Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think one of the big takeaways here is there needs to be a degree of plausible deniability to clues, hints, and "leaks." It has to be filtered. When someone more or less blatantly indicates "Ghostbusters is a thing," that's an issue. A GIF clue that can be potentially solved - or not - or solved but not confirmed - protects pretty much everyone involved.

There's a reason espionage involves codes. You can't just say stuff or there are consequences.

I think one of the big takeaways here is there needs to be a degree of plausible deniability to clues, hints, and "leaks." It has to be filtered. When someone more or less blatantly indicates "Ghostbusters is a thing," that's an issue. A GIF clue that can be potentially solved - or not - or solved but not confirmed - protects pretty much everyone involved.

There's a reason espionage involves codes. You can't just say stuff or there are consequences.

It's a big part of the reason that many play coy with their knowledge. It's not to dangle a treat in front as a tease, but to at least give a taste while protecting themselves and sources. Granted there are some who dangle because they don't know, or to play look at me - but that's not always the case.

honestly, i don't mind game of thrones not coming to hollywood. based on the images i've seen of the show, there's no way they can do the sets justice. orlando though...im sad

Reactions: spectatuh
honestly, i don't mind game of thrones not coming to hollywood. based on the images i've seen of the show, there's no way they can do the sets justice. orlando though...im sad
Speaking of which, (forgive me for the tangent) Ive always wondered if the reason Orlando’s sets are so much more grand than Hollywood’s is due to budget or because Hollywood is more restricted on space. I’ve assumed a combo of both but I’m sure someone here would know best

Reactions: ChaseTuff
It's both.

Yep. Orlando has enjoyed inflating budgets to account for HHN's expanded role in selling vacations (and lucrative hotel rooms) during what is historically a light tourism period. Hollywood's event doesn't drive hotel room sales because there are no hotels. It's also not a resort destination, so the event primarily caters to locals who attend once (note their comparative lack of multi-day ticketing options).

This is part of why they introduced alcohol. It's a huge revenue stream to squeeze more money out of an event that produces low revenue relative to its east coast counterpart.

Reactions: spectatuh and Freak
So I feel like there’s so much info swirling, and I hesitate to bring this up giving how testy things seem right now, but I’m trying to wrap my head around it: So, there were plans for a GoT and Ghostbusters house however long ago, but it seems like neither were done deals, probably still in the pitch stage. People caught wind about Ghostbusters, it was mentioned here on these boards (not pointing fingers!), and the rumors spread from there, which spooked HBO and they pulled out. That may have been around the time that Murdy tweeted about having to prepare for a last-minute pitch meeting. (Or that may have been about WB, or maybe something else entirely.) And then there was some more rumblings about Ghostbusters possibly not happening. Have those been cleared up? Is this all stemming from the same leak and we are losing some IPs, hence “Metallica (an insanely easy and cheap thing to license) or Mexican original”?

Just trying to get a sense.

So I feel like there’s so much info swirling, and I hesitate to bring this up giving how testy things seem right now, but I’m trying to wrap my head around it: So, there were plans for a GoT and Ghostbusters house however long ago, but it seems like neither were done deals, probably still in the pitch stage. People caught wind about Ghostbusters, it was mentioned here on these boards (not pointing fingers!), and the rumors spread from there, which spooked HBO and they pulled out. That may have been around the time that Murdy tweeted about having to prepare for a last-minute pitch meeting. (Or that may have been about WB, or maybe something else entirely.) And then there was some more rumblings about Ghostbusters possibly not happening. Have those been cleared up? Is this all stemming from the same leak and we are losing some IPs, hence “Metallica (an insanely easy and cheap thing to license) or Mexican original”?

ghostbusters is still happening

Ghostbusters is in, and it's kind looking like that the whole "Ghostbusters isn't coming" thing may have been smoke screen to an extent?

Ghostbusters is in, and it's kind looking like that the whole "Ghostbusters isn't coming" thing may have been smoke screen to an extent?

No, people misunderstood what was happening. People thought that if Ghostbusters leaked, we'd lose the Ghostbusters property. What was actually happening was we lost Game of Thrones because Ghostbusters leaked. People were mistaken about what precisely was at stake.

So I guess I would have to be in the room for me to believe GoT was ever coming to HHN, let alone believe that a rumor leak on this website caused it to go away.

Do you know who owns HBO.... WarnerMedia. The same group that wouldn't let Universal use the Conjuring is going to let them have a HUGE IP, an IP of such significance that it would send shock waves through the haunt industry.

Are we even remotely allowing for the fact that this info was disseminated as a punishment for those that have leaked stuff or as a way to sniff out the serious leakers.

Yes!!! I was literally thinking this exact same thing, like do we actually believe that they give two shits about some rumors going around on a blog? C'mon now

No way WB/WM would allow universal to use GOT
So I guess I would have to be in the room for me to believe GoT was ever coming to HHN, let alone believe that a rumor leak on this website caused it to go away.

Do you know who owns HBO.... WarnerMedia. The same group that wouldn't let Universal use the Conjuring is going to let them have a HUGE IP, an IP of such significance that it would send shock waves through the haunt industry.

Are we even remotely allowing for the fact that this info was disseminated as a punishment for those that have leaked stuff or as a way to sniff out the serious leakers.

I mean, according to the leakers they're letting Uni use Creepshow, so idk. Mixed bag.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew