Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And thus, King Murdy decreed: from hence forth, no face actors shall be cast, for the danger of leaks is much too great.

Kidding. Great news about ghostbusters apparently having face actors, though to be honest, if they can't find anyone that looks like Murray or Akyroyd or whoever, it's going to be very jarring. If it's only for one or two scenes, it shouldn't be an issue, but if the ghostbusters are regular scares, it's going to be very odd to see Venkman subtly change faces every time you go through. Then again, I expect most of the scares to be Zuul and the hounds, Slimer, and Stay-Pufft, with cameos by the Librarian, the subway spirit and the zombie cabbie. Also, hopefully some deliberately sketchy looking projection effects to simulate those 80's matte paintings.

Reactions: hhnlover
And thus, King Murdy decreed: from hence forth, no face actors shall be cast, for the danger of leaks is much too great.

Kidding. Great news about ghostbusters apparently having face actors, though to be honest, if they can't find anyone that looks like Murray or Akyroyd or whoever, it's going to be very jarring. If it's only for one or two scenes, it shouldn't be an issue, but if the ghostbusters are regular scares, it's going to be very odd to see Venkman subtly change faces every time you go through. Then again, I expect most of the scares to be Zuul and the hounds, Slimer, and Stay-Pufft, with cameos by the Librarian, the subway spirit and the zombie cabbie. Also, hopefully some deliberately sketchy looking projection effects to simulate those 80's matte paintings.
i think they can reuse the poltergeist beast puppet for the subway ghost

upload_2019-6-20_21-43-27.png

Reactions: rageofthegods
i think they can reuse the poltergeist beast puppet for the subway ghost

View attachment 9937

Dang, maybe. That'd be interesting to see, esp. because it's so huge! Haha.

I'm wondering how they're doing all the flying ghosts, like that Librarian and slimer though? I would guess puppets and blackout actors with camo leggins, but that would necessitate black walls aplenty, soooooo

Dang, maybe. That'd be interesting to see, esp. because it's so huge! Haha.

I'm wondering how they're doing all the flying ghosts, like that Librarian and slimer though? I would guess puppets and blackout actors with camo leggins, but that would necessitate black walls aplenty, soooooo
i can actually see slimer being like a horde puppet, but it's just one entity. have it basically charge at guests, then as you exit the room have peter come out and say "he slimed me"

Reactions: rageofthegods
Welp, with 3 ips already revealed (KKFOs, Ghostbusters, and HOTC) which one could be getting announced next?

I think the idea was to announce Killer Klowns now, since the facade from Hollywood spoiled it already. This leak is probably just gonna be contained in the hardcore forums; at least, regular park guests won't be able to take a pair of binoculars and just see the facade, lol.

Afterwards, who knows. Probably announce the other big properties like Ghostbusters and HOTC in July or August, drop Creepshow and Metallica during the two SoCal conventions, and that will be that.

Welp, with 3 ips already revealed (KKFOs, Ghostbusters, and HOTC) which one could be getting announced next?

I'm gonna wager on it being Ghostbusters. Orlando wise, the other two big hitters got announced relatively early this year especially compared to last year with ST coming out really early and Poltergeist and H4 not being made official until way later. I think this year they may try to avoid something like the Orlando hotel thing happening again. This Casting Director stuff was one thing, but at least they can take that post down.

My thing about the Klowns facade is...is there any documented thing, because Hollywood seems to have an obvious facade in the open every year, it's just a consequence of how the event has to be ran, that a facade being obvious has actually influenced an announcement?

I'm gonna wager on it being Ghostbusters. Orlando wise, the other two big hitters got announced relatively early this year especially compared to last year with ST coming out really early and Poltergeist and H4 not being made official until way later. I think this year they may try to avoid something like the Orlando hotel thing happening again. This Casting Director stuff was one thing, but at least they can take that post down.

My thing about the Klowns facade is...is there any documented thing, because Hollywood seems to have an obvious facade in the open every year, it's just a consequence of how the event has to be ran, that a facade being obvious has actually influenced an announcement?

