchase likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.