Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love how amazingly similar our ideas for a Cornetto Trilogy maze is! I almost wrote a treatment on the HNNightmares forums of that, which starts off at an 50's-inspired Drive-In Theater (as a nod to Baby Driver).

Is it odd that I could see S1+S2 being only at HHN, but The Return only at KSF (if they were ever to do an IP maze again)? The whole difference in vibes between the two eras fits perfectly with the vibes of the corresponding haunts/theme parks to me.

While I wouldn't want a Cornetto trilogy maze... Edgar Wright does have a vivid imagination...

And eh, I wouldn't like to see KSF touch Twin Peaks. Again it irks me Murdy hasn't bothered thinking about it, there's so much he could play around with, but I feel it would have to be FX heavy. Season 3 is fill with content as is Fire Walk with Me. Seasons 1+2 have a good amount of stuff as well. It maddens me that we'll probably never get Twin Peaks due to Murdy's neglect of the show.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Man BUNNY is probably one of the hardest things to crack.

Thank god it’s new to HHN though because at least we know it’s not another Insidious maze

And eh, I wouldn't like to see KSF touch Twin Peaks. Again it irks me Murdy hasn't bothered thinking about it, there's so much he could play around with, but I feel it would have to be FX heavy. Season 3 is fill with content as is Fire Walk with Me. Seasons 1+2 have a good amount of stuff as well. It maddens me that we'll probably never get Twin Peaks due to Murdy's neglect of the show.
I agree with that, but just the whole tone of The Return seems like it would fit with the style/aesthetic of KSF.
As for Twin Peaks in general being at HHN, it drives me crazy how clearly I can imagine it. Realistic BOB masks with glass eyes, the Giant as a show scareactor/mannequin (a lot like the "Great Party, Isn't It" effect in The Shining), cake-faced Leo with an axe from S2, THE DOPPELGANGER MASKS. Errggg.

Reactions: chris.g
I agree with that, but just the whole tone of The Return seems like it would fit with the style/aesthetic of KSF.
As for Twin Peaks in general being at HHN, it drives me crazy how clearly I can imagine it. Realistic BOB masks with glass eyes, the Giant as a show scareactor/mannequin (a lot like the "Great Party, Isn't It" effect in The Shining), cake-faced Leo with an axe from S2, THE DOPPELGANGER MASKS. Errggg.
Dang guess we think very similarly, always thought the scene with the giant would be great as a peppers ghost effect, I can almost see myself walking through the roadhouse with him appearing and disappearing on the stage while saying "It is happening again". Ive also imagined the finale being set in the black lodge with Bob, bad Coop, and the other doppelgangers making appearances. Ive been meaning to write up a treatment for Twin Peaks as a maze for forever

Murdy could bring back the disappearing wall/room trick to recreate the Roadhouse scene in S2 with the Giant taking over Julee Cruise singing as a Pepper's Ghost effect as a scene... the TP Sheriff's Department to me would be the facade. Entering a room with possessed Leland reciting the Fire Walk with Me poem lunging at guests.. so freaky... only problem is I see the Red Room being reused like 5 different times to show the different stages over the show's span, but still cool with me.

Don't you dare toy my emotions of the thought of anyone doing a The Wall maze. It screams HHN, and it can be very easy to pull off.

I’m only basing my guess off of an actor who was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit that also appears in The Walls.

Silence of the Lambs had more to do with the literature basis of one of the clues and how it’s semi based off a book.

Murdy could bring back the disappearing wall/room trick to recreate the Roadhouse scene in S2 with the Giant taking over Julee Cruise singing as a Pepper's Ghost effect as a scene... the TP Sheriff's Department to me would be the facade. Entering a room with possessed Leland reciting the Fire Walk with Me poem lunging at guests.. so freaky... only problem is I see the Red Room being reused like 5 different times to show the different stages over the show's span, but still cool with me.
I mean in my book more Red Room isnt necessarily a bad thing. also gotta say i feel like twin peaks would be the one place where the silicone masks might actually work since Bob and the other entities are supposed to look a little uncanny

Dang guess we think very similarly, always thought the scene with the giant would be great as a peppers ghost effect, I can almost see myself walking through the roadhouse with him appearing and disappearing on the stage while saying "It is happening again". Ive also imagined the finale being set in the black lodge with Bob, bad Coop, and the other doppelgangers making appearances. Ive been meaning to write up a treatment for Twin Peaks as a maze for forever

Oh my goodness, see post above since we posted at the same time, but same. LITERALLY we have the same idea of how a scene would go down.

