Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How accurate are people’s predictions each year?

Fairly accurate. Last year was about half and half, but 2017 had the entire lineup leaked in March, with one maze change very late in the game. There are some people who are plugged in and have sources within the HHN team or something.

Considering that both coasts are saying the same thing, I think it's pretty safe to say that the predicted lineup for this year is accurate (still to be announced: HoTC, Creepshow, Ghostbusters, Tram maze, and Klownz). That doesn't preclude something changing, of course, but we'd hear about that.

Depends on the people.

Haha understood!

Fairly accurate. Last year was about half and half, but 2017 had the entire lineup leaked in March, with one maze change very late in the game. There are some people who are plugged in and have sources within the HHN team or something.

Considering that both coasts are saying the same thing, I think it's pretty safe to say that the predicted lineup for this year is accurate (still to be announced: HoTC, Creepshow, Ghostbusters, Tram maze, and Klownz). That doesn't preclude something changing, of course, but we'd hear about that.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about 2017 haha. But that was a legit leak and not just some good guesses, right? Also by “tram maze” are we thinking a maze that takes place on the tram route, or a maze that’s placed by the tram area? I thought I had heard that they were considering not doing a tram this year, which I wouldn’t be opposed to.

Wasn’t Hellraiser a rumor for a while? Today’s announcement is interesting... not that it would have any bearing on what HHN does, but it got me thinking about it. I’d love to see it, though.

Haha understood!

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about 2017 haha. But that was a legit leak and not just some good guesses, right? Also by “tram maze” are we thinking a maze that takes place on the tram route, or a maze that’s placed by the tram area? I thought I had heard that they were considering not doing a tram this year, which I wouldn’t be opposed to.

Wasn’t Hellraiser a rumor for a while? Today’s announcement is interesting... not that it would have any bearing on what HHN does, but it got me thinking about it. I’d love to see it, though.
Im sorry, but todays announcement? Is there something I missed?

Reactions: Dykealiscious

Point is, it's safe to assume that many of the "good guesses" here are leaks, especially the lineup we're talking about right now. That's not always the case; Legacy was suggesting Pumpkinhead for a little while before admitting that that was a mixup, but otherwise this lineup seems solidly in place.

For now, at least.

Hellraiser was a rumour here, and I believe it was even "leaked" at Orlando for a while. It's been suggested that creative likes to "leak" fake properties to catch the leakers.

If Hellraiser does come, and it's based on the reboot, it'll be the next year or the year after. They'll have a hell of a time bringing it in, though; Spyglass Media, the production company, is majority owned by Lantern Media (successors to the Weinsteins) and WB owns an equity stake + has a first look deal with them. If WB is committed to loosening up on IPs, which I think they are, they'll still have to go through the Weinsteins and deal with the fact that the latest reboot might not even happen. This isn't the first time a Hellraiser reboot's been announced, after all.

Im sorry, but todays announcement? Is there something I missed?

David S Goyer is writing a remake to Hellraiser.

Also by “tram maze” are we thinking a maze that takes place on the tram route, or a maze that’s placed by the tram area? I thought I had heard that they were considering not doing a tram this year, which I wouldn’t be opposed to.

The rumor floating around is that the terror tram is finally done for and they’ll be using the space near the tram garage for a maze. Not along the route that the terror tram would take.

This would be a very weird year if even half of these are true
Ghostbusters and KKFOS in the same year sounds... just wrong.

Agreed but I’m curious to see how it goes. I’m shocked we’re potentially getting Creepshow, KKFOS, & Corpses in the same year because it’s usually only 1 cult property a year. That and the fact that we only have 2 “big” IPs this year and no Blumhouse.

But in another way I’m also hopeful that if these houses are successful they’ll go for even more cult properties. I want my Suspiria, Hills Have Eyes, and Sleepaway Camp houses damn it:grin:

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West
Agreed but I’m curious to see how it goes. I’m shocked we’re potentially getting Creepshow, KKFOS, & Corpses in the same year because it’s usually only 1 cult property a year. That and the fact that we only have 2 “big” IPs this year and no Blumhouse.

But in another way I’m also hopeful that if these houses are successful they’ll go for even more cult properties. I want my Suspiria, Hills Have Eyes, and Sleepaway Camp houses damn it:grin:
It does seem like a very heavily cult based year this year, with the only big GP draws that we assume are pretty much just Stranger Things

Reactions: horrornights789
Agreed but I’m curious to see how it goes. I’m shocked we’re potentially getting Creepshow, KKFOS, & Corpses in the same year because it’s usually only 1 cult property a year. That and the fact that we only have 2 “big” IPs this year and no Blumhouse
I think we are done with Corporate Synergy and Blumhouse after how bad TFP and Blumhouse did last year. This year seems much more for the fans and a much more return to form after 2 years of Black Walls and no originality.

It does seem like a very heavily cult based year this year, with the only big GP draws that we assume are pretty much just Stranger Things

Ghostbusters too, the theme song alone.

Also, can I just say that after this year I never want to hear the excuse that “ ___ doesn’t translate into a maze” after we’ve gotten This is the End, Exorcist, Ghostbusters, Poltergeist, Unfriended, & Killer Klowns in the past 5 years

Reactions: hhnlover
Ghostbusters too, the theme song alone.

Also, can I just say that after this year I never want to hear the excuse that “ ___ doesn’t translate into a maze” after we’ve gotten This is the End, Exorcist, Ghostbusters, Poltergeist, Unfriended, & Killer Klowns in the past 5 years
i won't be surpised if we get a Jurassic Park maze soon if we got those.

Reactions: rageofthegods
This would be a very weird year if even half of these are true
Ghostbusters and KKFOS in the same year sounds... just wrong.

Yah this is a funhouse of a year. Two, possibly three original or semi-original mazes at Hollywood, plus Creepshow and Ghostbusters as the headliners alongside Stranger Things.

ST, GB and Creepshow rounds out the marketing nicely, but it's still very weird to me that they didn't go for Us or Hill House. I guess they may want to keep some hot properties in the war chest in case things get dicey in the IP department.

Where do they go beyond this? Lantern Media has got to be loosening up on IPs now that they're under new management, and continuing to poach some small WB properties like Salem's Lot might be a way forward.

Reactions: viking_wizard_eyes
Where do they go beyond this? Lantern Media has got to be loosening up on IPs now that they're under new management, and continuing to poach some small WB properties like Salem's Lot might be a way forward.

Ghostface was actually just licensed and leaked to be in the video game Dead by Daylight. The rights holders of the mask seem to be on board with things, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal could persuade Lantern since they’re a lot bigger than DbD is

Reactions: hhnlover
i won't be surpised if we get a Jurassic Park maze soon if we got those.
Well now that we're getting Ghostbusters, I feel like any non-horror movies that could be made horror is really possible at this point which leads to me to a question to ask all of you.

Which non horror movie that could work as horror would you like to see come to hhn?