Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
John said on Twitter that this will be an exclusive, and he will go into detail on scarezone deigns and sculpts, as well as overall maze progress. Can’t find the tweet because I just woke up and am too lazy, but it’s there

If it's Creepshow, it's definitely going to probably be a preview to the Shudder's original series maybe since it's due for a September 26th release which gives people enough time to experience the maze and view the show or vice versa, I cannot going to the original film route due to King, yes George A Romero was the one who came up with the idea but it was King's stories that were used in the film so that's why I see it only being based on the Shudder series which I don't mind because the hype behind the show seems really cool and has me on the edge of my seat. :)

Reactions: chris.g
If it is the original, I'm gonna be a little disappointed Orlando didn't do it.

If it's the Shudder one, still cool but that's more of a "wait and see" type thing.

If it is the original, I'm gonna be a little disappointed Orlando didn't do it.

If it's the Shudder one, still cool but that's more of a "wait and see" type thing.
I mean I can't see them getting lucky with the movie property than the tv series because look at what happen to IT, as much as people think IT would come to both coasts, King would find a way to drop it, we both got lucky getting Shining but I think King will try and make sure that no one gets at the house the property as a film but he can't stop the tv series from coming to the event since it will be with new stories.

I mean I can't see them getting lucky with the movie property than the tv series because look at what happen to IT, as much as people think IT would come to both coasts, King would find a way to drop it, we both got lucky getting Shining but I think King will try and make sure that no one gets at the house the property as a film but he can't stop the tv series from coming to the event since it will be with new stories.
If it's Creepshow, it's definitely going to probably be a preview to the Shudder's original series maybe since it's due for a September 26th release which gives people enough time to experience the maze and view the show or vice versa, I cannot going to the original film route due to King, yes George A Romero was the one who came up with the idea but it was King's stories that were used in the film so that's why I see it only being based on the Shudder series which I don't mind because the hype behind the show seems really cool and has me on the edge of my seat. :)

I wouldn't be so sure, King only wrote the screenplay. I'd guess the actual rights are either with Romero's estate through Laurel Entertainment or with Warner Brothers. It could be the Shudder series, mind - they've worked with AMC in the past - but it just feels more like Murdy's style to do a tribute to his heroes, even if Romero himself is dead.

I wouldn't be so sure, King only wrote the screenplay. I'd guess the actual rights are either with Romero's estate through Laurel Entertainment or with Warner Brothers. It could be the Shudder series, mind - they've worked with AMC in the past - but it just feels more like Murdy's style to do a tribute to his heroes, even if Romero himself is dead.

Yeah but if he really wants do a Romero tribute he'd do at least Romero's living dead series as a maze, Night, Dawn and Day as mazes would be really cool to see replicated from screen to maze, I think that would be an amazing homage to George A. Romero if anything.

I believe someone posted something though there King had gotten the rights to him. Since I was thinking the same thing back when people thought it may come to Orlando.

I believe someone posted something though there King had gotten the rights to him. Since I was thinking the same thing back when people thought it may come to Orlando.

Hmm, that's the first time I've heard that, though I'm not as active on the Orlando thread. It's weird, cuz the Creepshow series also features a story by King (although this time around, not all of the stories are written by him). Did King specifically target the Theme Park rights to his original movies? Cuz That'd be kind of funny.

Hmm, that's the first time I've heard that, though I'm not as active on the Orlando thread. It's weird, cuz the Creepshow series also features a story by King (although this time around, not all of the stories are written by him). Did King specifically target the Theme Park rights to his original movies? Cuz That'd be kind of funny.

I think he just worries about what films are turned into houses which honestly there are somewhat a great little of his material people would make as a houses except for the many known ones like IT or Salem's Lot, The Shining, Pet Sematary, but I don't understand his hostility towards haunted houses being made around his ips, you see many directors like Eli Roth, Carpenter, Hooper, Craven, and others that let Universal have way their ips and they turn out to be incredible houses in some forms, but I don't understand why King has such ways with people wanting his movies to be turned into mazes, and to see that of course Warner got to use IT and it was just very random.

I think he just worries about what films are turned into houses which honestly there are somewhat a great little of his material people would make as a houses except for the many known ones like IT or Salem's Lot, The Shining, Pet Sematary, but I don't understand his hostility towards haunted houses being made around his ips, you see many directors like Eli Roth, Carpenter, Hooper, Craven, and others that let Universal have way their ips and they turn out to be incredible houses in some forms, but I don't understand why King has such ways with people wanting his movies to be turned into mazes, and to see that of course Warner got to use IT and it was just very random.

I'm guessing Uni burned a bridge at one point, which explains why King was okay with IT coming to Warner's event. Kinda sad, but this is showbiz, and there's no such thing as forever in this town. I think eventually we'll see some more King stuff.

I'm guessing Uni burned a bridge at one point, which explains why King was okay with IT coming to Warner's event. Kinda sad, but this is showbiz, and there's no such thing as forever in this town. I think eventually we'll see some more King stuff.

Yeah well I think it goes back to the loophole with The Shining but that's a whole other can of worms that's already been discussed a million times and yeah, I mean eventually something will happen where we'll see his stuff come to the event, still means though that the door is open for other dream properties to come to the event too.