I hate that we brought this up haha, Coop staring into the mirror to see BOB being a scare ala Poltergeist's face peel, the mysterious glass box room in New York, a scare actor just playing Bob staring at you pass through Laura's room...

170501_CS_twinPeaksBob_FB.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

... or just imagine seeing this come to life in a room full with flickering lights...

DAMN IT Murdy make it happen!

also, good guesses, but nope on Rosemary's Baby/ anything else anyone else has mentioned.

I’m only basing my guess off of an actor who was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit that also appears in The Walls.

Silence of the Lambs had more to do with the literature basis of one of the clues and how it’s semi based off a book.

Either way, The Wall is one of those rare mazes that I can easily see working well with HHN, and it would be more easy when you consider the story told in the album.

Licensing may be a concern, but I could see them get it, because of Murdy's prior relationships with Slash, Black Sabbath, Figure, Rob Zombie, and Alice Cooper (...wow, Murdy has worked with a lot of musicians).

Rosemary's Baby or Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Rosemary's Baby is a fascinating one to think about, because it feels so un-hauntworthy. How would it even work? No real jump scares, mostly just people yelling at each other or reading old books, but it's got some of the most iconic horror scenes ever.
While I wouldn't want a Cornetto trilogy maze... Edgar Wright does have a vivid imagination...

The Twin peaks neglect honestly makes me so sad.

It's just youuuuuuuuu....

Oh my goodness, see post above since we posted at the same time, but same. LITERALLY we have the same idea of how a scene would go down.

I hate that we brought this up haha, Coop staring into the mirror to see BOB being a scare ala Poltergeist's face peel, the mysterious box room in New York, a scare actor just playing Bob staring at you pass through Laura's room...

170501_CS_twinPeaksBob_FB.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

... or just imagine seeing this come to life in a room full with flickering lights...

I feel like most of "Got a light" from The Return would work as maze material as well. Not to mention how amazing it would be to hear the soundtrack in a maze, that would honestly be one of the best parts.

SAME! I thought about the finale being similar to the H:MMCH ending with Dopplegangers of various characters in Twin Peaks (maybe even Bobby, Freddie Sykes, and other characters that don't show up as Dopplegangers) everywhere surrounded by red curtains and you can hear Deputy Hawk echoing, describing the Black Lodge as the Twin Peaks theme is playing.
The final room in my head is sort of original: the "Welcome to Twin Peaks" sign in the Black Lodge. Behind it is the corpse of Laura Palmer, "floating" against the curtain wall, wrapped in plastic. It's actually a scareactor (only up to her upper torso. The rest of her body is behind the wall while faux bottom torso/legs are in front of the wall to create the illusion that her whole body is floating and completely wrapped in plastic) and she comes alive (sort of like the Emma scare in Trick r' Treat), triggering Laura's scream and strobe lights flashing.

Also... jeez I've taken so long to type this and there's already like 5 more posts made about this. All lovely ideas too and just makes me more excited (even though it's probably not coming)! Catching up right now.

SAME! I thought about the finale being similar to the H:MMCH ending with Dopplegangers everywhere surrounded by red curtains and you can hear Deputy Hawk echoing, describing the Black Lodge as the Twin Peaks theme is playing.
The final room in my head is sort of original: the "Welcome to Twin Peaks" sign in the Black Lodge. Behind it is the corpse of Laura Palmer, "floating" against the curtain wall, wrapped in plastic. It's actually a scareactor (only up to her upper torso. The rest of her body is behind the wall while faux bottom torso/legs are in front of the wall to create the illusion that her whole body is floating and completely wrapped in plastic) and she comes alive (sort of like the Emma scare in Trick r' Treat), triggering Laura's scream and strobe lights flashing.

Also... jeez I've taken so long to type this and there's already like 5 more posts made about this. All lovely ideas too and just makes me more excited (even though it's probably not coming)! Catching up right now.
I gotta say that if somehow I ever end up on the design team for HHN I'm gonna push for Twin Peaks so damn hard, but also I feel like Twin Peaks is the perfect property to go a bit original with since theres so much content to work with and with the Black Lodge and the entities within it not a lot of context is required, if only there was enough room in a maze to go original with it without having to cut part of the rest of the abundance of content lol.