Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I’m guessing this tweet is alluding to the roaming chainsaw hoard from the closing weekend of last year’s event. I never saw them until the chase out however I heard they were spotted on the lower lot and out on the backlot. I’m guessing if they were to be implemented this year they’d be at the lower lot and maybe up by Simpson’s/Springfield since those are two pretty dead areas of the park

Reactions: Clive and Joey
I mean they did that back at Islands of Adventure in 2002, but I guess they could bring it back.

Jurassic World 3 is 2021, and Fallen Kingdom already started the pivot towards horror. I'm guessing that's a year the higher ups are eyeing.

Plus, HHN will start right when JW3 comes out on home video, so there's another layer of synergy.

tbh, a jurassic park maze will be killer. hell, i even writen down how it'll work before. there's tons of scenes you can do, with tons of scares to.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Interesting this year they are offering 1 time express for Jurassic World the ride as part if one of the ticket offerings.
Y00lU7R.png

So assuming two mazes in the Tram garage, there's gonna be four mazes (two originals, two IPs - probably HoTC and our mystery IP) in the upper lot, two in the lower lot (Stranger Things and KKfOS) and three in the Backlot (probably Creepshow, Ghostbusters and Frankenstein v. Wolfman).

At first I was worried that the Upper Lot was gonna be crowded, but now I can see the logic behind it. Each section has their own mega-requested IP to themselves (assuming the mystery IP is a highly requested one, obviously). I can dig it, hopefully it'll help spread the crowds out.

I’m confused about the fan preview night I think they should though about twice before announcing it because it doesn’t make sense to have the fan preview night before opening on September 13

I’m confused about the fan preview night I think they should though about twice before announcing it because it doesn’t make sense to have the fan preview night before opening on September 13

The simplest way to explain it, is simply put as thus:

The Fan Preview Night is set as a form of dress rehearsal if you will, that is for the sake of being the first official guests to be at the event (unlike a TM Preview event, which is happening).

While the Express option allows you a chance to attend a special panel with the main two most associated with Hollywood's A&D, John and Chris, the overall fan preview night gives you the chance to relax and have fun.

I think Orlando might be doing something similar, if I'm not mistaken (but @Legacy might give a better answer in this regard) this year, but later on in the course of the event.

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
Seeing that new spec map with the “Unknown IP”, and I gotta agree now that this is probably the best lineup. I think with the new addition it’s more rounded out in terms of big and cult properties and it really feels like there’s something for everyone. I’m amazed by how much that property + rewatching Ghostbusters changed my opinion on the overall lineup

The simplest way to explain it, is simply put as thus:

The Fan Preview Night is set as a form of dress rehearsal if you will, that is for the sake of being the first official guests to be at the event (unlike a TM Preview event, which is happening).

While the Express option allows you a chance to attend a special panel with the main two most associated with Hollywood's A&D, John and Chris, the overall fan preview night gives you the chance to relax and have fun.

I think Orlando might be doing something similar, if I'm not mistaken (but @Legacy might give a better answer in this regard) this year, but later on in the course of the event.
Orlando is not doing a "Fan Preview," at least not to my knowledge. Their Employee Preview night is their only "rehearsal."

Ops may be watching Hollywood though. It's something I can see them attempting.

Someone brought this issue up in the Orlando thread, but I thought about the tight space/big costumes issue that Klowns is facing. Have we ever considered the possibility of puppets? Sure, it wouldn’t be quite as effective as live actors, but I can see using puppets in areas where space may be tight.

Orlando is not doing a "Fan Preview," at least not to my knowledge. Their Employee Preview night is their only "rehearsal."

Ops may be watching Hollywood though. It's something I can see them attempting.

It's worth noting that, unlike Orlando, Hollywood holds an annual red carpet event with legit VIPs & press. Usually, that event intrudes into the "opening night" and holds up access to mazes periodically as those VIP groups are moved through after a maze is cleared of general guests. This year, they're moving it to a new date - this "Fan Preview" - and allowing fans to show up under the pretense of "not everything is going to be 100%."

That said, this is actually great for performers in some ways, as they'll get two evenings to "rehearse" before it's officially open... assuming they don't schedule the employee preview for Wednesday the 11th, forcing them into an unprecedented five consecutive night run on the very first weekend.

Someone brought this issue up in the Orlando thread, but I thought about the tight space/big costumes issue that Klowns is facing. Have we ever considered the possibility of puppets? Sure, it wouldn’t be quite as effective as live actors, but I can see using puppets in areas where space may be tight.
It's interesting because I remember the Trick r Treat maze last year (pretty sure this is going in the same spot?) feeling pretty tall, like there was a lot of open air above me. Maybe they'll have the space? Unless height isn't the issue and it's more about width? I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not sure...