Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Add capacity and lure back people who already saw the houses. But yeah, that’s it.

But if people aren’t that interested in the houses, it doesn’t actually add much capacity.
Thanks for the clarification.
So does this mean no more houses? (which is what I personally prefer.)
Or is it true casting for a third house happened or is upcoming?

Reactions: londonwerecat
There’s no definite answer right now. Much like everything this year, it’s all up in the air, and there’s a million ways in which it could fall and land.
I just feel if there was going to be more, we'd know by now.
If there was casting for it already then that's a good sign, but I think that was a rumor.

Touring Plans covid era safety crowd calendar adjusted 'observed' times for Universal was a level 10 for USF and a level 7 for IOA yesterday, Tuesday Oct. 13th. Before the houses were open on weekdays those numbers were usually around 2, 3 or 4.

Reactions: londonwerecat
It's unfortunate that interest went down so much.

However - even with the 5-15 wait times for the houses, is it possible they're still profiting with the sale of additional food/merch?

Last week, the weekdays, before the holiday weekend, were also significantly higher than the weekdays before the houses were opened.

Oct. 8 USF Level 7
Oct. 7 USF Level 6
Oct. 6 USF Level 6
Oct. 5 USF Level 6
Okay? Are all these due to the houses, or due to fall breaks going on? Considering the houses have largely been ghost towns, it seems to be mostly the latter. I think the houses have helped a bit, but the daytime houses just obviously do not have the same kind of pull as the whole event.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Okay? Are all these due to the houses, or due to fall breaks going on? Considering the houses have largely been ghost towns, it seems to be mostly the latter. I think the houses have helped a bit, but the daytime houses just obviously do not have the same kind of pull as the whole event.
The numbers jumped once the houses were opened, before the Fall breaks began. My guess is the houses made for an added impetus for people to visit the parks. Even though the house lines aren't as long
as at the beginning, the key is more attendance and more value to the guests. Two houses aren't enough to create a HHN atmosphere, but they are new entertainment to experience. As another poster said, you can't really expect HHN atmosphere in the daylight and heavy heat. They're actually probably better off with the short house lines, thus no negative guest experiences that long lines cause. Bottom line though, more attendance, more food sales, more merch, and hotel occupancy on weekends.
For a paltry two houses, I'd guess the bottom line is a plus. I would doubt any executives thought this would be a replacement for HHn. it's just a good way to create a Fall Festival of sorts with something that was readily available. All they had to add was the staff.

I’m very thankful that Universal opened the two houses they did. I will offer my two cents in the house thread.

Overall I think their seasonal offering scratched the HHN itch. Normally it wouldn’t. But this is 2020. The fact we got two houses, the Tribute store, skeleton bar and scarecrow stalk ... in August that seemed impossible. So grateful to have been able to experience this.

I sure hope they are coming up with different contingencies for 2021. I think opening these houses will assist them next year assuming the pandemic is still wreaking havoc. They should have a good idea as to capacity, throughput, pricing etc. A huge factor is also how effectively they were able to traverse this event without covid ripping through their staff. Don’t discount the value of this event in assisting them plan for next year.