Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If, IF, Twilight Zone happens..I would suspect that it'd be 1: Exclusive to Universal Studios Hollywood (as while Disney has let it lapse for DCA..it hasn't lapsed for DHS), and 2: Have some pull to the new iteration in development with Monkeypaw (Jordan Peele [Get Out, Us]).

Reactions: chris.g
I don’t see Twilight Zone happening, personally, but this is probably the property Murdy was a big fan of and it’s probably locked in.

If they do this, I would love to see this based on the original and be in black and white.

I would hope for the original, as well. I would love to see To Serve Man, The Masks, Terror at 20,000 Feet, Living Doll, and Eye of the Beholder. I'd also like to see The Hitch-Hiker or A Nice Place to Visit but both are very esoteric.

Reactions: marip123
I'm a pretty big fan of the classic TZ... I've got and read many books detailing each episode... and I can't think of a single connection the classic TZ has with "Bunny". Can that be explained, please?

That said, if this were true, it would be spectacular, at least conceptually. I've never thought of TZ as an option for a maze. I echo Eye of the Beholder mentioned above (actually, all the ones mentioned above by NuteGunraywasframed would be great), but there'd be so much to draw from. I'd also love It's a Good Life, The Invaders, Perchance to Dream, Time Enough at Last, Will the real martian stand up?, Little Girl Lost... heck, even the pilot episode, "Where is Everybody?" was filmed at Universal. And it should go without saying that opening credits alone would be welcome. Plus, the fact it's being rebooted brings it back into the public eye (although I'd really hope it wouldn't be based on the new version).

But I'm a bit dubious... the Serling family/estate tends to be very particular about who gets rights to TZ. This doesn't strike me as something they'd approve, especially with the way HHN would handle it with jump scares. That show wasn't about jump scares. I'd actually argue it'd be a better fit at KSF, where they're more open to atmospheric scares.

As much of a fan as I am of both HHN and TZ, I don't really think they'd be a great fit with each other. If they relied on jump scares, true fans of the show are going to be disappointed. And if they do atmospheric scares (as they did for ST), everyone else is going to be disappointed. Kinda seems no-win.

Reactions: NuteGunrayWasFramed
My connection with Bunny was Jordan Peele who is producing the new series (which this is rumored to be based off of), who voices Bunny in Toy Story 4. I figured if you guys solved that, it would make you guys guess "Get Out" as a curveball over Twilight Zone.

Again, nothing if finalized until it is, but it is the host stove rumor that came my way that I figured lots would be interested to hear about if solved.

And yes, this would be entirely based off Peele's reboot.

My connection with Bunny was Jordan Peele who is producing the new series (which this is rumored to be based off of), who voices Bunny in Toy Story 4. I figured if you guys solved that, it would make you guys guess "Get Out" as a curveball over Twilight Zone.

Again, nothing if finalized until it is, but it is the host stove rumor that came my way that I figured lots would be interested to hear about if solved.

And yes, this would be entirely based off Peele's reboot.
aaaaaaaannnd there goes my interest in this.

Although I will gladly take this over HDD if they have to chose between the two. Although if Uni makes Murdy do both.....YUCK.

Reactions: NuteGunrayWasFramed