Hall of Presidents | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Hall of Presidents

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I stand towards it.

The speech is tolerable, but what drags this all down is the animatronic. For my taste, it looks very badly in the uncanny valley; and looks more like a cartoon character as opposed with a living being. Maybe it'd look better in a more natural light, but I really, really don't like it.

I am glad to see HoP back, but I think they should've made some changes to the animatronic to be frank.

The speech is tolerable, but what drags this all down is the animatronic. For my taste, it looks very badly in the uncanny valley; and looks more like a cartoon character as opposed with a living being. Maybe it'd look better in a more natural light, but I really, really don't like it.

I am glad to see HoP back, but I think they should've made some changes to the animatronic to be frank.

Same. I’ve seen him in person and pretty close up and he doesn’t look like that. He’s not as fat nor does he have bags underneath his eyes.

I really like they are using photographs in the backdrop especially the one with the White House. I also like that he seems to acknowledge his presence on the stage with the other presidents. It seems to me I remember all the past speeches seemed a little less connected. All in all better than I expected, can’t wait to see it in person.

Taking out this attraction would of been disrespectful to all the previous presidents. I'm glad Disney decided to keep it regardless of backlash.

Eh, I honestly put it more to that it's more of a problem now, since the Clinton animatronic was added with actual lines from the president.

Either way, you are going to trigger people off in one way or another.

In ten years nobody will care that he has been added to the show.

Here's the thing, even in 10 years if HoP still exists (which I see the future of HoP becoming more and more problematic..); it will be most likely with another political figure. My question is, do they cut the speaking role with the next animatronic if HoP stays that long.

Eh, I honestly put it more to that it's more of a problem now, since the Clinton animatronic was added with actual lines from the president.

Either way, you are going to trigger people off in one way or another.

Here's the thing, even in 10 years if HoP still exists (which I see the future of HoP becoming more and more problematic..); it will be most likely with another political figure. My question is, do they cut the speaking role with the next animatronic if HoP stays that long.

If it’s the first female president in 2020 people would call the move misogynistic. (Ivanka or Michelle Obama)

Honestly I think the issue is a little overblown. Sure people boo and stuff like that, but for the most part it goes okay. That’s pretty much business as usual for HoP and the vast majority are able to enjoy it for what it is.

Hall of presidents should never leave. We will always have presidents that we like and dislike. I still know people that hate Nixon with a passion and yet the show is still there without issue. I think having presidents that we like and dislike gives the show a bit of charm lol People will flock to it to love or hate it. The show will always be relevant because it's always changing. It's timeless because of that. If you really dislike anything regarding the new president than you should simply skip it. It's very simple. Go ride Haunted Mansion or something lol

Thank you. I was watching it and thinking okay the speech is pretty good, but then I looked closer at the figure and was totally thrown off. It's like they left a Trump from Madame Tusssauds out in the sun too long.

I didn’t realize the White House changes to match it’s historical appearance as each Presidents name is called. I really like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.