Thing is, I feel like the Mummy mazes - The Shining, The Exorcist, TrT - are usually announced early in the year, so the facade shenanigans are minimized. I feel like this year, they were trying to announce other mazes besides the cult classic (if I were in Uni marketing, I'd want to announce Ghostbusters first too), but then they forgot how blindingly obvious the facade would be. Legacy has said over on 29 that they're behind schedule on announcements, and part of me feels that part of why is that they had to shift the Killer Klowns announcement up to compensate for the obvious facade, and they weren't done editing (or possibly shooting?) the video yet. Plus, John Massari over on Instagram has been dropping some really, really obvious hints lately, which makes me think the announcement is soon, but delayed.

Otherwise, I agree that they shouldn't drop their heavy hitters really late this year, especially when they have Ghostbusters on their docket. HoTC can be dropped whenever, but Ghostbusters needs to give families enough leeway to plan their vacations, I think.

Thing is, I feel like the Mummy mazes - The Shining, The Exorcist, TrT - are usually announced early in the year, so the facade shenanigans are minimized. I feel like this year, they were trying to announce other mazes besides the cult classic (if I were in Uni marketing, I'd want to announce Ghostbusters first too), but then they forgot how blindingly obvious the facade would be. Legacy has said over on 29 that they're behind schedule on announcements, and part of me feels that part of why is that they had to shift the Killer Klowns announcement up to compensate for the obvious facade, and they weren't done editing (or possibly shooting?) the video yet. Plus, John Massari over on Instagram has been dropping some really, really obvious hints lately, which makes me think the announcement is soon, but delayed.

Otherwise, I agree that they shouldn't drop their heavy hitters really late this year, especially when they have Ghostbusters on their docket. HoTC can be dropped whenever, but Ghostbusters needs to give families enough leeway to plan their vacations, I think.

I would like to point out something else Legacy said in regards to Orlando's recent tweets on social media where they're talking about cults and stuff. Legacy made a statement that if the social media team thought that the next announcement was related to cult(s) in anyway they're out of their mind (in regards to people trying to blindly tie the tweets to announcements).

Obviously, a few interpretations to that, but I'm leaning on the fact that it's probably not a cult film as the next duel-coast IP. Which...narrows down the options pretty fast.

Ghostbusters I could easily see tricks from very recent years being incorporated in some way. The Skull from Poltergeist and the Revolving Light Trick in some form. Murdy did mention something about them using forced perspective this year and I can absolutely see it in this maze.

I can see Ghostbusters being next since it's a big IP and they have already announced ST and Monsters/FMTW (Which seems to be apart of the big 3 marketing) and I do think it will be the password maze as it just fits.

Reactions: Freak and hhnlover
because lot of people were

They can send a copyright strike against your account on Instagram.

Even if they don't, though, I still feel like it's bad form to laugh at people who made a mistake and are asking you to take it down. They're having a miserable enough day.

Last edited:
Guys stop it’s all over social media any way so please let’s get back to talk about speculation and news and rumors for Halloween horror nights ok i delete it alright

Alright, thank you!

So, I was thinking that, since the mazes are pretty much set, all we really have to talk about are the Scarezones. I think Manics talked about a Vampires sz in the Tunnel, but I was actually thinking that it'd be really funky to put a Bloodborne-style "Hunt" Scare zone in the Gauntlet, with angry villagers and a "vampire cave" in the shipping containers, plus some of the leftover house facades from TrT and Ash vs. Evil Dead coming back as "village houses." It can tie into the Frankenstein v. Wolfman maze as well, and maybe they could even throw in some "angry villager" scareactors and werewolf props on that little hill that's right after the tunnel. Thoughts?

Alright, thank you!

So, I was thinking that, since the mazes are pretty much set, all we really have to talk about are the Scarezones. I think Manics talked about a Vampires sz in the Tunnel, but I was actually thinking that it'd be really funky to put a Bloodborne-style "Hunt" Scare zone in the Gauntlet, with angry villagers and a "vampire cave" in the shipping containers, plus some of the leftover house facades from TrT and Ash vs. Evil Dead coming back as "village houses." It can tie into the Frankenstein v. Wolfman maze as well, and maybe they could even throw in some "angry villager" scareactors and werewolf props on that little hill that's right after the tunnel. Thoughts?
What about the other scare zones