Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this being it's own thread now, here's what I just put in the OP:

Please keep all discussion focused on the Hall of Presidents attraction and please refrain from bringing politics into the conversation as much as possible. Those that go against these parameters are subject to disciplinary action. Thank You. :)

This shows us how "sensitive" people are nowadays.
This. I didn't care that Obama was added. I don't care that Trump is added. I don't care if either speaks. I wouldn't care if were Hilary. They're the president. Case closed.
The fact that people do care speaks a lot to the immaturity and love of whining we have as a people and a country.

Remember when Baseball was our national pastime in America? Now its B*tching.

We probably will hear more boos. But I actually expect to hear almost more applause, too.

Of course, I think that a lot of that will only last early on in it's first year. It should be interesting and i'm sure WDI is navigating this super carefully.

I would not be surprised if security detail is placed inside the attraction in its first week, if not its first month.

This. I didn't care that Obama was added. I don't care that Trump is added. I don't care if either speaks. I wouldn't care if were Hilary. They're the president. Case closed.
The fact that people do care speaks a lot to the immaturity and love of whining we have as a people and a country.

Remember when Baseball was our national pastime in America? Now its B*tching.

Ahem, again: please remain civil and keep politics to a minimum.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember Disney ever actually confirming Trump would speak until this very statement. Or ever saying that the attraction would reopen in late 2017.

I like the idea I've seen a couple of people mention of the attraction featuring a "limited engagement" of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I think that'd be a good way to sidestep the whole issue until the next President.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember Disney ever actually confirming Trump would speak until this very statement. Or ever saying that the attraction would reopen in late 2017.

I like the idea I've seen a couple of people mention of the attraction featuring a "limited engagement" of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I think that'd be a good way to sidestep the whole issue until the next President.

They did 2 days ago, but that was a low level PR person to local Orlando news. This is WDW bluntly putting down rumors that Trump won't speak, which makes this statement carry more weight.

Ahem, again: please remain civil and keep politics to a minimum.

I'm sorry Ryan, but bringing up an argument that he shouldn't have a speaking part is bringing politics into it. If we're going to keep politics out of it- we shouldn't care one way or the other- I certainly don't- I say we just keep it as it is.

If ever there was an attraction to be complacent about- this is it.

Side-stepping Trump would be a really bad move imo. It would be seen as politically motivated and a partisan move. Disney is clearly in a bad spot here, but they need to go forward as they have with every other president. People will do what they will when the show opens, but they'll also probably get ushered out by security.

They were likely holding off waiting for his resignation or impeachment. Looks like they might actually have to waste an AA on this.

I'm sorry Ryan, but bringing up an argument that he shouldn't have a speaking part is bringing politics into it. If we're going to keep politics out of it- we shouldn't care one way or the other- I certainly don't- I say we just keep it as it is.

If ever there was an attraction to be complacent about- this is it.

It's about crowd safety and perception. That said: please watch your tone. Thank you.

Are all of the old presidents still AAs? Will Obama still be an AA (even though he won't speak) or do they get substituted for static figures.

At some point, I would think this ride would be a great place to pillage quality AAs for elsewhere in the resort

Are all of the old presidents still AAs? Will Obama still be an AA (even though he won't speak) or do they get substituted for static figures.

At some point, I would think this ride would be a great place to pillage quality AAs for elsewhere in the resort
Yes, they are all AA's.

If I remember correctly, they either head turn, nod, or some other basic movement, so I don't think they are all full blown AAs. I believe they would scavenge the articulated one for the current president and add a simpler one for the previous.

Yeah they're all AAs with speaking capabilities. The original plan for Disney's America was to move the attraction there and make it a walk-through. You could then individually go up to each president, press a button and watch them come alive and make a speech.

It's about crowd safety and perception.
Oh, I get it- it's about protecting the innocents in the crowds, for sure. Anyone willing to get into fisticuffs over an animatronic can all go in a jail cell as far as I'm concerned.

Side-stepping Trump would be a really bad move imo. It would be seen as politically motivated and a partisan move. Disney is clearly in a bad spot here, but they need to go forward as they have with every other president. People will do what they will when the show opens, but they'll also probably get ushered out by security.
That's been my point- the fact that they are "in a bad spot" is pathetic on our parts as Americans. Why should Disney be in a bad spot? We've gone through how many Presidents, yet this generation is the one that decides to put Disney in a bad spot? Disney should've just put it out- either his speech is ready, or it's not- whether he spoke or not they should've put on Trump. XYZ is the deadline- make it known that's the deadline- then bring back HoP on said date. No concessions to anyone. Be a company that makes a decision and then follows through.

They were likely holding off waiting for his resignation or impeachment. Looks like they might actually have to waste an AA on this.
And I need to watch my tone. Ok.

With this being it's own thread now, here's what I just put in the OP:

Please keep all discussion focused on the Hall of Presidents attraction and please refrain from bringing politics into the conversation as much as possible. Those that go against these parameters are subject to disciplinary action. Thank You. :)
IT'S THE HALL OF PRESIDENTS!! It IS politics. Moron

Adding something I've thought about... For anyone that claims Trump shouldn't be allowed on that stage for the controversial things he's done or said... keep in mind that a good number of the others on that stage owned slaves. Some were impeached or resigned in disgrace. And I'm sure in their day many of them had controversial stances (even for their time.)

The attraction doesn't judge or critique. It simply displays historical figures that all held the office of president for any amount of time.

Okay, it's pretty kind to Washington and puts Lincoln on a pedestal, but other than that it's not there to judge.
This is exactly why this show shouldn't exist in 2017. It's propaganda, period. It conveniently ignores moments of great tragedy in American history. It idealises horrible people that shouldn't be celebrated. Among those figures there's slave owners, sexual predators, traitors, people that have bombed innocent children... This show should stop once and for all.

This is exactly why this show shouldn't exist in 2017. It's propaganda, period. It conveniently ignores moments of great tragedy in American history. It idealises horrible people that shouldn't be celebrated. Among those figures there's slave owners, sexual predators, traitors, people that have bombed innocent children... This show should stop once and for all.
The Obama version wasn't pure propaganda. Morgana Freeman outlined the history of slavery and more of the negative parts of our history during the video segments.

Let me make sure I understand the situation. Traditionally Disney is pretty hands on with the administration when it comes to the speech and attraction, but the Drumpf administration wants to have complete control over the speech, and is causing a hold-up for the attraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.