Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

It makes sense now.. I would have liked to seen the whole concept before Tram got cut in half to shove half of the scenic and props into Titans the maze..
I mean the concept was Titans from the beginning, the maze concept came after Conjuring got taken off the lineup, so if anything the maze got the scenic shoved in it from the tram, or previous mazes since most of the gags have appeared at the event before.

That could be a nice, spacious area. Maybe some theming around Simpsons?
I think Murdy said something simpsons rights related prevents them from modifying the area, maybe similar to how Islands of Adventure couldnt put any hhn stuff in Whoville back in the early 2000s when it was over there

I think Murdy said something simpsons rights related prevents them from modifying the area, maybe similar to how Islands of Adventure couldnt put any hhn stuff in Whoville back in the early 2000s when it was over there

Dang, that's right. Oh well, at least there's another people-eater near the entrance (although losing the tram is gonna be another people eater... how's this gonna work out?)

EDIT: This year is just insane in general, so much speculation and rumours flying around. Are we sure Pet Sematary ain't coming? What about Blumhouse 2 with Us? IDK.

Last edited:
Dang, that's right. Oh well, at least there's another people-eater near the entrance (although losing the tram is gonna be another people eater... how's this gonna work out?)
Well if we're getting another show that could be a decent people eater, I always saw big crowds for the Jabbawockeez last year.

Meanwhile, Orlando uses the area for roaming actors, and ( if I'm not mistaken) was used last year as a test for Hollywood.

All of this sounds very intriguing, but I don’t think we’ll see an increase in the maze count. I would love to see more mazes at the event this year but with the current state of the whole park with all the construction and everything, where would they build them? Jurassic Park Queue is unavailable and the 747 soundstage can’t be used cuz there’s already the 747 Queue where Saw & Poltergeist were. Have the rumors of a VR experience been completely shut down? If anything I think that’s where they would spend their Post-Tram money on. It would be a total game-changer for Hollywood and it would be a great breath of fresh air for the event.

Meanwhile, Orlando uses the area for roaming actors, and ( if I'm not mistaken) was used last year as a test for Hollywood.
Thats a good point, heres to hoping all the tests went well so we can have SZs in springfield, the lower lot, and the metro sets. Probably wont happen but i can dream cant I?

Everyone needs to remember a few things here.

Terror Tram leaving is conjecture/rumor. It was heavily rumored to be gone last year... it ultimately was not. There's a reason for that: it gets great GSAT scores among the general public. I'll say Hollywood Harry was not the original plan for the tram in 2018.

The Tram does not cost much in way of scenic. Most of the flats and sets have been recycled for the past several years. This year, that extended to costumes and props (i.e. all of the scarecrow, hillbilly, and pig material that we've seen time and time again). The "new" stuff was off the shelf items purchased from Immortal Masks.

My point being: there isn't a tremendous "build" cost associated with Tram. The costs come down to the staffing... it requires a very large cast (bigger than Monsters last year), plus a whole crew of operations folks (including two supervising teams) and tram drivers. It's a large operation; they're probably in some ways thankful that the neighbors force them to close early.

...my guess, and I want to stress I've heard no indication that Tram is going, but if it *were* to leave... we'd simply see more actors in the other mazes and an additional zone or two. They didn't do those tests in Springfield and the Lower Lot on the final night for no reason.

Everyone needs to remember a few things here.

Terror Tram leaving is conjecture/rumor. It was heavily rumored to be gone last year... it ultimately was not. There's a reason for that: it gets great GSAT scores among the general public. I'll say Hollywood Harry was not the original plan for the tram in 2018.

The Tram does not cost much in way of scenic. Most of the flats and sets have been recycled for the past several years. This year, that extended to costumes and props (i.e. all of the scarecrow, hillbilly, and pig material that we've seen time and time again). The "new" stuff was off the shelf items purchased from Immortal Masks.

My point being: there isn't a tremendous "build" cost associated with Tram. The costs come down to the staffing... it requires a very large cast (bigger than Monsters last year), plus a whole crew of operations folks (including two supervising teams) and tram drivers. It's a large operation; they're probably in some ways thankful that the neighbors force them to close early.

...my guess, and I want to stress I've heard no indication that Tram is going, but if it *were* to leave... we'd simply see more actors in the other mazes and an additional zone or two. They didn't do those tests in Springfield and the Lower Lot on the final night for no reason.
It's likely if terror tram is or isnt going Murdy might be willing to reveal it in a Q&A if we ask nice enough, since last year we knew terror tram was returning when he said rumors it was gone were unfounded.

The Terror Tram is the attraction that tends to get the most complaints during the event. Dropping the TT will allow for better scarezones and could mean that that's where they want to invest their money.

The budget for the event has been the same but labor costs continue to go up every year. Like Fallow said, that's where most of TT budget goes. ACTORS.

In conclusion, dropping TT won't benefit mazes much, but it can scarezones since they're cheaper.

This is all quoting my source.

The Terror Tram is the attraction that tends to get the most complaints during the event. Dropping the TT will allow for better scarezones and could mean that that's where they want to invest their money.

The budget for the event has been the same but labor costs continue to go up every year. Like Fallow said, that's where most of TT budget goes. ACTORS.

In conclusion, dropping TT won't benefit mazes much, but it can scarezones since they're cheaper.

This is all quoting my source.

Maybe some of that construction cost (contractors, etc) could be spent on some theming? idk.

Maybe some of that construction cost (contractors, etc) could be spent on some theming? idk.

In the end, it would help them keep things more centralized in having the crews all closer together.

It likely wouldn't mean much in the short term, but cutting the tram may help allow them to flesh out elements that Orlando, Singapore, and even Osaka are trumping Hollywood at.

Even though Halloween 2018 is owned by Miramax and there was an issue with it coming to the event last year, do you think there is still a chance of it coming to the event this year? H4 did far better than expected and placed third in GA ratings so I can totally see them wanting to bring Michael back.

Even if it's not H2018 I still feel like there is a shot of Halloween returning to the event this year. What about Halloween 3? While it may not have Michael on the poster it is quite a cult classic that would be cool to see as a full maze.

The only usable Halloween movies they can do right now are Halloween 5 and Curse of Micheal Myers since they’re owned by Trancas. H20-Rob Zombie’s H2 are owned by Dimension so those will be extremely hard to get passed.

Halloween 3 could happen for Orlando later down the line as a cult classic but with Murdy in charge he’d want to use Micheal for advertising. Plus they usually take a year gap in between uses of Halloween, and I don’t think they’ll want to use Halloween 5 for 2020 unless forced to.