Hall of Presidents | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Hall of Presidents

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE: I have unlocked the thread for replies, but this thread must stick to the rumor at hand for now and the future of this attraction space. You guys have been great at keeping personal politics out of the COVID Vaccine thread and sticking to the topic, so I trust we can be civil and do the same here or the thread will lock again.

While I generally dislike the change, I can't hate on any Muppet additions. I'm sure whatever the show ends up being will be great.

Do we have any idea what will happen to the AAs of the presidents?

While I generally dislike the change, I can't hate on any Muppet additions. I'm sure whatever the show ends up being will be great.

Do we have any idea what will happen to the AAs of the presidents?
Most are limited movement AAs. The Lincoln and Trump AA shells are the only ones that would be worth saving for anything imo. But even then, the rumor is they want to rid the park of this because of it's polarization, but really, the rumor it's to cut down on maintenance costs and also having to update every time there's a new President.

If this is Muppets with Lin Manual Miranda and Weird Al still involved, then sign me up. That seems like an easy, EASY, home run.
For those unfamiliar, this was the rumor from WDWPro about Lin and Weird Al that came out over the summer:
What I've been informed of is that Disney is interested in getting away from the polarization inherent in Hall of Presidents as it currently is formatted. They're also interested in not spending large sums each time a new president is elected. Therefore Disney has reached out and is in talks with Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al Yankovic to write and direct a new Hall of Presidents theater show that would be non partisan and more timeless. This would not be a direct import of Hamilton, but might feature some influence. I have no info whatsoever about the animatronics or the costumes, but I can't fathom Disney discarding them. I'm told the vision of the show is "historical but witty".

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Legacy
Eh, I understand why they want to change it, but I still disagree with them replacing a show that honors our nation’s history with a more “silly” show. This brings back memories of when DL wanted to replace Lincoln with Muppet Vision but backed out due to the backlash. I love the Muppets and I understand the kerfluffle behind this, but I’m kinda disappointed they’re going this route. I wish they would just keep the show the same but add the Biden AA.

Also are they adding Biden to the show or are they just going to start from scratch?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Eh, I understand why they want to change it, but I still disagree with them replacing a show that honors our nation’s history with a more “silly” show. This brings back memories of when DL wanted to replace Lincoln with Muppet Vision but backed out due to the backlash. I love the Muppets and I understand the kerfluffle behind this, but I’m kinda disappointed they’re going this route. I wish they would just keep the show the same but add the Biden AA.

Also are they adding Biden to the show or are they just going to start from scratch?
If they go the Muppet route, Biden presumably would not be added as the whole reason they want to do muppets is to avoid the partisan politics of it all and to not have to replace AAs all the time.

I mean if there was ever a President who was the most grandpa like who’d probbaly play with the Muppets w/his geandkids, it’d be Joe haha.

Great idea though, I guarantee you most children don’t care about this attraction whatsoever. The politics in our nation is too fragile right now to have a show reminding us of that in a DISNEY theme park. Good idea to get LMM on board, I have no doubts as he’s created 2 award winning shows, if anything it’s about time he shows some influence on the parks.

While I don’t doubt this could be the way they go, I don’t think that’s the announcement the muppets are teasing on social media. I feel this might be announced as “exciting new show” for now if anything, when it closes. With details revealed later.

I have seen Lincoln in DL and really enjoy American Adventure and Hall of Presidents. They are classic and serious moments in an otherwise magical vacation experience and I think they have value and a place in the parks. I would agree that a more timeless and non-partisan show would be appropriate, but if they do a witty, muppets based show, I don’t think it fits here. I say add Biden but stop the speeches for each new president and just introduce them with limited motion AAs. If they want the muppets in that area, in a more permanent home for the skit based show they were doing which I really liked, then maybe come up with another indoor venue or remake the guest service building adjacent to the HOP into a venue.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Here’s the problem, the show was more like an expanded Great Moments originally but shifted in the 90s to focus on the new president. Now it’s just not feasible to do such a show. Get rid of everything and start new, if we’re going all in on entertainment in MK let Epcot be educational. See how Tomorrowland got rid of its educational and grounded stuff for more sci-fi.

I've seen the outdoor show of the Muppets on video and I think it's the best thing Disney has done with that IP in a very long time. If this is going to be an inside show in the same way I would be fine. I think Disney is doing away with personification (in the form of presidents) of a representation where the USA stands for and goes for the spirit it (should) stand for. But then again that is what American Adventure has been doing (with some cultural insensitivities) for a very long time.
The Muppets have their own theater in Disney Studios and that movie is long overdue. I have been waiting for a real Muppet show with real Muppets for a long time so that would be a great replacement (and I want a meet and greet with Miss Piggy).
That leaves the hall to something new. Maybe something that could complement the haunted mansion using a "Bourne" backdrop and real live actors and some illusions to make a funny but scary show.

I still think just turning it into Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln east makes the most sense. Keep the others in the background, no speaking not even standing up, just blinking and occasionally moving slightly while Lincoln speaks. It would be cheap and inexpensive to modify it that way.

Here’s the problem, the show was more like an expanded Great Moments originally but shifted in the 90s to focus on the new president. Now it’s just not feasible to do such a show. Get rid of everything and start new, if we’re going all in on entertainment in MK let Epcot be educational. See how Tomorrowland got rid of its educational and grounded stuff for more sci-fi.

Exactly this.

I don’t see any way they can keep this attraction going without incident. Everybody likes The Muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.