Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've heard ramblings of our "classic" maze being a particularly unorthodox IP (it's a cult classic more so than "classic" classic) in the vein of what you'd expect from Twin Peaks (content wise). However I cannot confirm if those ramblings have gone anywhere.

... there has potentially been progress to said property....

Reactions: Horror Lover

1f4ac25a8428d231486444ccba2a4102e6a4c6510c9019f54d6d701eddd6e55c.jpg

Very interesting. I’m guessing this is a film/franchise that’s never been HHN before, right? Has this “cult classic” been released in the 20th century?

There were those Twilight Zone rumblings earlier in the year but that seems to have died down. My guess for this classic property is either Phantasm, Black Christmas, or Reanimator.

I really want this to be Suspiria though; that property would make me book a FFP

Reactions: Kadath
Dear God if it’s another Evil Dead house...but from the classic timeline.

I’d hope it’d be Army of Darkness instead of ED2 since the environments would be more different than what was seen in 2013 or 2017.

If it is another Evil Dead maze, based on the classic ED trilogy.. for Murdy's sake, let's hope the 3rd time's the charm..

If it is another Evil Dead maze, based on the classic ED trilogy.. for Murdy's sake, let's hope the 3rd time's the charm..

I’d hope it’d be better since they can reuse nearly everything from the 2013 house. But still that house had issues as well. Alien could also fit as a property that’s been semi represented but that’s much more classic and mainstream than Evil Dead or the other properties that are classic cult classics

I checked earlier in the threads and maze #1 was stated to be a “BEAST” to design. Guessing that’s the tip off to the classic IP. My first guess would be The Thing or Hellraiser since Murdy described it as “tricky” but it’s probably something more obscure than those two

Um.. I found this on Horror Night Nightmares.. take this with enough salt to properly flavor a basket of french fries as a lot of it doesn't match up with spec and new spec restrictions..

So here it is, the HHN hollywood mazes (at least from the places i've pulled my info from)

THIS IS HOLLYWOOD, mind you, I know nothing from Orlando.

Mazes

1:The Curse of La Llarona

2: Stranger Things 2

3. Child's Play (Will also be the tram theme)

4. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

5. Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (Feat. Us, Happy Death Day 2U)

6. Halloween (2018)

7: Original Property (it will be in the similar vain of last years original property)

Scare Zones:

Gauntlet

Killer Klownz

Hell Fest (Will be IP related)

^ B.S. with Halloween listed, not to mention the final lineup isn't even COMPLETED yet.

Pretty much.. that's why I said take it with enough grains of salt to flavor a basket of french fries.. a WB IP, an IP that was already used at a competing theme park, a Miramax IP and an IP reboot that spits in the face of a Universal-owned IP and that IP's original creator.. right...

Reactions: chris.g
One of Murdy's very first clues for this year may be in direct relation to this property.

F1309E6F-1919-4350-AB8C-A28B7456BF7F.png
This might be referring to the Al Bowley hints Murdy dropped in the beginning of this year’s speculation season. The Shining’s (ballroom) scene is often paired with "Midnight with the Stars and You" (a song by Al Bowley) which might connect to Suspiria as it too has a ballroom scene. It was released in 1977 (during the 20th century) so 70s carpet and wallpaper designs could totally be referring to Suspiria. The movie is also very much at a cult classic status and would very well fit the bill for the challenging maze Murdy has been talking about.

Um.. I found this on Horror Night Nightmares.. take this with enough salt to properly flavor a basket of french fries as a lot of it doesn't match up with spec and new spec restrictions..

Mazes

1:The Curse of La Llarona

2: Stranger Things 2

3. Child's Play (Will also be the tram theme)

4. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

5. Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (Feat. Us, Happy Death Day 2U)

6. Halloween (2018)

7: Original Property (it will be in the similar vain of last years original property)

Scare Zones:

Gauntlet

Killer Klownz

Hell Fest (Will be IP related)
My apologies for the double post but HHN doesn't have the rights to some of these properties and Murdy stated that all scarezones are original as of now.