Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 217 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I am going to HHN on October 4, which is a Friday. Which mazes are the scariest and the best scenically? Which ones should I prioritize in going through?

I would prioritize Killer Klowns, Us, Holidayz, and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman. Pandora's Box has been divisive - if you like 3D/UV light mazes, this might be for you. House of 1000 Corpses is very disturbing, while many consider Creepshow among the event's scariest (I think it's a fine "B" maze). Skip Stranger Things. Ghostbusters is only worth it if you're a big fan of the property - scenically it's a bit of a letdown, scares are fairly light.

Reactions: DTH
I would prioritize Killer Klowns, Us, Holidayz, and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman. Pandora's Box has been divisive - if you like 3D/UV light mazes, this might be for you. House of 1000 Corpses is very disturbing, while many consider Creepshow among the event's scariest (I think it's a fine "B" maze). Skip Stranger Things. Ghostbusters is only worth it if you're a big fan of the property - scenically it's a bit of a letdown, scares are fairly light.
So which mazes should I do first in early entry? Perhaps Frankenstein?

Oh... bad news on the human turkey in Holidayz. I guess complaints on intensity/sensitivity *are* on the rise... and are making an impact. This wasn't the only element affected.

I would register your own counter complaints arguing the event needs to remain scary/become scarier. That isn't a joke - you should do this.

<--My pic speaks for itself. >:O

Reactions: HydraGen2299
So I’m at the park right now and I just watched the opening scaremony...yes it didn’t go anywhere. So I guess we don’t have to worry about it being gone for good anymore!

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Lines seem alright for a Thursday. Max I have seen is an hour.
It seemed busy for a Thursday night but I am used to last year when they opened at 5 and I was able to do all the mazes before 8:00. This year the flow seems different too. US and Pandora's got slammed at 7:00 where GB was 15 min. I did 9 out of 10 (yes I did that piece of crap Walking Dead because I was with someone that had not seen it before). I could have done everything but I didn't feel like waiting 80 min for Killer Klowns. I will pick it up today. They should open KK at the same time as ST so you can hit them in succession on the way to the metro sets. I will post up a review after I see it a few more times but overall a fun event.

I'm back from my trip (went on the 19th). I had a blast. 4th year in a row and this was my favorite. I realize we all have different opinions but I'd like to share mine. And I'd like to start by saying I'm not going to nitpick the mazes like some do and go from my gut on sheer fun factor and childlike wonder. LOL. Keep in mind, I'm an easy scare. Also I'm 45, so I remember all of these films very well. I won't get long winded. Just some general impressions.

Stranger Things: I know most hated this maze, but I really enjoyed it. No, it wasn't so much a scary maze, but the sets were wonderful and I really felt like, as a fan, it was fun to be in. Only toward the end did I scream a lot. The repeat demodogs didn't wear on me at all.

Killer Klownz: I thought the silliness was going to kill this for me but I hate clowns and it was pretty disturbing. The movie terrorized me as a kid. I'm not a fan of the UV light mazes, but I liked this one. It wasn't my favorite. But it wasn't terrible.

Us: Beautiful, just beautiful. The body language, the acting, the sets...maybe not so much scary but really really disturbing. And the dead people were incredibly realistic. I was certain they would jump out at us.

HOTC: Not so scary but very disturbing, especially the further into the maze you got. I did expect a bit more terror.

Pandora: didn't see

Holidayz: didn't see

The scare zone on the backlot sets (forget which one) was really stellar. They got me good, I was stalked by stilt walkers from both ends as they circled around obstacles. Fun was had by all. LOL. I have it all on film.

FvW: Fantastic. The story was great. Really loved the makeup and the actors were on point.

Ghostbusters: oh man, this had to be one of my favorites. I was jumping up and down cheering for slimer and the hunters throughout. It really took me back. Loved it. Grinned the whole way.

Creepshow: Meh, it was okay. I expected more. Great concept and I loved the transitions but I didn't feel super impressed.

Overall impression, so few black walls this year and I really thought that was a major improvement. I just smiled a lot. Screamed a lot. And didn't let tearing up the negatives impede on my fun. The drinks sucked and were overpriced as usual. Food options were just weird and I bypassed those. The 80's dance was fun but few of us dressed up so I was a bit disappointed and I really stood out LOL.

(By comparison, SFMM FF was a total letdown this year. Skip it. OMG, so disappointed. KSF was my first visit there and was pretty well impressed and the enthusiasm of the scare actors and the immersion of story and participation. I'd do that event again.)